Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options

Moning all.

(((Noggles))) How sad image

Sounds like a lovely holibobs, Pipps.

Don't push your new nwighbour too much Meldy, you don't want another undertwunt!

Hi and welcome Nikki, that's a great time for a first 5K!

~~~~~Amandax~~~~~ hope you sail through the review.

Bon Voyage Sluggie, hope you and MS have a lovely, relaxing time.

• Options
    Golly, 12 hours away and we're three episodes further!

(((((((((((((Nogs, HL and MIL))))))))))))
    That's a hard one, Nogs. But don't jump too quickly to medical conclusions, they may be able to do something to keep her comfortable and reasonably well for a good while. Big hug to HL especially.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~AMANDAX~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This sort of exercise is horribly demoralising. Hope it's over soon and the outcome is all right for you.

Welcome back, Pipps! We've missed you! Sounds like you had a very busy but enjoyable time image))

JFF, it was brill to see you going home yesterday at a NORMAL time! That's how it's supposed to be most days so keep it up image))

Melds, as Daffs said: with a new fitness guru in the house, we wait with interest to see what SHE will make YOU sign up for. Ballet, perhaps??

Nikki, well done with the 5 k! But as Daffs says, don't try to go out and do it again today. You've done your long run for this week now, so you need a rest day and then some lighter runs. Work At It Slowly!

Daffs, how typical: there's a team 'no work' awayday and who did all the work to organise it...??? Hope it turns out to have been fun, anyway.

Awww, Sluggie, what a shame about missing both OSN and Westie! I'm sure they will regret missing you too---WAISter reps don't get that far north often. But I'm sure the rest of the cruise will help solace your disappointment image)

((((((((((((((Yummy))))))))))))))
    xxxxx

Had dinner with friends last night in St. Vincent de Cosse, little village at the bottom of hill where the land just starts to rise out of the Dordogne river meadows. You approach it by a little hidden stair that goes up the hill, and wouldn't know it's there, but when you get to the top of the stair the house was gorgeous! Late 17th century, and NOT an old farmhouse like most places here. It's rumoured to have been a summer place of the former Bishop of Sarlat, and I could believe it: the sitting room was more like a small baronial hall, with an immense mediaeval fireplace; yet it had a lovely enclosed garden, almost like an English-style garden. Just magic. And our friends are lovely people, the boys enjoyed it as much as we did.

Off to other friends for lunch today. Right little socialites, aren't we?!?
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    That house sounds gawjus, Chuggy, how lovely that it is tucked away in secret like that!
  • Options
    FootpatherFootpather ✭✭✭
    Morning hugs and vibes for Noggy MIL.

Welcome Nikki and sounds like you are doing well. Keep popping in and updating us with your exploits whether they are running related or not.

Have a fab time Sluggie. I hope the weather improves from what it is like here at the moment. (Dull and gloomy)

Chuggs, if we bring a tent can we camp in your garden please? You make everything sound so wonderful.

Have I missed the bus for Daffy's outing? Darn it! Hope everyone appreciates all your hard work.

~~~~~~~~~~~Amandax~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I hate these exercises as the whole unit becomes either demoralised or dog eat dog.

Strange morning yesterday. OH's van broke down so I went to tow him to a garage. Just round the corner from the garage (on a small fairly quiet road) the tow rope snapped. He was on the ball and braked. Another car came round the corner, blarted his horn at OH. I ran round to the garage to get another rope and in the two minutes I was away the two Asian guys in the car behind beat up OH (not too badly thankfully). A large mixed group of Asians were stood outside the Pakistani Consulate and just stood and watched. Two Asian guys from two different businesses came out and gave him part of the reg no and said they would be witnesses for him.

