Options

Tuesday 2nd March

Well I am off to the club tonight, for some of the usual madness.

Comments

• Options
    Morning

Another foggy morning in Dubai, nice and cool but the worrying thought is that foggy mornings means that the heat of summer is just around the corner, until you have run in 45C & 100% humidity you haven't lived! Well in truth you don't run very far and its slow.

What: 6 miles recovery
    Why: last nights run turned into a very fast tempo run as we all tried to outdo one another.
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest: Saturday.

Enjoy
  • Options
    Morning,

What: 12 x 400m, 100m recovery at track tonight.

Why: put some speed in my legs

last hard: Sat

Last rest: yesterday.
  • Options
    morning all,

what : treadmill speed session
    why : FLM schedule says so
    last hard : sunday
    last rest : monday
  • Options
    Morning all,

What: Club night
    Why: Cos its Tuesday
    Last hard: Last Tuesday
    Last rest: Saturday

Looks like a great day - enjoy.
  • Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Hello All,

6.5 miles slow at LT-30 done. Pose training tonight at St James Park with other forumites.

Have a good day.
  • Options
    Morning

What:Speed work tonight
    Why:FLM and Reading training
    Last hard:Sunday
    Last rest: yesterday

Have a good one out there today it looks a beautiful day!!

Hilly thanks for link it does look a good piece of kit
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Good morning!

WP-no problem.

nrg-b-it does say on the box that it can work on knots in the muscles caused by exercise. It's got 3 speeds and an infra red heat device, which you can opt to have on or off.

What:club time trial 2.8 miles tonight plus 1 mile warmup and 3 miles after.
    why:it happens once a month on the seafront. Let's hope it stays cold and calm!
    Last hard:Sunday
    Last rest:Saturday.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    What: Work (all day)
    Why: The manager told me too
    Last Hard: Sundays long run
    Last Rest: Friday

So no running today thankfully this only happens every 28 days.

Have a happy day every1

• Options
    Morning All,

Beautiful, very crisp, sunny morning here in Notts.

What: AM 4M easy (wow it was cold!); PM 10M 'steady-state' (ex-)club run, which basically translates into 'hang-on-for-grim-death' pace for me ;-)
    Why: It's Tuesday and one of the last 3 'big-mileage' hard training weeks prior to FLM taper (plan to cut-back a bit and race week ending 21st March and then do a 3 week taper - can you believe FLM is only 48 days away!!!)
    Last hard run: Sunday
    Last rest day: Friday
  • Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Hilly: Thanks for the info, I think I might buy one.
    Pammie: When you don't run, your muscles are growing.
  • Options
    Morning all

Just getting over the last remnants of a cold so I (surprisingly sensibly!) haven't run since Friday. Having a weekend off meant I missed out on hitting 200 miles for the month but 180 was still a record!

Hopefully try an easy 5 tonight and then take the rest of the week from there. Fleet Half marathon just under 2 weeks away so I'll think of this as an "early taper" ;-)

• Options
    Morning all,

What: club night nothing too strenuous tonight steady 5m run will do.
    Why: legs still a bit sore
    Last rest: Monday
    LAst hard: Sunday
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark ✭✭✭
    Morning,

What: 8m steady
    Why: stepback week
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: 2 days

Enjoy.
  • Options
    when i dont run, my belly grows
  • Options
    Oooh! Oooh! I know the lyrics - Sham 69 and I *think* the song is "Hurry Up Harry" (or was it "'urry up 'arry"?

What: 6 mile tempo run, with maybe an very easy few miles afterwards to make up for not running yesterday.
    Why: Stepback Week, as directed by Hal
    Last hard: Friday

P**sing down with rain here, and very warm and windy. The UK has stolen our weather and we've got yours!
  • Options
    Hippo: me too.

When I'm running every day I don't have any problem eating healthily. When I have a few days off I suddenly revert to my old eating habits and stuff my face with cake!

God help me if I get injured!

• Options
    Morning,
    Good session last night. 10x800m with warm up and down jog. Foot was only a bit sore afterwards.

What: Probably nothing.
    Why: Foot still needs a bit of resting and have a football meeting to attend.

Enjoy the sunshine.
  • Options
    good morning.. good morning...

What: 6 miles recovery am. Track tonight with club
    Why: 2 week hard push now
    Last Hard: Sunday's race
    Last Rest: Friday

Keep falling forward :)
  • Options
    Morning all,

Hilly, you'll have to let us know in a month's time if you're still using it. If you are, that's a pretty good recommendation! I was looking on the web at such things a while ago, there's some stuff out there that looks good, but I really wasn't sure if it would work on the deeper muscles.

Tonight: 3 x 2 mile intervals I think
    Why: great tempo session, and one of my favourites
    Last hard: Sunday's 20 mile race

Enjoyed my rest day yesterday, and legs now feel almost completely recovered from Sunday's exertions. So I shall be looking forward to my run later.

