Options

Sub 3.30 Tim: #asics262

Comments

• Options

Nice one reikirabbit I love those sessions.

I will be back later for more comprehensive post, these last few days have been manic but I saw this and thought I should post it. Very apt about the power of the mind.

Have a good day everyone. image

http://runningfreedom.com/how-to-run-a-marathon-in-your-mind-12-tips-for-winning-the-mental-fight/

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Tim - very sorry to hear about your friend. What a lovely gesture running London in his memory - a pile of spare coppers have been gladly sent your way.

Many thanks for the the tips on the mental game. Those will come in very handy this weekend!

Hope the recovery/London prep is going well. How do you structure that? Just rest then a few build up runs next week? 

Carbo load in full swing here. Is it wrong that I seem to be coping very easily with this volume of food? image

• Options

Tim - are you running Bacchus again this year?

• Options

Hey there!  My donation to your worthy cause was made this morning.

As per my tweet just now, I'm helping with baggage at VMLM next weekend.  I'll be at a RED lorry, covering numbers 45101 to 49500.  Please come and say hi xx

• Options

Puffsta  How is that recipe coming on??? I am sooooo hungry image

MsE wrote (see)

Tim - I have only lurked on here having voted for you at the very beginning.  I just read your report and cannot tell you how much it pleases me to see you gain so much from the whole process. It makes the Asics program very special indeed and highlights how much benefit you can obtain from it when you have your eyes and mind wide open to the process.  Well done.  I have a feeling sub-3:15 won't be long... image

MsE Thank you for taking the time to come out from lurkers corner and say this, I am so pleased. It really is the best program and one can gain so much from it, but sometimes you get out what you put in. I really hope I can get sub 3.15. I also hope you are on track with your running goals too. Are you running a spring marathon?

Buxton Running Bunny Thanks for your kind words. This process is special and what is brilliant is being part of something which involves so many other people. The forumites, twitter followers, RW readers, that is a lot of motivation and encouragement to channel into positivity but it worked. I can say that I am still on cloud 9, thinking of extending the lease up here. Greg Whyte said "Nothing good ever came easy" and he was  right. When it does come, its all the sweeter though. How are you doing in your taper now, is it going okay?

ktkt Thank you so much for that. I will be enjoying London without worrying about the time although that said, no doubt my internal determination will kick in at some point. Probably the 1st mile.  image  Good luck to you in London, hope you get your race strategy sorted. I would also advocate having A, B & C goals.

CDUB72 Really great point there on pacing, so true. And interesting that the time on my fridge which I looked at daily was 3hrs 28 mins. Fascinating. Wonder what Dynamo would make of that.

Slowkoala My legs are spot on now, Did a lovely session on the bike earlier with a gentle run after. Parkrun tomorrow and 9 miles on Sunday. All looking good for London. How is everything with you?

• Options

Tim - Loved reading your write up was really moving and totally captured the weekend, I know i've tweeted you but just wanted to say another big well done you thoroughly deserve all the congrats and well wishes.

Gutted about London Bridge, found it really straight forward last year as Puffsta says I walked across Tower Bridge and got straight on a train, I'm Blue Start so will work out how easy it is to get to Charing Cross should be fine.

Got back from warm weather training on Weds evening, although I fully enjoyed myself I definitely felt I was relatively sensible, certainly eat well and not stuffed myself, and drank sensibly at least during the day most of time, well I was on hols after all!!  Did a 4 miler last night and felt so easy after running in the heat over there so hopefully it has done me good.

Good luck to all doing Manchester this weekend, I'll be handing drinks out at the 22.5 stop, apparently the drinks are easier to open this year, they've also done away with shot blocks, well on our stop anyway and it's an isotonic drink so seems like they've listend to feedback. 

• Options

Malcs Thank you so much for your kind  donation, I really appreciate it. I spent this morning gardening at the hospice, I am very tired now, running a marathon is so much easier than gardening if you are not used to it or in my case, that good at it.

Andrea And thank you so much for your donation, they do such a wonderful job there, it was moving to see it first hand this morning, you kind generosity help so much. And I will see you at the end of London. Much like the end of Paris. Only without the wine. image

• Options

BK Canter Hows the legs doing buddy?  Yes I am doing Bacchus. Not going to be my PB attempt marathon. I am hoping to run it with the brilliant running community and have fun.     Talking of which Angela did you enter in the end? And Sarah?

Christian Thanks buddy, your support, like everyone else's on here has been just brilliant. Charing Cross has always been brilliant for me, I do like to get there early so have been on one of the first trains out.

