Options

Friday 6th February

Comments

• Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Venom: No worries, mate. Prior to your calf injuries were you doing any specific strength & stretch exercises on them?

I wasn't but I am now. So far so good, touch wood.
  • Options
    Hi all

what: just returned from my longest distance yet for a LSD of.... 15 miles!!
    Whoo-hoo:)

why: schedule says so with first and last mile slow and 13 middle miles at 9.20min/mile pace.

Well I'm well pleased with that after being ill all last weekend and still have remains of cold and dodgy throat.

If you are able, run strong and anyone whose injured keep well rested;)
    tiaxx
  • Options
    Well done Tia - just brilliant!
  • Options
    afternoon all

nice to see you back on here MartinH

will keep this brief again as an in work, where our biggest & most important database has crashed and I'll be at the epicentre of the recovery operation - could get in the way of planned session this evening the way things are going :-(

fwiw, the plan for today is:
    what: 9.3K steady
    why: continuing to build again on comeback
    last hard day: Tue
    last rest day: last Fri

but this will depend on what time I get home first....
  • Options
    Hi all,

What: 10 km (6 miles) easy - done.
    Why: Easy run to test inflamed plantar fascia.
    Last rest: Yesterday
    Last hard: Sunday

Foot doesn't seem any worse after the run and didn't get any better during my rest so I'm back to full training now.

Speedy recovery to all the others on the injured list.
  • Options
    afternoon

I am having a really crap day at w*rk today. Roll on 5.30.

Managed 7 miles with hangover last night and felt so much better. Not doing much today as huge run planned along thames path tomorrow - so if anyone is running round docklands/surry quays do say hello!

what: pilates and evening in front of tv with cheesy past
    why: additional rest day
    last hard: tuesday
    last rest: wednesday.

Have a good weekends running and good luck to everyone that is racing this weekend.
  • Options
    Hi all,

what: done 5m easy, probably same again later if quad doesn't react.
    Why: recovering from recent niggles.
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: 4 days

Felt ok this morning, though still a little stiff. Decided to write off yesterday's tempo run and just carry on with my training as planned, which means hill reps tomorrow if I'm fit enough.

Have a good one.
  • Options
    Hi everyone

What: rest
    Why: taper for Sunday

Last hard: Wednesday
    Last rest: last Friday

(I may do 3-4 miles slow however as I'm getting jumpy...)
  • Options
    I did not recognise you before, Martin H. Welcome back!
  • Options
    Hi all!

Was going to run today but I woke up with a stinker of a cold yesterday, still feeling grotty today so dragged myself to the gym instead and did an easy-ish workout. A bit of cross-trainer and some weights and abs will do for today!

Last hard - 4m fast on Tuesday evening
    Last rest - yesterday

Big night out tomorrow night (my 'leaving do' before heading off to India in a couple of weeks) so probably no running till Monday!

Good luck to all the racers this weekend! I will be thinking of you while recovering from the expected hangover....
  • Options
    Afternoon all,

What: 2.5K swim (500m warm-up with fistgloves, 2K in 38 mins)

Why: Injured and Swimathon training

Last hard: 3 days
    Last rest: Xmas day

Weekly totals:
    Swim - 9.5K
    Row - 20k
    Run - 2m

Have a good day all.
  • Options
    Afternoon, good to see there seem to be slightly fewer sick and lame than yesterday.

What: 5 miles easy, followed by dynamic stretching drills

Why: race tomorrow (surrey league at farthing Down, Coulsdon) and I've had a heavy week so far so only wanted one easy run.

Last hard: Yesterday's hills were pretty tough

Last rest: 22 days
  • Options
    Afternoon all,

What: 10km this am at very slow pace with right leg still not feeling right. Then 30 minutes cycling and rowing in gym at lunchtime with soem stretches, press ups and sit ups to finish up. Think if this has not cleared up with only easy running by Sunday, there will be no other option than to rest completely for at leats four days next week. tried 3 days this week but really does not seem to have done the job.

Last rest: Tuesday

Last hard: Last Wednesday

Simon
  • Options
    MikeB - good luck at Farthing Down (my favourite Surrey League course). If you run strongly off the last climb, you can really fly downhill in the last mile.