OH went to the central police station and it was taken so 'seriously' that they asked him to come back tonight so that someone can take a statement from him!
  • Options

mornign all

Noggin sorry to hear about MIL -hugs to HL

~~~~~~~~~~~~Amandax~~~~~~~~~~

have a lovely day Daffs - sounds better than working

well done Nikki!

happy hols Sluggie - hope you have a lovely relaxing time

crikey, I had a terrible night's sleep again - boo! seem to spend some time awake every night - I'm using the opportunity to listen to old episodes of Desert Island Discs image

• Options

oh FP that's awful - hope he's not too badly hurt image

• Options
    FootpatherFootpather ✭✭✭
    No JFF, just bruises on his forehead and his arm. He had headache last night. He was more shocked than anything.
  • Options

How unpleasant FP.        Perhaps OH should have parked on double yellow lines or had a Golli in the van window,  He would have had the undivided attention of the police.

Amandax, good luck.  When I was in the police they generally only started the consultation process after they'd decided what they were doing anyway.

Thanks for the thoughts for HL and her Mum.  We have no idea where it goes from here and are keeping our minds open until the medics come up with a plan of some sort.

I've bunked off work today just to give HL moral support - she's absolutely fine but a nice day together is always a good thing.  She's gone to the hairdresser, then we're off to the big city - Banbury - to shop and do a Sluggy.

She has gym and ballet later so I'll sneak out for a bike ride.

• Options

Morning

tried to post since 9am but people keep asking me to do stuff!  bloody work

Iv'e swam - 70 lengths in 45mins

I'll read back later

happy half week  image

• Options

Morningimage

((((((((The Noggsies)))))))))))  Fingers crossed there is something medical that can be done to help your MIL.

FP - How dreadfull. Hope your OH soon feels better.

Well swimbled Snaily and well spun Sue.

Welcome back Pippi. 

I had a nice day yesterday, but seem to have used up too much energy and am paying the price today. 

Hope you and MS have a great time Sluggy .image

~~~~~~~~Amanda~~~~~~~~

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

FP, that is terrible! I'm glad that OH is physically OK, but that kind of thing can really shake you up.

Noggy, one blessing that comes with old age is that cancer tends to move more slowly (because cell turnover is slower anyway). that might well be in MILs favour.

Weather miserable here too, unlike yesterday. It looks as if our 'sailaway' will be a gloomy affair. However, we are meeting up with a lot of USAnians that I have chatted to on-line, so that should give us something to laugh at image.

• Options

Americans on a cruise?  Nightmare.  Have a good time Slugs.

It's a bit gloomy here too - al least it's dry.

I've just been researching tickets to NZ - ever the optomist. 

• Options

Morning All

Crumbs FP - that sounds horribly scary for both of you. Glad Mr FP has got off relatively lightly - though I don't doubt it was a horrible experience....

((((((((Noggy family)))))))))))

Buon viaggio Sluggy - hope you and MS have a lovely time - gives us a wave when you turn the corner into the channel on the way home - tell the Captain he has to hang a right just after the house with the dog nose marks all over the glass front door imageimage

