Options

Saturday 13th March

Morning all,

Race well soda jr!

What: 7M with 3M tempo

Why: to keep legs ticking over

Last hard: Wed

Last rest: Fri

a lazy weekend planned ahead of next weeks race, plus I'm very busy for the next 8 weekends!

Comments

• Options
    You too Tim?

What: 5 miles easy with some strides

Why: loosen up for 20 mile run tomorrow and to crawl over the 50 mile mark for the week. Weight has gone up as well :(

Last hard: Thurs

Last rest: Fridaythe

Have a good weekend everyone
  • Options
    Hi,

So it's just the good runners and me so far today ;-)

What: 10 km (6 miles) easy just as soon as all the normal household chores are done
    Why: The run - taking it easy before Hastings tomorrow, the chores - who knows
    Last hard: Thursday
    Last rest: Monday

Hope all the benchers are feeling a little better today.

LizzyB, came home last night to your inspirational email. Thanks very much. I am now so excited about my Iceland trip I can hardly wait.
  • Options
    Good Morning

I am running today just going to take it easy to see how back reacts!!

Hope all my fellow bench pals are feeling a wee bit better today I will dedicate a mile to you guys.

Good luck all racers and runners
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Morning

Looking forward to this weekends race reports, quite afew 1/2 maras going on, so good luck to all.

and OUCH, boy my abs are killing me from thursdays ab workout!!!

What: 3-5 mile also with strides

Why: Hastings 1/2 marathon tomorrow

Last Rest: Tuesday

Last Hard: Sundays 10k
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning one and all. It's lovely out there today just a shame I'm not going for a run. I'll make up for it with a bike ride hopefully, followed by a swim. Need to get a few chores sorted first, so have a good day training/racing or resting!

Good luck all racers!
  • Options
    Good morning

Going to try an easy 2-3 miles this afternoon

why - calfs have been really sore, had two days off but they are still sore.

Should do a long run tomorrow - 9 - 12 miles - we'll see...

have a good weekend everyone.

bye, tiny
  • Options
    Well back and well it did not go to plan back was fine but had pain at the back of my left knee which was very painful so only did 30 minutes there was no way i could have done any more, not sure what it is but will do some stretching today and try again tomorrow!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    What: rest
    Why: did 7 miles tempo last night, recovering from achilles probs, feeling good, but I'm at Hastings tomorrow!
    Last hard: Tuesday before last
    Last rest: Monday

Just off to do some weighted squats ...

Hope the rehab goes well tinytoes/ Poppy.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    WP-sorry to hear the run didn't go well. Hope it's not serious and you're back out there soon!

TT-hope the calves feel better soon too!
  • Options
    morning all.

Gutted. Cold not improved at all so will not be racing at Dent this afternoon. Feel a bit miserable as i was really looking forward to it.

Thought about it for bit this morning, but legs and arms aching so decided to take sensible option.

Assuming i dont run tomorrow either this leaves a weekly grand total milage of 13, which 6 weeks before FLM is a tad worrying. Still hopefully will be fit to give next week a good go.

Anyway, good luck the rest of you racers, and there's a spare bit of cake up for grabs at Dent.
  • Options
    speedy recovery wishes WP TT & PL & all others on the mend

What: rest
    Why: Solihull 10k tomorrow.

looks a nice day for you racers - good luck all

Andy
  • Options
    Well I don't contribute to this thread very often, but do have a peek now and again!

It's a stunning day here in heavenly Devon, but I have several things to do today.
    1) Have to go into town
    2) Have chores - yuk
    3) Have to help hubby destruct the bathroom ready for the plumbers arriving on Monday - Fun!

Therefore, I hope the weather holds as I shall be popping out for a quick one - (run that is) later today. Hubby is going to come too if his knee feels ok. So we will try to keep to the park if possible as we can run on grass there.

Why - because I want to, he needs to and the dog needs a walk
    Seriously though because I want to run another half marathon and want to keep fit.

Good luck to everyone that is racing this weekend. Sorry to hear there are so many people unwell at the mo.

• Options
    morning all

Temperature has started to climb at last. Hopefully, yesterday was the last time I'll need the black lycra leggings for several months....

WP - depressing. Has it improved at all? From this distance, it seems clear to me that you need a few more days off - but I know if it had happened to me, I wouldn't be taking that view. Take care.

Sorry you're still not fit yet PL - but with bigger targets in mind, I'm sure you've made the right decision.

what: Not a lot. 1 - 1½ miles at above 5K race pace is most likely
    why: To remind my legs what that sort of pace feels like, ready for tomorrow's Seaside Race.
    last hard day: Sun
    last rest day: Thu

If Matt's up for it, one possibility is a 1 mile handicap race between us. Think I'll only have to give him 80-90 seconds' start to ensure a close finish - not so long ago, would have been 2 minutes.

