Options

Bradford missing family members

Poor fathers who have lost their many family members who went on a trip to Saudi. Press conference going on now. More elephants in the room than Mumbai Zoo elephant house!!!

Comments

• Options

It is a bizarre phenomenon, I can't even begin to understand it. Teenagers maybe, they are impressionable, but women with families...image

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Hopefully they'll all be found before they get across the border into Syria, if that is where they are headed. In which case bring the kids back and let the women stay and cancel their passports.

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    How old were the brides? They look a lot younger than their hubbies. Maybe they got seduced by virile young men looking for extra wives? Hopefully it'll all be a mistake and they'll turn up embarrassed but safe.
  • Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭

9 kids involved. 

• Options

All in their 30s I think.

• Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭

er yeah,

Missing children

• Ismaeel Iqbal, three
    • Mariya Iqbal, five
    • Muhammad Haseeb, five
    • Nurah Binte Zubair, five 
    • Maryam Siddiqui, seven
    • Haafiyah Binte Zubair, eight
    • Zaynab Iqbal, eight
    • Ibrahim Iqbal, 14
    • Junaid Ahmed Iqbal, 15

Missing mothers

• Khadija Dawood, 30
    • Sugra Dawood, 34
    • Zohra Dawood, 33

the mothers can piss off to ISIS for all I care. Why drag your kids into it?

• Options

What do these families do for a living? 12 flights to Saudi must cost a bob or two. And then on to Turkey. Personally I didn't quite believe the dads and their pleas to the cameras. I wasn't convinced at all. There looks to be much more to this story than is being let on.

Just a gut feeling.

• Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭

you reckon they honour killed their wives and kids and this is all a cover up? Dastardly.

Bit like this:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/apr/04/mick-philpott-jailed-derby-fire

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    The hubby I saw crying on TV looked like he was in his fifties. A young fighter will be much more than exciting than that.
  • Options

These aren't women who decided to have a bit on the side with younger blokes they met on a dating site, they are women who went halfway across the world with all their children to join a bunch of jihadis.

I think there's actually an undercurrent of sexism in suggesting that would be the only reason why women go. It may not be a reason at all. After all, nobody suggests that men go because they want young women flocking to them.

It is not Club 18-30 for Muslims. They all believe in their misguided cause.

• Options
    Who are we to deny them their beliefs ?
  • Options
    Ian MIan M ✭✭✭
    Screamapillar wrote (see)

After all, nobody suggests that men go because they want young women flocking to them.

Well apart from the 72 virgins they're promised.

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Sadly sex sells things. Suicide numbers are promised 30 virgins in the next life as part of the brain washing process. The sad fact is that almost all of human motivation comes from getting some. Make and female hormones dress it up differently in our heads but the drive is the same.

Why should Muslim women be any different? And why is the assertion sexist?
  • Options

Fanny on tap promised on an 18-30 holiday or 30 Virgins in paradise? Sex sells. Both probably a bit of a lie.

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

From what I've seen and read of this bunch, they're not exactly a triumph of integration. Let them go.

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Well lets hope for the suicide club in the afterlife that they get there in one piece image, unlike what happened to 'Z' in 'Pulp Fiction'.

Not much use to a virgin if that happens. 

🙂

• Options

This is what I like about social media. The TV news is saying how concerned and distraught and concerned everyone is and social media is saying good riddance and don't come back. 

• Options
    Ian M wrote (see)

After all, nobody suggests that men go because they want young women flocking to them.

Well apart from the 72 virgins they're promised.

In the afterlife (which doesn't actually exist).

But this is not the point I'm making which is that that what outsiders often imply is that the men go to fight and the women go because they want hot jihadi cock. 

That's why it's sexist VDOT.

• Options

But this is not the point I'm making which is that that what outsiders imply is that the men go to fight and the women go because they want hot jihadi cock. 

And you are basing that statement on what evidence ?

• Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    "Jihadi cock" - is that one that goes off unexpectedly?
  • Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    In the twisted ideology of the jihadist, all captured women are fair game. That explains the young men's desire tto go and join the fighting. Islam also makes them responsible for the woman's children which may explain why the women are happy to bring their children into it.
  • Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Dave The Iron Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

But this is not the point I'm making which is that that what outsiders imply is that the men go to fight and the women go because they want hot jihadi cock. 

And you are basing that statement on what evidence ?

This is what VDOT has said here and the media was saying the same thing about the East London girls who left a while back - i.e. their heads were turned by the prospect of being wives to jihadis which they thought was, somehow, glamorous.

The fact is nobody knows in either case because they never discussed it except among themselves. They might know full well what they are in for but don't care as long as Allah's happy.

• Options
    Millsy wrote (see)
    "Jihadi cock" - is that one that goes off unexpectedly?

Very probably image

• Options

The fact is nobody knows in either case because they never discussed it except among themselves.

So do we really care ?

Interesting discussion on Breakfast TV, They haven't broken any laws, so why all the fuss ?

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    They are not going out there for the glamorous living or fashion are they?

They are being led by heir loins, as is the usual reason for women running away from their adoring husbands.
  • Options

It might be because the sexual element is the only way most people can understand it. 

Think of it like the Crusades - those men left their families to do "Gods work" and sex was most definitely not part of their motivation. For someone who isn't a fanatical "believer" it's difficult to imagine the thought process of those that are.

• Options
    Dave The Iron Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

The fact is nobody knows in either case because they never discussed it except among themselves.

So do we really care ?

Interesting discussion on Breakfast TV, They haven't broken any laws, so why all the fuss ?

I didn't say I cared, I was just answering your question.

Although it's in our interest to care. These people want to destroy us. We should question what motivates them to it.

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Exporting wannabe terrorists is much better than importing them. I don't get the fuss either. Surely these women should be thanked for fucking off and leaving room for those who want to live here?

If they happen to get some jihadi jiggy jiggy into the bargain then everyone is happy.
  • Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Yes, but the women with kids are; and I'm only speculating here, possibly not virgins.

And if your average jihadist is only interested in virgins, the arrival of these women will logically result in the guys blowing themselves up.

🙂