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

FP, how dreadful for you & your OH hope they get them image

Bon voyage Sluggie, hope you have a fabulous time image

• Options

OMG FP how horrible.  Glad OH is ok though, lets hope the police take it more seriously when he goes back.

~~~~~~~Amandax~~~~~~~~~~~   Most trusts are in the same position, re-organising from the top down to save money.  Good luck

Larry - have a chill day, that'll sort you out. 

Daffs - what a brilliant day planned, and you call that *work*!!!  I'm in the wrong bloody job!

Noggs, your a star, a nice day together is just the ticket. 

Sluggy - have a superfab holiday, try to bring a bit of sunshine back with you!

I had a bit of a ding-dong with Snaunty last night.  She has cancelled her appointment with the oncologist today because she "didnt want to go".  Jeez I went mad.  A little too mad actually.  the situation is just crap, Mr Snaunty is the "voice of doom" and I'm totally the opp so I have real difficulty handling these situations.  I can totally understand her fear, jeez I would the same, but she's putting of an appointment that she has to attend anyway next week.

<<sighs>>

I cant solve this situation, but its mighty frustrating. 

Plus she was taken back on the ward today because her kidney pipe was blocked, easily sorted but Mr Snaunty totally over reacted.

I'm not stressing over it any more though so thats good.

right back to it!

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Oh dear Snaily image what a stressful situation.

The boy has been swimming with school today, they last went in yr3. They were told to get into the groups they were in then, of course he couldn't remember so just went in the 'middle' group. They had to swim a length in pairs, the boy whizzed off, the teacher said to him, " Blimey, get in the top group mate"  image

• Options

Thanks again for all the kind thoughts.

Snails, glad you can deal with Snaunty without it firing you up too much.  They don't seem to help themselves too much.

HL's oldies are coming to us this weekend anyway, so we can get more info then.

HL and I had a fruitful shop today.  She got herself a lovely outfit for her party.  She came out of the dressing room and two customers and the assistant said 'Wow, you look stunning'.  And she did.  She tried on 3 other oufits but bought the first one ( dress, bolero  top and some hot shoes)

I've just tried on the dress trousers and tuxedo I got married in 18 years ago.  They still fit (although the trousers are rather more snug around the waist than I remember!)

I bought some nice, shiny new shoes, just need a new shirt and I'm sorted.  I do have two dress shirts but they both have high collars which I don't want to wear.  Just a nice, plain white shirt will do.

Hurrah for shops.

• Options
    Morning/afternoon & evening all

Hugs & shrugs all round

Back in a amo
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭

That's a very long mo

Blimey, Noggs, going in shops is hardcore. I can only shop via the power of the interwebnet.

• Options
    Gosh .. it was a bit wasnt it !!

I am planning a bike route for Friday, it is of course going to p1ss down all day
  • Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Don't wait til Saturday then Meldy - get it raining while we're at work! image

(((((FP and OH))))))))))))

(((((snaily)))))))))) pah to uncooperative relatives image

Glad HL lives up to her reputation Noggs! image

<waves bye to Sluggy> wave to us on the way past - we'll be the ones right in the middle that you can't see! image

Lovely day today image photo competition this morning - great fun and a Most Excellent Idea Indeed - most groups ended up bonding in coffee shops (Although one group did get thrown *out* of a coffee shop for taking photos without permission!). Quiz was a nice hit - good mix of questions. And the highlight of the scavenger hunt???

after about 30 mins of ambling round York looking for a fir cone, and another 30 mins sitting in a park eating ice cream while pondering where there might *be* a fir cone, or how we could improvise (a picture of a fir cone from a leaflet?? Making a fir cone from leaves?? Drawing a fir cone??) we hit on a marvellous idea.

Yep - our group won the scavenger hunt hands down - with a dead mouse in an ice cream cone....

Tired now image
  • Options
    Daffs .. you never cease to bewilder me   image

oh yes, I saw a Kingfisher today, when I say saw they do move pretty quick so a flash of the vivid old blue was all I saw !!
  • Options
    Daffs, I'm known for my 'free association' and lateral thought, but I'd love to spend a day in your world.
  • Options

I managed a cheeky 28 Earth mile bike ride.

A straightforward circuit with just the one hill.  I stormed it.

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    You can have the whole of next week if you like Noggs - I appear to have booked in 4 days in York and a day in Newcastle - eek!!

(hopefully no more mice involved) image

Is it wrong to feel bad about not giving it a more respectful burial?!
  • Options
    Can you bunk off work on Friday Noggs?
  • Options
    I'm the maestro at bunking off work Melds.  Do you have a plan?
  • Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Nogs and Meldy sitting in a tree.......
  • Options

One latest generation  Kindle plus leather cover ordered for HL  I also sneaked in an order for a bike training book for me - bike training for the over 50's (or somesuch)

In my day the guru was a guy called Les Woodward.  There are many ways of achieving your cycling goals, basically if you want to race fast, you gotta train fast.  There are good ways and bad ways of doing that.

My problem area is that I've never been 60 before and all the training programmes I read are aimed at the young and fit.

I'm deffo doing something right though as my improvements are noticeable.

I'm loving my bike at the moment.

• Options

send some of that love my way noggs - my bike is gathering dust  image

what happened to the evening?  Spent the night on the phone to Snaunty, I feel quite harsh about my earlier posts, in fact I'm really worried, she's losing weight, has a funny colour about her, and her hair is falling out.  what the frig is going on?  She had more tests today but I think its more serious than we think.  We have to wait for the results.  I'm going to see her on Saturday and taking her to the park.

Then I did the iorning

And now its bedtime