Lunch...

I've got a big fat juicy kipper sizzling in a pan. Having it with some horseradish sauce and a nice bread roll. OH won't be overly pleased when she gets home to the smell in the house!

Comments

• sausage (Cumberland & black pudding) in an oven bottom muffin

• Dave wins - that sounds beaut. 

• That sounds very tasty Dave. Just going to remove the head and spine from my fish.

• Scrambled eggs on toast.  (Eggs from our own hens, so fresh, and bread is homemade, wheat comes from a localish mill).

• Blimey Booktrunk, very Good Life. All my lunch was sourced locally too (Tesco)!

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

I had a chip buttie image

• Peter: No just my oh doesn't work so if he's being a lazy arse he has the time to make bread, and look after 5 hensimage

• Hi Cinders, hope you're wellimage Chip buttie for lunch? Nice! Red or brown sauce though?

Booktrunk - still very impressive. Is his name Tomimage

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

It was red sauce Peter image  

• Haven't actually got round to breakfast yet - image.

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Haven't had a kipper in a long time.  I was spoiled as my ex-hubby's uncle used to run a smokehouse on the shores of Loch Fyne - I've never managed to find any kippers that tasted as good as his.

Never had them with horseradish - always just as they came, grilled, with humks of crusty bread and a mug of tea.

• Horseradish really suits oily fish, just as crusty bread and tea!

On a late shift today so lunch already made, a tuna salad with dried oregano and plenty of olive oil. Very tasty.

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Mmmm.  Sounds good.  I have a hastily made ham roll - very uninspiring but I had about 30 seconds to make it, after both of my daughters decided they wanted plaits in their hair at the last minute.........

• German Rye Bread and a bit of Cheese. Hula Hoops and an Apple. Trying to cut down on wheat and the afternoon slump...

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Sausage roll here.  Must make an effort to find something more healthy image

• skottyskotty ✭✭✭
    Cinders wrote (see)

Sausage roll here.  Must make an effort to find something more healthy image

have it with a lettuce leaf.

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Ah that's where I'm going wrong! Thanks Skotty image

• somehow missed lunch..

But going out to a steak bar tonight, where the speciality is the 35oz Tommahawk steak...

..think that will do nicely with a few chips ( and a lettuce leaf ) 

• Go on then- what bit of a cow (or bull) is the Tommahawk?  

• Haven't a clue, will let you know later 

• According to google it's a "bone in ribeye" 

• I had healthy pesto pasta with red onion and peppers for lunch and not so healthy pizza and chicken wings for dinner.

My excuse is that I have to have minor surgery and have been weighed for the anaesthetic - have to keep topped up image

• And when your local celebrity TV chef is at the next table you know the scoff is going to be good 

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Is pesto healthy?

Which celeb TV chef Dave?

• pesto is only basil, pine nuts and Parmesan..... Pretty healthy 

Pete Sidwell, lives here so suppose he has to eat somewhere 

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

I was thinking of the oil content.  Guess ok in small portions.

Not heard of Pete Sidwell. Is he a tv chef?

• I'm having a mug of tea right now after scoffing *treats from my shopping. Always like this on shopping day.

Healthy treats like nuts and dates.

• My executive chef prepared me scrambled eggs and beans on toast with tea and followed up by some ready salted crisps. Tonight it'll be toad in the hole. With a nice snooze between. Excellent!

• Tin of fish in olive oil, slice of xmas cake, apple and a cup of mint tea.