Options

Bradford missing family members

Comments

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Or they can try the Islamic State sex doll: it blows itself up.

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Religion is not actually an issue here. It is merely a vehicle being used to justify the robbing, killing and raping that is being carried out. One interesting point that I heard on the news is that you never hear of anyone near the top of these groups actually being a suicide bomber. Their sons don't do it either. It is just young impressionable mugs who get roped in to do the self destructive work.

The top dogs are wearing Nike trainers, drinking beer and taking cocaine while they count their riches gym the stolen oil. A bit like the Americans did I guess.
  • Options

Do the top brass in any military regime, legit or otherwise, do the dirty work themselves? Rarely. The Nazi leadership was always well removed from the barbarity it inflicted, the only one whoever got up close and personal in any sense was Himmler.

As for Islam, it might be a convenient hat peg in some ways but none of it would be happening without it. It's integral to the thought processes these people employ.

• Options
    Screamapillar wrote (see)

Do the top brass in any military regime, legit or otherwise, do the dirty work themselves?

God only knows it's not what we would choose to do.
    Forward he cried from the rear
    and the front rank died.
    And the general sat and the lines on the map
    moved from side to side

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    It is nothing to do with Islam. There are nutters in all walks of life. Just look at the Russian/Ukrainian situation. No Muslims in charge there.

It suits the divide and rule agenda to blame Islam.
  • Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭
    I think these bints were brainwashed by Jihadi Fm playing records with higher meanings. Sort of like this abomination:

My love has got no money - he's got his strong beliefs

My love has got no power- he's got his strong beliefs

My love has got no fame - he's got his strong beliefs

My love has got no money - he's got his strong beliefs

Want more and more

People just want more and more

Freedom and love, what he's looking for

Want more and more

People just want more and more

Freedom and love, what he's looking for

Freed from desire - mind and senses purified
  • Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭

Screama you might reflect on the nazi's final solution to the 'Jewish question' before invoking nazi barbarity and then following up with an opus on the 'Muslim question.'

• Options
    Nayan wrote (see)

Screama you might reflect on the nazi's final solution to the 'Jewish question' before invoking nazi barbarity and then following up with an opus on the 'Muslim question.'

What "opus"? Some Muslims want a jihad, everyone else just wants to get on with life including other Muslims. I don't know what the "solution" is but I daresay it's for Muslims themselves to find it.

• Options
    VDOT50 wrote (see)
    It is nothing to do with Islam. There are nutters in all walks of life. Just look at the Russian/Ukrainian situation. No Muslims in charge there.

It suits the divide and rule agenda to blame Islam.

Are you applying a one size fits all solution to conflict? I There are various forms of madness of which religious fundamentalism (including Christian fundamentalism) is one. 

• Options
    Nayan wrote (see)

Beside which that wasn't the point I was addressing, as you well know. It was the one about the leaders being distanced from the led.

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Virtually all conflict comes from one sides belief that the other side has something that they should have. All other political reasoning is purely about denial and misdirection. If a big kid wants your sweets he'll take them as long as there are no major consequences. Sometimes he'll make a reason up first, other times he'll do it afterwards, but he will still take them if he believes that no one will impose a whole load of whoop ass on him.

There is your one size fits all summing up of conflict. Oh I forgot the bit about when the small kid fights back, he may be called an insurgent, if the big kid has enough money.

That covers it.
  • Options

I can think of several conflicts it doesn't apply to right off the top of my head but never mind.

• Options
    asitisasitis ✭✭✭

Has anyone considered it might be the grub. Sayadieh is a favourite Syrian cuisine and its unlikely it would get served down the local fox and hounds.  They could be possessed by some sort of paranormal activity that chooses ethnic minorities or they may just like flying.

But honestly why does sex have to come into it, don't you think there's enough of it on the tele already. image

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Obviously not that close to the tip of you fingers though screams. Not lke you to hold back if you have something. I feel special now.
  • Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭
    There's a bit of 'yeah must be sex crazed jihadist obsessives'' cut with 'ooh pakies causing trouble- beware elephants in room/rivers of blood'

While all of that is repugnant it seems ykmisx the point about shy this is a big deal. A few twists deluded enough to smuggle themselves to Syria is one thing. However a lot of disenfranchised taunts who get radicalised into violent acts over here is a serious worry. THAT is why people should by s bit more worried than they seem to be here.

Ps- the elephants were ordered returned to national parks in India in 2012 since the zoos are decrepit

Pps- the families featured are Pakistani, and Mumbai is in India.
  • Options
    VDOT50 wrote (see)
    Obviously not that close to the tip of you fingers though screams. Not lke you to hold back if you have something. I feel special now.

OK then. most religious conflict is to do with the maintenance of power, the suppression of free thought and the idea that a certain interpretation of texts or other rules is correct and therefore cannot be questioned or changed. There's also the simple question of my religion is the "right" one and yours is "wrong".

Sunnis/Shias, Catholics/Protestants, Christians/Jews: burnings, massacres, expulsions, holy wars. Take your pick.

Sometimes there is more to it than just that, but not always. 

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Religion is about clan mentality. Perceived differences are just created to justify attacking and dispossessing the other groups. The church of England was only created because the Catholic Church had all of the riches and power and hormy Henry wanted to be his own boss, so he creates his own branch of religion, robs their riches and murders those Catholics who will not convert to his church of divorce.

