Options

So anyway, Sepp Blatter...

Comments

• Options
    Snap!Snap! ✭✭✭
    Scream: if you knowingly support an organisation or in this case a sport,that you know to be corrupt, then you are agreeing to the corruption.

Anyway, I just like any opportunity to stick the boot in where football's concerned.
  • Options

Most fans don't support FIFA, practically or otherwise. Most fans will never attend a Workd Cup game. Their loyalty is largely going to be to their club team which answers to its national  organisation.

Supporting someone like Southend United is about as far away from supporting  FIFA as it is possible to get. 

• Options
    Philomena Cunk wrote (see)

Qatar is a very interesting choice. Homosexuality punishable by death, Sharia law, death by stoning, adultery punishable by death with a man's testimony counting more than a women's and public flogging. And yet it is th richest country in the world per capita. So wonder how that campaign went then? You don't need any other proof of a corrupt organisation. Why the hell aren't players, fans, FAs, Gvernments etc DEMANDING acton now. 

IMO the migrant worker deaths (and we are still 7 years away from the tournament image) makes it untenable even if the bid had been fairly won. What football federation wants to send its national team to play on the back of that?

• Options

If they tolerate this then then the morality of the world football fan is bankrupt. Fuck me they have a campaign if a kitten gets put in a bin but if the world's most popular is being shat upon are they just happy to sup on their cans of coca -cola and eat their big macs and say nothing as long as they get their football on their HD 50 inch screens? 

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    I thought cunk was going to say:

If they tolerate this then your children will be next...image
  • Options

I won't be watching it.

I understand that all major construction projects are dangerous and a small number of deaths are bound to happen but over a thousand? No way. Unacceptable. 

• Options
    VDOT50 wrote (see)
    I thought cunk was going to say:
    If they tolerate this then your children will be next...image

Yes, I was being a bit manic. 

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Unusual language from you Screama. This Blatter guy must have really annoyed you.

No wonder he's confident of lasting the course. His predecessor was still in place when in his 90's.

As for significant countries actually boycotting the 'world cup', I doubt it. The nearest any of them will do is 'imagine at some point in the future the possibility of giving the notion some consideration'.

🙂

• Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭
    The world cup is a bit shit compared to the champions league mind you. In fact it's a bit shit compared to the premier league too.
  • Options

I was referring to Jack Wilshere in that case actually, Ric.

I mean if that's the class of player representing England at the top level image

Can you imagine Bobby Moore or Gordon Banks doing anything like that?

• Options
    asitisasitis ✭✭✭

Footballers do cheat and I never see it more so. They get a little tap and the way you see them act its like they are about to die. Often replays show there was never any contact made in the first place. 

Footballers are the worst, Its plain and simple, They are in a different league. I completely hate the sport now in what it has become and what it stands for. In fact I don't class it as a sport. Now give young kids a ball and a bit of grass. Yes that's my idea of sport.

People always say this and that but its just one excuse after another. Like Sepp Blatter is putting it. That's his excuse.

• Options
    There was an interesting discussion on the Claire Balding show on Friday night,

Ben Cohen & Jason Robinson (both rugby players) saying they felt sportsmen had to set an example, and that off field behaviour was as important as on...

David James the ex footballer being very clear that no one asked if he wished to be a role model, and that what ever he did off the football pitch was no bodies business but his own.

He couldn't see the other point of view at all
  • Options

David James probably wasn't the best person to ask since he is a psychopath (not a joke, he scores highly on the scale) so he wouldn't be capable of seeing their point of view - he's wired up differently.

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    I thought he had PPD, but it is a thin line between the 2. Allegedlyimage
  • Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭
    Surprisingly non bed-wetty piece in the Guardian today about Jack Wilshere. People moan about the lack of characters in football and then when someone shows a bit of character they want to scream faux outrage. Ridiculous.

Plus he was factually correct. Arsenal fans do regard Tottenh*m and s*it as synonyms. And if my old man told me 'be a T*ttenham fan' I daresay I'd also tell him 'f*ck off! b*llocks: you're a c*nt.'

I forget what happened when they went to Rome to see the pope.
  • Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    He's a typical gooner, he is not from Islington. Not much else to say about him really. I don't mind football chants- it shows that even chimps can learn a song if they are taught by rote and motivated by male bonding.
  • Options
    Nayan wrote (see)
    Surprisingly non bed-wetty piece in the Guardian today about Jack Wilshere. People moan about the lack of characters in football and then when someone shows a bit of character they want to scream faux outrage. Ridiculous.

