Options

Friday 5th March

Another Birthday cake to prepare tonight for my 8 year old's party. Looks like it could be a few days rest on the trot. Won't be a bad thing.

Comments

• Options
    Morning,

What: rest day & massage pm
    Why: recovery week, rest day's are supposed to be good for me!

Last hard: Tue
    Last rest: Mon

Venom, give up smokeing, it takes your body longer to recover if you smoke!
    So I understand!
  • Options
    Morning, my modem blew a gasket yesterday so it was late last night before I got things going again and then there was spirited competition over the PC. So, belated happy birthday Donaldo - I hope the head dose'nt hurt too much this morning.

Hello Dan and Jill, keep on posting and running.

Happy birthday Rene Fromage

Today,

What: 8m easy
    Why: Just keeping the legs going during an easy week
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last easy: Yesterday was another day off.

Starting to get a bit concerned about this lower back pain that I have. Its just not going away at all.

Have a good day everyone.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Rene

Work today (all day)

Hopefully 1hr-75 min run tonight
  • Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭
    This weekend is the last pre-entered race that I shall miss. Mrs FF and myself were due to be running in the Paris half marathon. Still, we'll have an even better time in Paris now.

Good luck weekend racers.
  • Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭
    Oops, just realised, I've got a FLM entry as well.
  • Options
    Morning Crew!

Happy Birthday Rene

What: am: Weights session, 5 miles steady run, pm: 8 mile run

Why: Weights programme is working for tri prepping and racing Sunday.

Last Hard: Yesterdays Hill reps

Last Rest: Monday

Have a good one.
  • Options
    Morning

Happy Birthday Rene

What:5 miles very easy done

Why tapering for Reading

Last hard Tuesday

last rest Wednesday

Have a good day out there today;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Morning All,

Happy B.Day Blisters Jr. and Rene.

What: nowt.
    Why: Friday = rest day and I'm utterly knackered once again.
    Last hard run: Last night.
    Last rest day: Last Friday.

Well last nights long interval session was a disaster. Having been struggling with a cold all week and following a race last Sunday and a hard 'steady-state' run on Tuesday, I guess it was unlikely from the outset that we'd complete the session. Had planned on doing 4 x 3k @ 10M race pace with 600m jog recoveries (one of Smashy's sessions) but after the first two, knew it wasn't on, jogged round the third one and then tried to do the last one, but was laughably slow, think I was passed by a 3-legged donkey with emphysema. So definitely time for a day off, try and bounce back before the weekends fun and games.
  • Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Rene.

Just done 8.25miles at a variety of heart rates. Average pace was 8:44/mile, aveHR was LT-20 (66%WHR).

Probably won't have time for a run tomorrow as we'll be travelling to Reading.

Have a good day everyone.
  • Options
    Dan.Dan. ✭✭✭
    morning everyone

sodahead, thanks for the welcome!!

today: enforced rest due to work commitments :(

last hard run: last night. knackered!.

last rest: wednesday
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning.

Enjoy the rest day BT and MM!

Happy Birthday Rene, hope it's a good 'un!

What:5 miles esay
    why:tapering for race on Sunday
    last hard:Tuesday
    last rest:Wednesday

How did you get on with the massager nrg-b? I used it for 20 mins on each leg last night on the high intensity with the heat thingy, then used a massage oil to finish with a gentle self massage. My calves feels a bit sore this morning! But them after a pro massage they're normally very sore!
  • Options
    Morning,
    Worked myself very hard at circuits last night, think I might be sleep-working today.

What-Short 20 mins at whatever pace I feel like.
    Why-All I can muster on a Friday.

The weekends here! Good luck all racers.
  • Options
    Morning, Happy B.Day Blisters Jr. and Rene.

Interval session at gym tonight, with 22 miler planned for Sunday.

Have a good w/e and good luck to everyone racing.
  • Options
    Happy birthday, Rene.

Have a lovely time in Paris, Fat Face. It must be heartbreaking missing races.

What: 10 km (6 miles) easy, done
    Why: Recovery day
    Last hard: Yesterday
    Last rest: Monday
  • Options
    Morning all

Happy BD ReneF. Blisters don't hog all Jrs cake there.

MM, given the pace you run, I'd aspire to be in sight of that donkey!

What : er maybe try a spinning class, if nocandu then try for a 5-6 miler steady/slow
    Why : test leg reaction and still secretly harbouring desire to do HM on Sunday
    last run : 9 days ago

enjoy
  • Options
    Coco-CatCoco-Cat ✭✭✭
    Happy b'day Little Blisters and Rene.

What: gym session pm: mainly weights

Why: it's Friday and that's what's on the schedule. Should have gone to yoga first thing this morning as well, but had a few glasses of red wine with colleagues last night and well, erm, despite copious amounts of water I was not getting out of bed at 6-30 to make it on time!

Last hard: weds

Last rest: yesterday

Hoping to do a 10 miler tomorrow as my last long run before Bath next weekend.