• Options

So here goes for this weekends marathon runners and I have also Listed down London again, hoping that we have got everyone listed. Please let me know if I have missed anyone as I mislaid the most recent list! I do love a  good list even if I am hopeless and keep losing lists!!!

19-Apr Manchester  Marathon 

• Gingermagic
    • baldrunnerman
    • Hans C

26-Apr VLM                            

• Ruffles
    • Buxtonrunningbunny
    • SupermanRuns
    • Slowkoala
    • paupau
    • Mr Puffy
    • Angela I
    • Bramster
    • Sean R
    • Neil t
    • Reikirabbit
    • Charles Henderson
    • Freemers
    • Fairyclogs

• Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Wow, all this London talk nearly made me forget there was Manchester inbetween image

Good luck Ginger, baldrunnerman and HansC. Don't be shit image

• Options

I can confirm that both myself and Sarah aka RRR have entered Bacchus- stayed with the relly we will stay with for that overnight last night to help break up the drive for a course I'm on in Portsmouth today and over the weekend.  Drove past the Orpington exIT for Malcs yesterday afternoon and Horsham exit for Superman this morning which has lead me to believe the next sub 3:30 #asics262 winner will be someone who lives in Portsmouth image 

just sitting down to dinner for one... Hubby is driving down as he can't bear to spend a weekend away from me.... Even when there was a choice of going home or camping in almost freezing temp for saltmarsh75 he chose camping!! He must really love me... Strange man!!

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Evening.  What about a nice pulled beef lasagne Tim?

You need a piece of brisket, 1lb will do 2 people, you'll prolly need double that  I guess?

Unroll it, and cut it into inch square sections. Briefly sear off half a dozen pieces at a time preferably in an iron casserole dish and put to one side. Then put all the meat back in the pot and add 50/50 red wine and beef stock to really cover the meat. Any herbs can go in as well, thyme and rosemary are good for this. perhaps half an onion and a carrot too, because after the beef's ready you can reduce the liquid down for gravy at a later date.

Bring to the boil and either simmer for two hours or put it in the oven fan 140 degrees for two hours.

When it's ready - not dropping off itself like bourgignon, you want a bit of texture - remove the chunks of beef and shred them. You're supposed to do it with two forks but I end up tearing it apart with my fingers.

Then you just make a bolognese sauce as usual, a little oil in a p an, cook the beef with a few good squeezes of tomato puree, then I cheat a bit and use a jar of Loyd grossman tomato and basil sauce. A few spoonfuls of the braising liquid can go back in to stop it going too dry and add a bit of beefy flavour too

Then you just layer it up, top off with a bit of white sauce, I don't put cheese in, and sprinkle with nutmeg. 40 minutes at 140 degrees again and it is done image

• Options

Thanks Chicksta, fingers crossed the  maranoia niggles sod off. 

Puffsta, liking the sound of that bad boy. Shredding meat with fingers is strangely satisfying. Like a toddler squidging mudpies.

Christian I suspect at 22,5 miles I will be gagging for anything that looks like fuel. 

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Morning happy Marathon Eve image

• Options

Freemers My no. is 235 will wear white t shirt top light blue trainers. Hope to go through half way about 1.40 ish. Hope you have a nice half.

Don't know what is going on but can't find this thread on the forum page.Can read everyones posts but have lost all of Supers posts!

• Options

Good luck Gingermagic,  baldrunnerman and HansC  running Manchester tomorrow. Go and make your dreams come true.

Best wishes to everyone else wherever you are running.

• Options
    All the best to Manchester Marathon Runners tomorrow, especially Gingermagic.

Along with Martin and Malcs at your respective marathons.

Remember don't be shitimage
  • Options
    SlowkoalaSlowkoala ✭✭✭
    Good luck to all Manchester runners tomorrow. Looks like the weather will be perfect for you, so no excuses!

Superman - just saw your parkrun result. WOW!
  • Options
    Puffsta wrote (see)

Evening.  What about a nice pulled beef lasagne Tim?

You need a piece of brisket, 1lb will do 2 people, you'll prolly need double that  I guess?

Unroll it, and cut it into inch square sections. Briefly sear off half a dozen pieces at a time preferably in an iron casserole dish and put to one side. Then put all the meat back in the pot and add 50/50 red wine and beef stock to really cover the meat. Any herbs can go in as well, thyme and rosemary are good for this. perhaps half an onion and a carrot too, because after the beef's ready you can reduce the liquid down for gravy at a later date.