Plus he was factually correct. Arsenal fans do regard Tottenh*m and s*it as synonyms. And if my old man told me 'be a T*ttenham fan' I daresay I'd also tell him 'f*ck off! b*llocks: you're a c*nt.'

I forget what happened when they went to Rome to see the pope.

Oh that's what passes as "character" these day is it? Fantastic. Nice to see mankind is evolving. 

• Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭

In football, yes it is. Of course these days we want a manicured, chest waxed facsimile of terrace life to sit comfortably between Britains got talent and cbbc but for folks who have been supporting the game for decades it's exactly that kind of banter they want when theyhave a few pints and escape domestic tedium on a Saturday at 3pm.

In an ideal world such people would fuck off and watch the tennis.

I wouldn't worry for Spurs fans incidentally- from what Ive seen they are thick skinned enough to give as good as they get. Well I assume they that's what they do - I generally struggle to decode their unintelligible grunts as they chow down on human meat and sacrifice cats.

Wilshere for his part should know better than to take terrace ribaldry to an open top bus parade where there are kids milling around. It was funny but clearly you cant get away scott free with that nowadays

• Options

I'm not worried about Spurs fans, although if he meets some down a dark alley one night he might regret it.

I just don't see why an oaf should be applauded for being an oaf. Football used to have plenty of "characters" but they didn't sing abusive terrace songs to their fans even though they were less far removed from them than most players are these days.

Funny that.

"Yeahh! Look! I'm one of you!"

Really, feck off. He'll transfer his loyalties soon enough when someone waves a wad of cash under his nose image

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Interesting that one football fan can joke that those who support a different team are stupid when the whole supporting a football team is the height of stupidity in the first place. Just saying.
  • Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭

I have to admit, being a football fan is the height of idiocy. Completely irrational.

Screamapillar wrote (see)

. Football used to have plenty of "characters" but they didn't sing abusive terrace songs to their fans even though they were less far removed from them than most players are these days.

I'm sorry but this is utter rubbish.

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Is there the possibility that Wilshere could find himself transferred to Spurs?

David James. Earned over £20,000,000. Bankrupt!

🙂

• Options
    Nayan wrote (see)

I have to admit, being a football fan is the height of idiocy. Completely irrational.

. Football used to have plenty of "characters" but they didn't sing abusive terrace songs to their fans even though they were less far removed from them than most players are these days.

Any evidence for this?

• Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭
    Ric f

Stranger things have happened. I can remember white hart lane serenading one Emmanuel Adebayor with 'Adebayor, Adebayor/ your dad washes elephants, and you mum's a whore'

Then they signed him.

Terrace chants have always been a bit gamey. Long may it continue.

Wilshere does need to appreciate that an open top parade through yummy mummyville isn't the North Bank, mind. Then again the boy's from the wrong side of the tracks in provincial Hertfordshire. If he didn't have magic in his boots he'd be nicking cars and torching mosques*. It's pretty silly to hold him up as some kind of role model.

*allegedly.
  • Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

My favourite song is the one Scottish fans used to sing in the games following the one where Maradona scored two (one a handball) to cause England an early exit.

To the tune the 'Hokey Cokey'.

He put his left hand in,

He took his left hand out,

In out, In out, shook it all about,

He did the hockey cokey and turned around,

That's whats its all about,

Oh Diago Maradona,

oh Diago Maradona,

oh Diago Maradona,

He put England ,

OUT! OUT! OUT!

Good to be a Scotsman on days like that.

🙂

• Options
    asitisasitis ✭✭✭

Ricf.

It must of been hard for them, Again failing to get through the group stage after only getting a point with a goalless draw against Uruguay and then seeing there old advocates still basting in the dream.

Get the knife out lads, Lets sing. Remember what the school choir teacher used to say. They cannot hear you at the back.

• Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭
    Nayan wrote (see)

Any evidence for this?

http://www.arsenalstars.com/sammy_files/sammy.jpg

• Options
    asitisasitis ✭✭✭

Is that Elton john ?

The happy smile is giving it away.

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    nayan, I agree that football is by its nature full of wilsheres and always will be. But I'm sure that the club will have to fine him a couple of weeks wages for his antics, as a sort of public flogging for his exuberant behaviour which brought the club into dusrepute(or something similar). The arsenal fans will love him forever more.

Leicester City wish they had such a tame incident to sweep under the carpet. Football just seems to attract those who are not bright enough to be allowed out on their own. I know a few lower league footballers and they claim that keepy uppy is a sign of 'physical intelligence' or something similar. Twunts image