Options

Friday 20 February

Goodmorning, can't beleive I am the first.

What: 45 min tempo probably on the treadmill

Last Hard: Wednesday, only 12k steady, what made it hard was running uphill on ice and snow. Way too cold as well, it took me 2 hours to get any sensation back in my fingers. Ok I'll stop moaning now.

Last rest: yesterday, was planning for a recovery run but once again couldn't make it.

Happy running everyone.

Comments

• Options
    Morning,

What: 5M easy am, done. rest pm.

Why: Greenwich Park social & National's tomorrow. This means it will be Sunday before I post again.
    Train/race well over the weekend everybody.

Last hard: Tue

Last rest: 14 days
  • Options
    Morning

What; warm up then sprints then cold down back in house 30 minutes

Why ;Welsh championships tomorrow and need to be at my best(hopefully)

Last hard Wednesday

Last rest yesterday

Good luck Tim and everyone racing over weekend will look forward to race reports

Have a good day out there it is cold but still in shorts;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Morning,

Drink well tonight Tim, really push the boat out:-)

What: 5.5 easy am, pm bike ride round Hull

Why: National XC tomorrow

Last hard: Sun

Last rest: Weds
  • Options
    Morning All,

What: nowt.
    Why: Friday = rest day and I'm feeling grateful for getting through the week in one piece and don't want to push my luck. Guess Stamford last weekend took a little while to clear from my legs and have been quite tired for a few days.
    Last hard run: Last nights intervals.
    Last rest day: Friday

Best of luck to everyone doing the Nationals tomorrow.
  • Options
    Morning !

Not sure if this counts as today or yesterday .... 8.5 miles on the treadmill in Singapore airport last night whilst in transit home from Jakarta. Got to get the miles in somehow ! Looking forward to a pleasant outing in England's green and cool countryside later

• Options
    Damn.. missed the top 5 again :( ha...

What: Not a thing.... pub and 1 pint for me :)
    Why: Rest day ready for long weekend runs
    Last hard run: Last night 10x3 mins sprints
    Last rest day: Last Friday

Have a top weekend. Good luck to the racers, will be me at Eastbourne next Sunday.

ttfn
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    oooo chilly this morning #earth stood hard as iron# an' stuff.

What: 20 mins cross country, up hill, down dale, across solid, rutted, large-flinted fields that would test many an ankle.
    To be followed by 35 mins 'fartlek' this evening.

Why: the 20 mins was on the plan (for yesterday, but I'm a day behind)

last hard: it's all hard!
    last rest: Wednesday coz got home too late to run

Still amused by how far you lot would run in 30 mins and how 'not far' I do.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning and yes what a chilly day. Looking out the window I'm thinking do I stick with my shorts or go for long 'uns-shorts it'll be with sleeves and gloves and cap!

BR-bike? Is this a new turn in your training-triathlon maybe?

what:5 miles easy
    why:that's all my legs want to do
    last hard:yesterday
    last rest:Wed
  • Options
    Morning,

looks like a beautiful day out there. Amazingly for me, I haven't yet stepped outside. Slept for nine hours, don't know when I last slept for that long!

What: enforced rest.

Why: hip pain improving but still some tightness. More worrying is the bruising and slight swelling that has appeared around the area. Very strange.

Last hard: Wed.
    Last rest: yesterday

WP, Hilly - wish I was out there in my shorts!

Good luck to all the racers, look forward to hearing the reports.
  • Options
    Morning,
    another sunny but cold one.
    Circuit training went well last night, seems like legs have nearly recovered from Sunday, just a sligth niggle in my left calf/achilles.

What: probably nothing.
    Why: Don't want to get an injury.

Good luck to all racers this weekend, especially those doing the National XC, you must be getting excited now.
  • Options
    Hi all

What: er, not sure.

Why: finally bitten the bullet and we're going on an Trailplus marathon training camp this weekend so it depends whether there is a run when we get there, or nothing until tomorrow.

