What: 5 miles easy

Why: All I had time for

Last Hard: Fiday

Last Rest: Saturday

Last night of work tonight;-)
  • Options
    Evening all,

What: 6M easy
    Why: need to be careful for a few more days!

Last hard: over two weeks
    Last rest: those two weeks

WP, it's a case of learning how your body feels.
    I'm in the postion where I've had a long time off running (13 day is long for me!) so I need to be careful how quick I come back.

Stickless, I get grummpy when ill!
    Your right though if I over do the training I get tired & grummpy.

• Options
    What: 15minutes base training (i know its not a lot, but ...)
    Why: Base training and attempting to run every day, don't normally run on mondays, tell me why. So i have to start somewhere.
    Will run this on the days i don't currently run and hopefully and eventually build up to a hour.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    WP-as the guys have said it is a matter of getting to know you own body.

You've only been running 10 months so it'll be a while yet for your body to adapt to all the changes that take place.

I know you want a good time at London. My advice to you would be to concentrate on building steady miles, but leave the speed work until about March time. Also after your long runs drink a can of slim-fast/SIS/Rego and soak your legs in a bucket of iced water for 15mins. Hopefully this will lessen the sore feeling, which comes not from one or two runs, but accumulates over months!

Trinity-I've not entered yet as I wasn't sure if I was going to do it. I think I'm pretty much decided now as long as calf injury stays away!

Did my run with son, which was cut short to 3 miles off road as it got too dark. But have to say I was glad we cut the run short as the pace was punishing with me running flat out, but still only just keeping him in sight. Tell me this does me good because it didn't feel it at the time!
  • Options
    Hilly- it does you good. (honest).
    WP- I wonder if they are worried about stress fractures which are the injury new runners are most prone to, I think you build up muscle strength and increase lung capacity very early on but bone mass takes longer- hence the propensity to stress fractures. I only know this because I had a lot of time to read about it when I was resting my fractured Fibula 7 months after starting running in earnest! I was however training with people who were doing London on 17 milers and the like so I was a bit silly.
    I wouldn't have thought you were doing too much on 20 miles a week though.
    Lizzy B - you always sound like you lead the most eventful life, snowboarding indeed how glamorous.

Anyway what have I done today-

Oh yes a quick blast down Scotchman and Upper Batley Lane then up Howden Clough, maybe 4 and a half miles . Iwas running quite fast so I looked assertive and purposeful on the dark unlit streets.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Monique I think WP is up to 58 miles a week with her long run already at 17 miles!

I too had a stress fracture of the fibula, which stopped me doing the London marathon one year!

I'm glad my run with my son will do some good. I wish I could run at his pace, mind he's young and at 6'2 his legs cover more ground than my little ones!
  • Options
    Oh I must have misread the post, blimey that's lots.
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    6.5 miles easy, last hard yesterday's race. Almost got skittled by some kids who were heading down a hill behind me sitting on skateboards. I mangaged to take swift evasive action, two of the kids had tried to steer away from me and ended up in a twisted heap! We all saw the funny side.

Nice to see you are back in training BT.
  • Options
    It seems that everybody that was ill or injuried is back outing running, I hope it carries on going.

Just back from second run of day and I have a bit of a problem with left hand side of ribs which feel sore to the touch and hurts when I cough. Does anybody have an idea to what this could be.
  • Options
    A pulled muscle?

My right abdomen is permanently sore. I ducked sharply to avoid a branch tonight and it was like being stabbed.

Can't do ab crunches or anything.

With me it's an overuse injury that goes down on a `cutback' week.
  • Options
    Oh aye, 10.5 tonight (with 2 training partners - yippee!!).

That's 41.5 for the week (Sun and Mon).

I'll have to bang in some high mileage early doors as it is hard to get a pass out to run on Christmas day, and Boxing Day is a 6 mile race followed by visits to friends which makes mileage hard.
  • Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Good evening All.

What - 3.2 miles easy.
    Why - base building
    Last hard - 5 days ago
    Last rest - 1 day ago.

Didn't run for last 5 days due to varieties of Euan Blair impressions from all the various Xmas parties. Now that they're all over I can focus on running again.
  • Options
    Phew, just made it before tomorrow dawns.

What: 4m ~70% but at the limit
    Why: That's all I could do due to circumstances, although it's 1 mile further than the schedule calls for.
    Last hard: Yesterday
    Last rest: 9 day
    7 day cumulative: 38m (or less than 2 days running for BR ;) )

I wish this was a step-back week. Mrs C-T is under the weather, I'm working up to Xmas eve and we've 2 kiddies under 8 that are fit to burst with excitement.

I reckon there'll quite a few 'stolen' 4 milers this week.

Good night all.
  • Options
    Today's lyric was brought to you by The Flaming Lips - She Don't Use Jelly.

Perhaps I'd have had more takers if I'd used the verse for which the chorus is "Vaseline", but that contains the song title. So I couldn't.

Oh well.
  • Options
    who the hell are they?????

you must be young

we are discussing genesis, and queen