Isis is doing practically the same thing now. Find those with power/oil and a Slightly different ethos, rob them, Convert or murder those who oppose you and claim it is about religion.

Power is the only God. People put different spins on it, but it is just about clan/gang mentality. IMHO obviously.

In peace time, religion was used to manage the masses and to prevent chaos. Politics and the common la are just modern versions of that. Again- imho.
  • Options

Shahid Mailk (former Dewsbury MP) had some interesting and refreshingly frank views on the wider issues affecting the Muslim communities in this country on This Week last night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05zqhnd/this-week-18062015

• Options

Yes nteresting. Thanks for the link Treble B. The panel on QT put me to sleep before this came on last night.

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Interesting that Dave now blames all Muslims for Isis... That is obviously exactly how to radicalise moderate people.! Good job PM!
  • Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭
    I don't think Dave does blame all Muslims. I don't think its wrong to say many folks have a part to play in stopping people getting radicalised.

Also you can't bury your head in the sand and chuckle about how 'we should let them all go.' At some point they won't go anywhere and will start blowing shit up here.

Frankly if the government admit they can only do so much and really do need help in winning back hearts and minds that's a good thing.
  • Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    It never comes across like that to me. As soon as there is a jihadist atrocity the media and govt force innocent Muslims onto our screens to apologise for the acts of non connected others. I'm guessing random white folk will not be pulled onto American screens to apologise for their 'kind' after the terrorist attack in South Carolina.
  • Options
    asitisasitis ✭✭✭

I think Dave has got it wrong. Most people have never met a Muslim, They just get there knowledge from publicity and draw conclusions. His stupid comments  just strengthen the divide that already exists. For a start Muslims have been choosing to up sticks for years because they want to bring up there children in a pure Muslim society that's untamed with western influences. We never heard anything about it before Isis came along. So now every time it does happen its the same old rigmarole and people and organisations get patronised and lectured about responsibilities. We like Muslims but you must not do this and that. omg  Just what do they think.  Just what do they think every time they hear about all the knifings, The drunken violence, The rapes and burglaries. You name it. In comparison the Muslims offences are very rare so unless the pm stands up and says something about the moral duty we must face, he has no right to question there's.

The divide just keeps getting wider.

• Options
    TheDanTheDan ✭✭✭

Asitis, that's one hell of a lot of assumptions for a single paragraph, from the Muslims i know they have no interest in living separately from everyone else, they just want their beliefs to be respected. There are always those who want to take things too far on both sides, its inevitable that people disagree but the more hardline either side go the more inevitable violence is

There's got to be a middle ground, no one is ever going to be entirely happy with any outcome

• Options
    asitisasitis ✭✭✭

Yes Dan I got carried away. .

I agree with what you are saying ( apart from interest in living ) but its just a statement that everyone can agree on.

It is a fact that most Muslims feel stigmatised. That is something that is mostly created by the views they are subjected to. Such as the Pm.

Results from all polls I have heard say the same thing.

It is not doing us any favours.

• Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭
    Vvdot

Atrocities like the nutter in charleston are clearly isolated lone wolf type things. They are not a campaign like the one centred in Syria and dont seem to feature a internet grooming of vulnerable/impressionable people. If some white power lot were trying to secede from the USA then maybe you should be reminding the general white population which waY their breads buttered yes.

Dave is telling some folks that it's ok to be pissed off with life in the UK but it's not ok to support isil or create an environment around you that helps them recruit. Sure, some are going to take that as stigmatising all Muslims. I think that's dead wrong and missing the point.

As an aside I'm a bit wary about talking of 'Muslims' like there is one unanimous opinion of body of people. From what I see that's anpit as daft as lumping all Christians or all black people as one group and thinking they all think the same way and want the same things. Seems pretty far fetched to me.
  • Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

My neighbour is now fasting as part of Ramadan. She tells me she won't eat or drink for 19 hours at a stretch due to sunrise and sunset.

She is not well. Anyway. Fasting won't help.

The ambulance is called frequently, anyway. It will be called anytime soon. Guaranteed.

That's the hold her religion has over her. 

I suggested that if she was living in a country in the Arctic circle where the sun never sets in mid summer, she'd have a real problem.

She said she would find a way.

🙂

• Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭
    I'm sure that's not the only example if questionable decision making in the name of religion.

Moving on I find the case of (white, ethnic english) Thomas Evans the Islamist convert quite timely. When it's just dewsbury, East lobdon or Bradistan pakies buggering off to theiddle East there is an unashamed outpouring of glee from ukip votes and daily Heil readers, and head firmly buried in the sand.

Then you get good honest white folk turning into Islamists and people might start taking the problem a bit more seriously and maybe even engaging their brains.
  • Options

The problem is that some people see it, (conveniently probably), as a race issue. it's a religious issue.

Islam provides fertile ground for extremist thinking in a way most other religions don't. 

There's no way out of Islam - if you are born a Muslim you are always a Muslim, apostasy just isn't permitted, Deny Islam and you can say goodbye to your family, it's that simple.

When that's the bottom line it isn't hard to see how other forms of thinking that are less than liberal can be applied.

But we need to remember that it hasn't always been like this. The parents of these people presumably came here for a better life. if their children see the country they were born in as alien and enemy, surely these are the people, if any, who are best placed to provide some sort of answer as to why.