Have a good day everyone!
  • Options
    Coco-CatCoco-Cat ✭✭✭
    It's a beautiful day here in London. When the weather's like this it reminds me why we moved back down here.

What: 3 mile recovery run at lunchtime

Why: did my long sunday run last night. Felt really chuffed - had only planned to do 3 loops of a hilly course and ended up doing 5. Ran for an hour and a half and felt great!

Last hard: yesterday

Last rest: sunday

Must just fill you in with a funny incident from my run last night if you'll bear with me. Saturday I invested in an expensive and sophisticated Polar HRM and couldn't wait to use it last night. About 15 minutes into the run I was perturbed to note that my heart-rate was a huge 236 (my max should be around 190!) whilst I was running at a pace at which I could easily hold a conversation and wasn't out of breath. The monitor then went straight to zero, so I started looking around for overhead powerlines etc. None to be found. The next thing I know is that I've got a stabbing pain in my chest. Fortunately I was still at the 'don't want to be running' stage (within first 20 mins of every run) and too spaced out to be concerned. Instead of worrying about heart-attacks, I just put my hand down the front of my top and pulled out the underwire from my heavy-duty sports bra which had worked loose, interfered with the HRM read-out and was stabbing me in the chest!!

But did I stop running? Absolutely not! I pulled the wire out completely, shoved it in my running-jacket pocket and carried on for another 75 minutes! What a trooper, eh?!

Today I do have one saggier boob than the other though!
  • Options
    Hi everyone

What: 7 miles slow
    Why: recovery run

Last hard: Sunday

Hope everyone's training goes well today.
  • Options
    Morning all, lovely day again in London E1 and hopefully where you are too.

CC - something similar happened to me once.

What: A steady 12 miles at 8m/m - keeping to between 70 to 80% of MHR.
    Why: Continued mileage building - injury recovery virtually complete - working now to raise aerobic threshold.
    Last hard: 3 days (Saturday's 16 miler).
    Last rest: 4 days.
  • Options
    Morning all.

Club night tonight. Hooray.

Got back from Belgium yesterday - the Ostend to Bruges 10 mile (yep - a 10 miler in continental Europe, markers in k's of course). Nice run, extreeeeeeemely flat, along the O to B canal, attracting a fair few 'elite' and other very speedy runners. Died a bit after a good start but got in my target range for a PB (the joys of being an improver rather than an old hand). Much beer was consumed (naturally) and very, very fine it was too. Very fine. Mmmmm....... er, anyway, all a nice change, but it's back to marathon training mode this week, with the Wymondham 20 looming.

Enough travelogue. Have fun today.
  • Options
    Hi everyone

bit of an absence from this thread but here i am. Did RW 15 on sunday which was very useful. Thanet 20 this sunday though which is extremely frightening.

what: club handicap tonight probably with a couple of miles recovery afterwards
    why: schedule and its handicap night
    last hard: sunday
    last rest: friday

Hope everyone is well.
  • Options
    Hi,

Lucky you found a cause, Coco, if not lucky for the bra.

What: 10km (6 mile) tempo run - done
    Why: Chasing that marathon PB in April
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: Yesterday

LizzyB, could you email me with your address? Your email doesn't seem to be enabled. Thanks!
  • Options
    Coco-Cat - my HRM goes up and down rather alarmingly at the start of most runs. Unfortunately, I'm not a girl, so it can't be for the same reason! Probably more to do with not warming up enough and starting nearly all my runs going uphill.
  • Options
    MNS - more likely that the electrodes aren't sufficiently wet. Give them a good slobbery lick before applying.
  • Options
    hi.

What: short (3.3 or 3.8 miels) run later
    Why: planned, legs were achey this morning on bike to work.

laters
  • Options
    afternoon all

sunny here too but I bet it's still v cold outside....

"we never do anything, but now's the time to begin" - seem to remember that's the next line - or something like it.

How close did you get to your PB then Swerve?

what: session with Wirral runners from Hoylake prom. The "tempo" run is due this week.....
    why: it's Tuesday
    last hard day: Tue 24/2
    last rest day: Mon

Am actually hoping it will be the "tempo" run - either the 5.9 mile thrash or the 7.1 version with the hill climb - will be an opportunity to find out what sort of shape I'm in, thinking ahead to possibly doing the Farndon 10K on Sunday. If sub 38:00 seems possible - and my hamstring doesn't really tighten up afterwards, as it has the last 2 or 3 Tuesdays - then I'll give it a go.
    The quest for sub 37:00 will resume in earnest once I've got a few decent long interval sessions under my belt.
  • Options
    Mike - 2:17 inside it. Should have been capable of better though, given some recent race evidence. Still, can't complain, a PB's a PB!