Options

Mudchute Support Group 5

124»

Comments

• Options

Hi - I left a small boots bag at the runners world stall yesterday. It has my name - Stephen- on it. Many thanks!

• Options

Redhead - your yarn has been collectedimage.  The rest of the stuff will be too in due course.

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭

Thanks very much BBH.

Now I can rest easy - NOT!!!!!!!

Wibble and wibble again image

• Options

Good luck all - look for the very tinsely 5 sign with a very grumpy little old lady slurping cider next to it!!  I will have my little Bear Behind with meimage.

• Options

Thank you so much BBH! I fear I may have been babbling at you, but the hugs were much appreciated! I finished in 5:25ish. I can't even be bothered to look yet. I decided to drop the idea of chasing a time before I started, and just ran and had fun. It was tough, and there was a lot more walking than I would have liked, but I did it.

• Options

Well done - it was lovely to meet you and glad you had fun.  Hope everyone else's run went well.

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Firstly, thank you so much to the wonderful support team; you gave me such a boost. I was vastly overheating by the time I reached you and the hugs were much appreciated.

BBH, thank you for passing me the yarn. I was at the stage where I couldn't get the last 2 balls off my back because they'd got tangled up with the chains! I used both of them up by the finish. But I have to apologise for taking the Haribo sweeties which I'd bought for you guys - my brain must have been completely addled, I'm so sorry.

SRA, well done love. You were looking fabulous in your purpliness and that was a good time in that heat.

I decided to speed up in the last 6 miles (I usually aim to get as close to my 6 hour cut-off as possible to maximise my knitting/crocheting time) as it was just too hot and sweaty hands and yarn don't work very well together! Came in at 5:40:42 with a chain of 139.42 metres long which is a new Guinness World Record so was pleased with that even though it could have been longer if I'd just slowed my pace down image

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Was lovely to see you Redhead.  You seemed too bewildered to notice me standing behind the others but I was cheering for you.

Thank you to all the runners and supporters for making Mudchute the success that it is.  We couldn't do it without all of you.  Maybe we will get to see some of you on the other side of the fence next year?

• Options

Redhead - congratulations on your record - don't worry about the sweets - we were quite loaded down with generous contributions from you runners.

• Options

Hi gang

Yesterday went great for me.  Had a chance meeting with SRA in the pen before the start - the full-on purple-ness gave you away.  Glad you had fun yesterday and hope the gin did the trick last night !

Then I saw Redhead briefly around the 6 mile mark.  You looked in top form and I am in awe of your World Record.

This was topped by the sparkly number 5 at Mudchute and the hugs I got from BBH.

My race pace was spot on -  2:22 for the first half, 2:21 for the second = home on 4:43 and a PB by some 28 minutes !

Feeling sunburnt, sore quads and a permanent silly smile.

Thanks everyone for your support

• Options

Many thanks for collecting and looking after my stuff. It was really appreciated!

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭

Snapdragon, well done you on such a massive pb on a hot day! Thanks for saying hello image

Supercaz, I'm so sorry and you are quite correct in that I was dazed and confused by the time I got to Mudchute! 'Bewildered' is my middle name. Thank you for your support.

• Options

You're welcome everyone - it was a great day for me too.  I wish you all a speedy recovery.

• Options

Thanks SO much everyone!! I had an EPIC birthday weekend at the marathon image PB with 4h45 (taken a good 9mins off my previous) and was really spurred on by my hugs BBH image thanks so much for all your hard work! Redhead -- brilliant work on the record - glad i spotted you on my way round image was definitely feeling the London love for minne on Sun! YEY!

Big love xx

• Options

Forgot to say - lovely to meet snapdragon and Redhead also. image