Options

Just a Little Bit Further - 2014

Comments

• Options

evening all

franny - hope ecky and loula come back, I have been missing them

We have been to see The Maze Runner today, good film and I can see why the kids enjoyed the books so much!

off swimming tonight image

• Options

Hi all, sorry I have been gone for nearly a month.It has been an incredibly busy time,and so I haven't been able to visit my computer much.So apart from Facebook on my phone I really haven't done much social networking.But at least I have kept up with most of you on Facebook.

Well done on some really big races recently.Jude well done on that wonderful category 2nd placing.MC well done on a brilliant marathon run in York.Franny your race in Lisbon sounded amazing and you ran so well.AF what a great Ultra run.If you never run another,you will always be an Ultra runner.

My own running has gone off the boil a bit in recent weeks,just managing a run once a week,and October has seen my lowest monthly mileage for quite a few months.But I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things this month,with at least 3 runs a week,starting from Monday.At least I seem to be keeping my fitness,as I am not getting any slower on my runs,and if anything I get a bit quicker with each run.But I know I have to up my number of runs to keep progressing.This months target is to reach the 10 mile distance mark.

I have been very busy taking photographs,and going to college.There have been lots of hospital appointments with my wife too,so I have been really pushed for time.My parents old house is in the process of being sold,which is really sad,but at least it will soon be over with.It will be a year since my Dad passed away later this month,so it is a bit of a difficult time.

I will try and visit here a  bit more,as I don't want this thread to die off either.

• Options

Afternoon ALL

Nice to hear from you Deejay You sound like you have been a very very busy with everything Hope you get back to your regular runs next week image Sometimes life just takes over but you need ME time too

I have EXCITING NEWS I got selected for a VLM place from my club ballot. Was 2nd picked and if we get the usual 3 awarded places then I AM IN imageimageimage so excited now...so that will be 2 marathons I will be doing next year as I have decided to do the LISBON FULL MARATHON too in October image so that will be London when I'm 49 and Lisbon when I will be 50 image

Got Strathaven Run with the wind 10k tomorrow image

• Options

morning all

franny - yayimage brilliant news. 

DJ - good to hear from you, hope your wife is doing well. Sometimes having a little time off from running lets your body recover a bit so hopefully getting back into the routine of running won't be too hard

I am having a bit of a lazy day today as it is the last day of half term and we are off to visit the in-laws. I haven't been running much but have started getting back on my bike, which has been ignored for a while! But I also need to get back to my running routine if I am going to go sub-6 at Manchester in March! I want to get at least 3 20 milers in before then so need to build back up to it. Hopefully then I won't find the last few miles so hard

• Options

Afternoon,

Franny-I am so pleased for you. Fingers crossed I get my club place...and then we find each other in the crowds and managed to pace each other for a sub 4 hour. Hope you had a good race in the wind.  

DJ-Good to here from you. Hope you get back into the running routine. I agree - not that I ever do,but it si good to have some time off.

Well I did my 2nd park run 24.35 so 8 seconds quicker than last week. Still way off what I would like to be. Would like to think I could be at least 2 minutes quicker if my 10k PB is 45.02. I think it is hood for me to do some speedier short sessions and hopefully pay dividends in the long run. Mind you it is hard work this speedy stuff!!! 

A little niggly in my let today so I wnet on a very short 2.25 slow run this morning, Couldn't really be botherered!!  

• Options

imageAfternoon all

More exciting news for me image I got a whacking PB yesterday at my 10k and got my sub 50 mins. Did it in 49.19 image so a minute of last years time Woo hoo.

AF Well done on your 2nd parkrun and a PB image Yes I think you will be getting a 5k PB every time you go to parkrun as you will easy get 22mins I reckon image and fingers crossed you get a club place and I may get my sub 4 marathon

Mathschick Hope you enjoyed your lazy day and good your aiming for your sub 6 at Manchester You will do it easily image

• Options

Well done Franny really pleased for you. I am sure you could do a sub 4 hour marathon & If I get my place I will pace you. I managed to pace 2 of my girlies from the club this year. They then had the audacity of finishing stronger than me. 3.47 & 3.52 respectively as I plodded in at 3.55!!! Just wish I knew if I had the club place. I am getting very tempted to enter Brighton again as I have discovered that it is 2 weeks before London next year!!!  

MC-How are you after your lazy day? I am sure you will get in sub 6 hours. 

Jude-Where are you? Did you do your marathon?

Lazy day for me as well as miserable down here and decided to rest my niggle.   

• Options

Franny - well done, brilliant PB and congrats for getting into Londonimage

Feeling good after my lazy day, but back at school today and the early get up was a shock, plus I didn't sleep much image

I also want to do sub 2:30 at the Barcelona half in February, so I need to get working really!!

• Options

Nice wee 10 mile frosty cold run for me this morning and feeling good imageimage

Now off to visit my Mum so Chico will be happy with a walk on the beach image

• Options

evening

frosty run for me this morning too image beautiful morning

long day at work though - we had 6th form open evening till after 8 image roll on the weekend

• Options

I like frosty runs Mathschick..the weekend is almost here image

Very hard track session last night but enjoyed it .... I think...ha ha image we did 400m followed by 100m recovery then 200m with 100m recovery x 6 all at 5k race pace.image

• Options

Afternoon,

1st Frosty run for me yesterday 6 miles wrapped up warm,but, a lovely sunny morning. Well done MC & Franny on your runs and Franny on your track session.