Last hard: sunday

Last rest: weds

Really feeling rather terrified about this weekend. Despite the reassurances when I booked it I'm still certain that I'm going to be the slowest and least fit of all the participants. Has anyone out there been on one? What was it like?
  • Options
    Morning

What: rest day
    Why: Travelling home
    Last hard: Last nights hill reps ouch
    last easy: Wednesday

Good running and racing over the weekend all
  • Options
    Morning all,

What: am 5m easy (done), pm 5m steady
    Why: recovery day, and gives me 80m week for the first time
    Last hard: last night
    Last rest: 7 days

Have a good one.
  • Options
    Mr.C, impressed you bothered with treadmill whilst in transit!
    Hilly, if you went out in shorts you are a braver person than me! I wore shorts yesterday and have since locked them away, not to be taken out again until temps reach over 5degrees!

Freezing this morning -1, but very pleasant.

What: 3miles easy
    Why: hard run yesterday and long run tommorrow

Have a fun weekened everyone and good racing
  • Options
    Morning all!

Feeling 500% better today, but despite the weather being lovely yesterday, didn't go for a run, as dosing myself up with paracetamol just so that I could drag myself round town for an hour would have been a prime case of 'junk mileage'. So inadvertent rest day means that I'll have to rethink my schedule for the next three days.

What: Er, 9 miles at marathon pace, if I get my work done. If not, it'll be a tempo run.
    Why: Marathon training
    Last hard; Wednesday
    Last rest: food allergy induced, yesterday

Have a good day, everyone.

Coco Cat - you'll be fine. Even if you are the slowest, it won't matter, as you'll get so much out of the weekend anyway. And runners are such a supportive bunch, so I'm sure pace won't be an issue.
  • Options
    Morning all.......

Icy cold and windy here too.

What: Boscombe 5K tonight
    Why: seemed like a good idea!
    Last hard: Tues
    Last rest: 4 days

The race tonight is out and back along the prom at Boscombe so I have a feeling one leg is going to be CONSIDERABLY faster than the other if the wind carries on this way! Ah well.....at least if I dont get a 5K PB I should get a 2.5K one :o)

• Options
    Morning all.

Nothing today. Some intervals yesterday and my longest marathon LSD tomorrow, so a day of is probably a good plan.

Enjoy yourselves.
  • Options
    Hilly, I can't swim to save my life...

actually that is about all I can swim to do.

Triathlon training? How would I fit in 2 runs, 2 bike rides and 2 swims per day?:-)

Too much fancy gear orientated for me.
  • Options
    Annemieke - Kayleigh by Marillion?
  • Options
    Morning.

What: 7 miles on treadmill

1st mile easy 7:47
    5 miles hard 31:03
    7th mile easy 7:56

Really struggled with the last 700m today, little diassapointed but I know im not 100% at the moment, just feeling a little tired.

Hope to go out later for a easy 8 miles if I can face this cold wind!

Why: Wanted a hardish session

Last Hard: Today

Last Rest: Thursday

Enjoy and good luck for the weekend all.

BT I may try and come to social as I have tonight off ( very rare ) not sure yet though!
  • Options
    Morning all,

What: 10 miles done, another 10 later
    Why: aerobic base building (& a day off work) :o)
    Last hard: 30th Nov
    Last rest: 19 days

I'm with you regarding triathlons BR. I once contemplated doing a duathlon on a bike with a shopping basket on the front. ;o) Unsurprisingly, I didn't mention this to Pantman yesterday during our 2 hour conversation at a quaint little restaurant. Good to meet you Pants.

Enjoy the 5K tonight NE & Angelis? and good luck to everyone at the National tomorrow.
  • Options
    morning

what: gentle 3 miler and maybe light weights to stretch arms/back/shoulders.
    why: resting for hard weekends running

day off work today, so made the most of it by dozing in bed 'til 11am... mmmmm.

:o)
  • Options
    Hello everyone.

What- rest day
    Why- psyching myself up for a night on the town with the running club and besides I have a seriously long run to do on Sunday after the x country so my mileage will rocket in any case.

Hope everyone is well, good luck with the Nationals, wish I was doing it, well will make sure we get sorted withit for next year.
  • Options
    Hi,

What: 10 km (6 miles) including 8 X 4 min hard, 2 min easy (done)
    Why: Poor man's 800m reps
    Last hard: Wednesday
    Last rest: Monday

Have great weekends all!
  • Options
    Afternoon all,

Well, my marathon pace run last night was interesting. I did my 9 miles at an average of 6:53 pace - spot on for sub 3. What isn't so good is that this overall accuracy was more due to luck than judgement, splits ranged from 6:13 for one mile (!) to 7:08 for three (strange how consistently I can hit that pace). So clearly I need to get a fair amount of practice at MP yet to be getting those splits a lot more consistent.