• Options
    Morning all and happy birthday to Rene.

A gloomy morning here in London E1.

What: Missed out on last night's circuits session (courtesy of South London traffic), a brisk 6 mile run instead followed by a decent swim.
    Why: Rest day today and not too may opportunities to run this weekend so needed to get a few miles in.
    Last hard: 6 days.
    Last rest: 7 days.

Good luck to all weekend racers.
  • Options
    MM - was the three-legged donkey also doing 4 x 3k @10M race pace?!

I did another steady run last night, and it felt tiring... I was planning 4 x 12mins at threshold pace tonight (v similar to your session MM) but I reckon I may cut it to three.

Why: LT training

Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: Monday

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
  • Options
    ello... bit late today but i did have al ye in!

What: rest day after hard week
    Why: i need it!

Last hard: last night 7 x 6 mins
    Last rest: week ago

Sat: 10 miles
    Sun 15 x 1mile @ Dulwich Park

Have a good weekend all :)
  • Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Glad I did my run this morning. Total system failure at work today. Looks like I'll be burning the midnight oil tonight.
  • Options
    Morning all,

Well, nothing more to report than I did last night - did 7 miles easy yesterday, the calf was a bit tense but not too bad. I can definitely feel that it's still not 100% this morning though. I'm sure that the massage tomorrow will sort things out, then it's all systems go for Reading half.

It'll be my first half in a year, so I'm guaranteed either a PB or a complete disaster. PB is 1:29:06, and I'm hoping for 1:24 this time. A big jump, but I reckon I can do it as that's basically my 10 mile PB pace, and I reckon that all the training I've done in the last 4 months means I should be able to maintain that pace for the extra 3.1 miles. Hopefully...

BT, I must protest! Don't judge me on the basis of a couple of hours in the St James Tavern!
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark ✭✭✭
    Morning everyone,

What: 5m easy
    Why: recovery day/stepback week
    Last hard: last night (though only at 3/4 effort)
    Last rest: 5 days

Have a good one.
  • Options
    NRG-B - hope you get things working again soon. Really not what you need on a Friday night...
  • Options
    Good luck Venom. Having paid to enter Reading I'm not doing it now because of Bramley last week. Hope they don't keep you waiting too long at the start...
  • Options
    Not a lot today after a disastrous 10K yesterday, aching limbs and generally pretty lethargic. May take the nibblers swimming after school, but that doesn't really count.
    Looking forward to Reading, followed the Runnersworld (CD) plan almost to the letter, and am a little worried that there hasn't been enough longer runs. Maybe just a bit race nervey!

Good luck to all racing this weekend
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Rene.

FF, think I missed something. Sorry to hear it, but do enjoy Paris - a city I particularly like.

My runs around Boston may have had breathtaking views, but my muddy little patch covered in gloom looked mighty good to me this morning. In the river I saw ripples which might have been made by a dabchick so I waited and watched, and saw something relatively large swimming off with it's nose just above water. An otter? I'm told they have been seen there, but I've never seen one before.

Run no walk, felt horrible stiff, but time was about normal, so maybe the route I was running in Boston was simply longer.

If sis-in-law is still up for it, running a 5 mile race in Blenheim on Sunday. Not sure, because sis-in-law is presently on the bottom of the Red Sea enjoying the view, uncertain whether she will be running fit or not.

If not, might try to desert the family and hang out at Reading.

Anyrate, good luck all.

Again thanks for all your good wishes. Time and again, they've made a big difference.
  • Options
    Morning. Thanks for the welcome back to the fold. Happy birthday, Rene F. Bon voyage, FF.

Managed to jog 3 miles last night - whoopee! Only intended to try 1 mile but felt OK so plodded on. Took me 36 mins and I had a 2-min walk break about half way round, but that was general out-of-condition knackeredness rather than knee pain. Knee a little sore first thing this morning but fine by the time I'd walked the dog. Hardly dare say it, but maybe I'm back on track. Gentle 2 miles tonight, then rest tomorrow, I think.
  • Options
    Morning All

What: 1 Hour at 12KMPH Pace
    Why: Don't what to do a quick one tonight as I am running the Greenwich 10K on Sunday

Last rest: Tuesday 24th Feb
    Last hard: Sunday

Happy running all.

LL
  • Options
    Cheers for the B'day wishes...

as posted yesterday no training for me, may test the ankle though on dance stage fever (or similar) which i will be getting with a dance mat later today for my PS2, there is also the arcade version in the pub I am going to tonight - battle dancing against one of my mates (we are upto medium level)! :o) Seriously though - these machines are a good workout - anyone else tried them?

Venom - good luck at Reading, 1.24 is (was? not yet!) my target time for in two weeks at MK - gulp.
  • Options
    RF- happy birthday.

What- 6x 2mins hills in the Henry Moore field @ Bretton, the fog has lifted unfortunately so I will be watched by the people in the visitor centre cafe, as they wonder what on earth I am doing.