Bring to the boil and either simmer for two hours or put it in the oven fan 140 degrees for two hours.

When it's ready - not dropping off itself like bourgignon, you want a bit of texture - remove the chunks of beef and shred them. You're supposed to do it with two forks but I end up tearing it apart with my fingers.

Then you just make a bolognese sauce as usual, a little oil in a p an, cook the beef with a few good squeezes of tomato puree, then I cheat a bit and use a jar of Loyd grossman tomato and basil sauce. A few spoonfuls of the braising liquid can go back in to stop it going too dry and add a bit of beefy flavour too

Then you just layer it up, top off with a bit of white sauce, I don't put cheese in, and sprinkle with nutmeg. 40 minutes at 140 degrees again and it is done image

Awesome Puffsta I am loving this. 

And I am loving the new mantra - Remember dont be shit.  image

Angela I suspect some Portsmouth runners are already planning their #asics262 application for next year. image

Slowkoala Thanks very much. I am pretty much staggered. It has also been suggested i did not run hard enough last week. Which i strenuously deny. image It was a carefully planned and executed no risk marathon plan. 

So I have a new parkrun PB  

18.51!!!!!!

Lost for words!!! 

• Options
    Got superman post back I ignored him????

Sound the klaxon two PBs in a week! What surprise will unfold at vlm.

Looking forward to tomorrow feeling fine. Have lost just over half a stone these last few months to 11.12. Got gels ready bottles for the water stations. Just need to get to sleep tonight,which I struggle before big occasions.Waking up is the easy bit.

Good luck to the Manchester gang, Malcs and all other racers tomorrow
  • Options
    Good luck to you all for tomorrow.

Super that parkrun pb is just mad.
  • Options

Wishing all those running marathons tomorrow tons and tons of luck!!! I'll be spectating somewhere around the Manchester marathon course and will give everyone a massive cheer if I spot you... (Don't be shit!!!)

Bloody f**kin hell Superman!!!! That parkrun PR is amazing... Save a little something for London! Congratulations... image

• Options
    So I'm in Manchester! I'm in the Hotel Football right next to the race village and Old Trafford. I can see everything getting set up. Very very excited and a bit nervous about it all right now. Thanks for the good luck wishes everyone. Good luck Hans and Matt! If you see a wee ginger guy in a black Ely Runners vest give me a shout!

I will try not to be shit. Lol.
  • Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Tim - crikey moses, that's a blinding 5K result! Well done! Definitely puts you in 3:15 territory from a speed perspective. Can't believe you've done this just a week after Paris, just amazing stuff!

I never thought I'd say this but I am now sick of the sight of Jaffa cakesimage

Weather looks to be ok ish for tomorrow here in West Wales. Maybe a bit too sunny for my liking but there is some cloud coming in  over the morning.

My knee is a worry but maybe it's just the old maranoia setting in. 

Thanks for the good luck wishes. Hope the the Manc massive have great races. Best of luck to you too Martin.

• Options
    Good luck tomorrow Malcs! Can't wait to hear how you get on!

Just seen the Parkrun PB! Well done Tim, amazing.
  • Options

Speechless Superman That parkrun PB is insane the week after a marathon PB.

I think Buxton running bunny summed up your achievement fairly succinctly. Did you miss the memo about recovery, not to mention resting before London?

Super indeed.

Malcs and Martin Good luck tomorrow. Sorry I missed you off my previous post. So many races to keep track of.

• Options

Good luck for tomorrow Gingermagic!!! Hoping to be spectating somewhere around the 11/14 mile point on one of the out and back loops... Will most definitely give you a massive cheer if I can spot you! Go get that 3:2x.xx PB you totally deserve!

• Options
    Awesome BRB, thank you. I'll keep my eyes peeled. I should hopefully still be quite comfortable by that point!
  • Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Great time Tim, knock a few seconds off that next Saturday?  Good luck GM, one of my colleagues is running tomorrow, his first marathon.  He's entered quite late, and is looking for sub 4.

I had a funny run today...a girl from our club organised a run from her house...I ran there, expecting to run 5-6 miles and run back, but some of us did around 8 miles, on quite difficult terrain. followed by tea an cake, which was very welcome. I jogged back and walked the last few miles, two easy club nights next week and that's that!

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

eh???? Logged on to read Tim's race report and already its yesterday's news as he runs a whooping 5k PB????  I think I'm a lot more impressed with that than the marathon (and I was really impressed with that!)  Feck.