Today: 17 miles LSD
    Why: away for the weekend, so taking the afternoon off work to get the long run in
    Last hard: Tuesday's hills
    Last rest: Saturday

It's mighty cold and windy - I really don't want to put on my tracksters for the long run, but don't think I dare run in shorts today!
  • Options
    Hi All

A cool misty day in Dubai, one has to make the most of them as Summer is coming and it will be back to the treadmill.

What: 21 miles at above marathon pace done early this morning
    Why: two oceans ultra is 7 weeks away
    Last Hard: Today'
    Last Rest: tuesday

Running with sleep deprivation is a new and interesting experience, baby DD woke me up at 0430 so thought might as well run!

Good luck to those racing over the weekend
  • Options
    afternoon all

sunny but that wind is coming from beyond the Urals....
    NE - hope your first 2.5K runs west to east - will be hard & unpleasant but at least you'll have it behind you coming back second half. Good luck anyway.

what: 9.3K - hopefully in under 37:30 without undue effort (i.e. going too anaerobic) - particularly over last mile or so.
    why: key session - if successful, will move up to the 7.3 mile course with hill for future equivalent sessions
    last hard(ish) day: Tue
    last rest day: Mon

Unfortunately, the last 1¼ miles tonight will be dead into the wind, so may not achieve desired target. We shall see.....
  • Options
    Hi everyone

Had a good LT run last night on the treadie - was planning to do 2 x 20min at 5:56m/m (my LT pace according to Daniels) with 10 mins rest in the middle; ended up doing 40mins @ 5:56m/m, as things felt good at half-way so I kept going. Made me realise how much of this is mental - I thought, right up until 19mins, that I was going to stop at 20, so at no point was I thinking "oh no, 38mins to go" etc; then, having got to 20 I was half way there. I've got to find some more ways like this of keeping my brain from getting in the way!

What: 8 miles steady
    Why: recovery and aerobic training

Last hard: last night
    Last rest: Friday 6th Feb

Good luck all this weekend, esp the speedsters at the National XC. Look forward to hearing about neck-and-neck sprints between BT and BR on Monday!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Barbara-hope the hip isn't anything serious, very strange about the bruising. Did you bang it at all?

Coco-cat-I'm sure you'll have a grand time! Let us know what the weekend is like. I like the sound of a w/end away running with others.

BR-I agree that to a certain extent tri's are fancy gear orientated, but they're such fun! I'm not much good on any of the disciplines, but it's ok as I've got the Oakleys so look the part!:o)

Patouka-it's cold here, but not that cold. Shorts are just bearable although legs are numb for a while after!

NE-good luck tonight on the Boscombe 5k! Would've liked to have done it, but nevermind will have to be another time.

Good luck tomorrow all those doing the Nationals! Is it being televised by any chance?

Well I set off to do 5 miles easy, but my legs wanted to run hard and I ended up doing 5.6 at tempo pace, which felt good! I knew I should've done that 5k this evening! Family get in the way sometimes though-bless them!

The only thing is I've now got a very sore calf/shin on left leg so will have to keep an eye on that!
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Hilly, you're a tougher cookie than me if you reckon shorts are bearable! I ran last night in running tights, two tops (one short sleeved, one long sleeved), gloves and hat. And carried my new toy, a personal attack alarm. Never thought I'd have to do that but there have been a series of sex attacks on women in the last month within a 2-mile radius of my house. I sincerely hope I don't get to test it ...

What: 4 miles easy.
    Why: A little stiff and bruised after taking a tumble during last night's 8-mile tempo (which despite at least a minute lying, stunned, on the pavement I did at 8:15 pace - I am getting MUCH quicker lately!) Right elbow and hip grazed and sore.
    Last hard: Last night - cold, harsh wind and I didn't realise when I planned my route that there were quite as many uphills near the end!
    Last rest: Wednesday.

I face my longest run yet this weekend - 17 miles. I hope this biting wind drops a bit otherwise hypothermia may become a running-related affliction! Good luck to all racing this weekend.