Options

Wrexham Marathon 2015

SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

I see there's a new marathon in Wrexham on 8th March.   But I can't establish whether it's a road event or not, I'm hoping it is.

I did email the organisers last week but no reply yet.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Options

I'm fairly sure it's a road event. Same organisers as the inaugural Rhyl marathon this year. Will be well organised.

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

Thanks John, are you going to run it?  

I have now received a reply to my email:-

Yes all on road and mainly flat with a few bits of
    up.

Regards

Chris Yorke
    Race Director

I'll enter todayimage

• Options

To be fair Shades, Chris Yorke puts on a good race and doesn't charge extortionate amounts for the "pleasure" (how much was the Brighton marathon???). I may consider doing the half as prep for London - 2 marathons a year (the 2nd being Snowdonia!) is enough for me - the desire to remain married remains stronger!! 

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

Entry doneimage

John - I do more than 2 marathons a year as I have no desire to get married againimage

• Options

Two weeks to go and who else is doing this? You can't tell from the website who's doing the full and who's doing the half although it looks like about 600 total entries so far. 

• Options

I'm doing the full marathon. ive got a place in London so gonna use it as a long run. How's your trainning going ? mine was going well up until 4 weeks ago then my shin splint flared up didn't run for 3 weeks. Got through rhyl 10 yday, Anglesey half next Sunday. I've managed a 15,16,17,18 before my missed training so should get round. AH1 you in for full or half? Be more in the half i reckon 

• Options

Yes, doing the full. Training going Ok with a bit more lost time through injury than ideal. With the half starting 90 mins after the full and courses joining at around 16 miles I've been trying to work out what it's going to be like for those last 10 miles. The hope is to do enough for a London GFA for next year.  Hopefully there'll be a few others to form a group so it doesn't get too lonely!

• Options

I didn't realise so few had signed up for it. Might get up to 800 by then. If that'd the case I reckon about 300 will do the full. I'm only going for about 3.20/30 was hoping for sub 3 this year but no where near that with my bad leg/lost training. I had an email of them other day say first 17 down hill , two steady climbs in last 9. The course looks a bit open if weather is bad!