6.6 miles with the club this morning- top of my leg is quite painful at the moment and takes me a while to get going so may not do Park Run tomorrow.

Weekend hooray...child free...hooray!!!

• Options

AF - take care of that leg - what have you done to it? Enjoy your child free weekend - or I could lend you some children image

after a long day at work yesterday and not getting to bed till after midnight because eldest was on a trip and got back late, today is a rest day and an early night. I wonder how early I could get away with going to bed?

• Options

Cmputer truble.... 15th letter is nt wrking.......image will catch up with yur news. my marathn is next week.....

• Options

Jude - that has come round quickly! bad news about the computer - might be worth taking the letter key off and have a little clean and replacing it? 

• Options

How early to bed did you get away with then Mathschick image

AF Well done on your runs and hope you are enjoying your child free weekend. How are your legs? Hope you haven't injured them

Jude Wow 1 week till marathon day Rest up this week and take it easy. How hot is it over there just now ?

Wen out for an Indian last night with Hubby Was very yummy.image

• Options

not early at all in the end franny!

nice 6 mile run this morning in the sunimage

• Options

Hi all I'm back and need help. Since my appendixes burst last year I've struggled to get my mojo back image was doing triathlons before that (as some may remember ) but now just want to do running ( training takes less time for one event ) not training has taken its toll. I'm now 16 1/2 stone image. So come on guys and girls I need help!!!!

• Options

Morning,

MC- No to your kind offer of lending your children!!! 

Jude-1 week to go - hope the training has been ok recently? 

Franny-Had a nice child free weekend. Managed to go upto the Downs for a wet hilly run of 11.5 miles yesterday. Leg felt ok ish - a bit achey today- but began to feel my mojo returning!

Silver Trucker- Welcome back. Can't remember how you were running last year. I suspect the best thing that you can do is start off with a run walk philosophy and gradually build up the miles. Something like 1 minute walk 1 minute run and 2 minute walk and 2 minute run.  

• Options

ST - great to have you back, I often wonder what happened to you!! Just be careful not to overdo the rest daysimage

had a busy couple of days with work and loads of marking but taking this evening off school work even though I brought a bag of books home! Going to go for a run instead...

• Options

Morning,

Not run since Sunday as top of my leg is still achey. image Seem a bit of a wreck- though my mojo had come back, but it is hiding!!! Fingers crossed will do a run tomorrow morning...all a bit frustrating. Part of me says rest from running until the weekend.

• Options

evening

AF - if there is part of you thinking you should rest from running then you probably should - frustrating, yes, but if it gives your leg chance to recover it may be better to have a little frustration now than having a longer period off through making it worse

• Options

Morning mathschick

yes I still bulk out my training with rest days image

• Options

Evening

Welcome back Silver Trucker image

AF You should probably REST but I know you won't image

Hi Mathschick

I went for a 7.5 miler on Tuesday morning Should have been 10ish but had loads to fit in before work. I have another track session tonight image 

JUDE...how you feeling about Sunday ??? Hope your resting up

• Options

Day 4 - no running. Tried the treadmill at home but too painfull.....mightly peeved....have a physio appointment on monday. Will try to run tomorrow,but, we will see!!

Franny-Well done on your 7.5 miler.

BFN

• Options

AF Do nut run if its painful You need to rest up until you see physio on Monday Hard I know but you don't want to do any more damage until you know what your dealing with.

Hard but good track session last night 7 x 800 m with 90 sec recovery. was meant to be only 6 but coach said we had 1 more in us LOL Felt great after it.

• Options

Hi guys!

Still have computer trouble which is the result of the computer technician at work giving it a good clean! The o seems to be working today at least.

Well, my news is that I haven't gone to Istanbul for the marathon tomorrow. My foot was better, although not a 100%, and I managed 18 miles 2 weeks ago and 10 miles last Sunday and was all set. Daughter got a throat infection last week which I got on Tuesday. I got drugged up and was hoping for a miracle but I'm still coughing and my glands are up. No possible way I could run a marathon. I may attempt my own private marathon when I'm better.  My mum says she'll get me a medal if I do!image Feeling a bit down, as I've been hoping to do a marathon for nearly 5 years now and I've seen you all do your first and successive maras....If I lived in England I would sign up for another one in a couple of weeks but no such luck here.

Franny - well done on your training! Sounds very hard core!

AF - Oh no!! Hope you feel better soon. Don't push yourself. I hope it's nothing serious. 

Hi Silver Trucker!

Hubby has cooked dinner, it's on the table! Gotta go! What a lovely man!!!image 

• Options

evening

sorry - I haven't had much time to get on the forum this week

Jude - I am so gutted for you, I know the feeling of being ill and missing an event. But, look at the positives, you have managed to fit the training into your life, you know you are capable of doing it. When you are better get the kids to man an aid station for you and set up a finish line. I bet they could make you a medal

AF - don't run!! Just wait till you have seen a physio. Maybe do a bit of a cycle or swim, or just rest

franny - well done on the track session

ST - hope you have managed a couple of runs and not too many rest days image

• Options

Day 7 no running. Off to physio shortly & will report back.

Fed up from Sussex.

Jude-Hope you are ok after your disappointment. Was gutted for you. 

• Options

Afternoon

Aw Jude I was so gutted when I read your post. Hope your feeling a bit better today.

AF Hope its good news at the Physio

Hi MC

I did a 9 mile run this morning in the pouring rain. Was absolutely soaked through when I got in