Getting all nostalgic now....must find a 2nd claim club so I can join in a few next year.
  • Options
    Well, you're local - and if you wanted to link up with Nick again a form could be arranged...........

The deadline is end of august I believe
  • Options
    Afternoon,

What: an official rest day!

Why: Wedensday's was unplanned & I'm racing 10K over my PB course on Sunday!
    I'd like to think one day I'll go quicker but it's not going to be this time.

Last hard: Tue

I've raced at Coulsdon in the South of Thames xc [junior clubs] many years ago. A great place to run.
    I think the Pire 10 starts there too.

Simon, I wish you well.
  • Options
    what: nowt running, may go to gym once home.

why: Xc race tomorrow.

Will catch up on thread later

Andy
  • Options
    ChaosChaos ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Had a nice easy 30 minutes again this afternoon down to the river and back again. Brilliant way of waking up during post-lunch "zombie zone" at work.

Have a good weekend, all!

Mark
  • Options
    Happy Friday everyone!

What: Gym session, inc. 25 mins interval work on tready
    Why: Cos I realise speedwork is the only way I'm gonna get faster
    Last hard: Yesterday
    Last rest: Wednesday

Good luck w/ races at the wk/end everyone!!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

best wishes to the sick and injured for a quick recovery!

Good luck all weekend races, hope those legs carry you strongly to new pbs!

I know why I was feeling so unmotivated yesterday as this morning I too woke with a head cold. I don't feel ill, just a bit bunged up. Went for a nice 10 miles after work and surprisingly found it very comfortable. Nice to stretch my legs and good for clearing the airways!
  • Options
    skipped gym - for the best as am very tired since getting home.

Will catch up on thread later still...

:o)
  • Options
    Was allowed home....temporarily....

so 5.8 miles (9.3K) in the rain in an unimpressive 38:43

suppose I should feel grateful I was able to get this in at all

Will have to go back into work to try to do a database point-in-time recovery - very soon. Hope it doesn't get in the way of going to Matt's school X-C league race tomorrow.....we shall see...
  • Options
    Only 4¾ miles done
    Lost 4 minutes at level crossing
    Thought it be a maximum minute wait.
    But NO oh no
    Gave up in end turned back ran another loop and came back again.
    I normally do turn round if lights are red save hanging about

anyhow was a pleasant run an easy run ready for the weekend.
  • Options
    That's good to hear that you were out Hilly.
    Kezza- will you still be able to train and post from India?

Well I did my hill reps (6x2minutes) legs felt like wood, it would have been a much more enjoyable experience if one of you had made it over to Bretton to do them with me, well I did ask. Only Welsh Poppy showed willing.
  • Options
    Hello everyone!

What: A psychologically difficult 9.5-mile run.
    Why: The run was planned, but I suspect I've just done more miles than I'm ready for this week and my brain went on strike. I went out again an hour or so later with Kevin the Teenager, and we did two miles together - that was absolutely fine.
    Last rest: Yesterday.
    Last hard: Sunday. And today.
    Mileage this week: 39.5.
  • Options
    BodBod ✭✭✭
    Ran around local reservoir this PM, one I've done many times before, its signed as 7.2m but I'm sure its less, someone with an SDM told me 6.7m -> did it in 54:08 at LT-15, that's nearly 2 mins quicker than last time at same HR exactly 2 weeks ago. Dead chuffed!

Good weekend, last rest 41 days, 2 more running days then some rest next week!
  • Options
    Good running folks.

Had a couple of easyish days - couple of 45 min runs each day.

Going up to track tomorrow for 10 miles @ 160-165 with wu/wd.

February is head down time.
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Nice to see you back in training MartinH.

Monique..I normally have Thursday off but sods law I had to work today. Otherwise I might have joined you!

5 miles easy, winding down for club XC race on Sunday.
  • Options
    3 miles on the tready

wok horrible, nearly didnt happen
    I suppose im suppose to be taperin--------
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Sorry Monique, I have obviously forgotten what day it is!

Still I have two days off next week to compensate, a long run seems inevitable.