Best of luck to other racers over the weekend.
  • Options
    Hello, welcome Scooby Snax, hope you're going to be a regular.

What- Just done my 3 miles easy, RHR back down to 43, still snotty but it's all throat and nose not chest.
    Why- Stafford tomorrow, am going to set out at 7 min miling and (hopefully) up it to 6:50 for the second 10 miles- exactly my strategy last year, this will give me 2:18 and mean that my sub 3 at London is on. Even 2:20 will be fine.

The question is do I wear my track pants to check for long distance chaffe in view that I may wear them at London, or do I stick to the usual umpteen layers of thermols because I am nesh?
  • Options
    BodBod ✭✭✭
    10m this am to give 69m for the week - best ever. Passed beleaguered Foxes boss Micky Adams running in opposite direction - bet he was enjoying the quiet and solitude.
  • Options
    Morning all. Easy mileage day on the thread, it seems. No-one got any XC to go to?

My ankle seems to have responded to the ice and ibuprofen, and I might have an unexpected decision to make tomorrow morning. On the other hand, I have only just emerged from bed, so I haven't exactly worked it hard. Interesting..... I shall carbo-load just in case. :-)

Have fun.
  • Options
    Morning All!

What? Plodding 6m in 55 minutes, another 6m for tea time
    Why? Brentwood 1/2
    Last rest? Thursday (snow outside)
    Last hard? Last Sunday

Carboloading starts now :)

• Options
    Morning.

What: 2.3 mile plod (in an attempt to repeat plodding for 30 mins like I did last week, only did 20, then walked for 2 mins, then plodded the last 8 mins). Not happy.

Why: Really trying to up my fitness now
    Last plod : Thursday
    Next plod : Tuesday
  • Options
    What? 60 mins later on

Why? Because I have to study all day, grrrrr

Last rest? Wednesday night of course

Last hard'ish? Monday
  • Options
    I've just realised that there are other advantages to marathon training than getting me round 26.2 miles on the day without collapse.

Yesterday I tried an exploratory run. I looked at the map to find some trails I had not run before, then set off. I got lost. I ended up scambling down brambly hillsides, trespassing on golf courses and scaring some sheep.

I went a lot further than I had planned, but time and distance just wasn't a consideration. All those extra miles in my legs meant that I could just relax and enjoy the run.

I'll never winge about long slow weekend runs ever again, I promise !
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark ✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

What: 1 hour steady later
    Why: tapering
    Last hard: Thursday
    Last rest: 6 days

Have a good one.
  • Options
    what

3 hours cycle imminently
    26 miles run slowish tomorrow

why: why the hell not? its a free country. leave me alone

• Options
    Candy, how dare you. You should be ashamed.

p.s. BT, the lyric would have been better saved for April 4th, really.
  • Options
    LynneW - there is nothing better than a really long slow run where you can just relax and take it all in! I hope to have one of those tomorrow :D

Today was an easy 6 - well I went out to do an easy six anyway and for some reason, ran tall, with longer strides than normal and came back in just 35:36, which was rather bizarre since I'm not feeling too good with my head cold anyway :s
  • Options
    ill just log my pathetic 2 tready miles

its a taper, ok
  • Options
    GodzillaGodzilla ✭✭✭
    better than me hips

what: nowt
    why; scary physio said not to
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    I love those kind of runs Lynne!

Went for a lovely bike ride this morning. Wasn't interested in pace as it's such a glorious day and the route I took with a friend was just so scenic we wanted to enjoy it. Took us over 2 hrs for about 25 miles circular route, but that's with stopping for pictures and climbing BIG hills-one went on for a mile and was about 1:3! Felt like I was on a mountain!

Felt a bit cold on the way back as it was into the wind, but after a nice hot cup of tea and cheese sandwich, oh and the Yorkie I now feel energised!:o)

Swim will have to wait 'til tomorrow as the pool closes in an hour. Nevermind, it often feels nice to swim after a long run.
  • Options
    Zilla
    hope you get better soon
  • Options
    lynne that sounds fab! i'm still complaining about mine i'm afraid though. i hate long runs.

sorry to hear you still aren't right WP - good luck with it tomorrow. have fingers crossed for you

and get better soon tiny toes.

and zilla - i'll kiss it better if you like ;-)

20 miles done today. i really struggled both mentally and physically from about 4 miles onwards so was rather amazed that i made it. the time wasn't pretty though - over a minute a mile slower than last week.

but thats the last one done!!! no more horrid 20 milers!

so the taper starts here :-)
    (do i get to eat lots now?)
  • Options
    Afternoon all,

What: Walked the monster while Mary went for a short brisk tempo run which is her last hard session before next weekends City Pier

Why: No running still for a week or two due to stress fracture

WP- sorry to hear the bad news

Good luck those racing tommorrow. I'm off down to SE of Turkey for work so will have to read up on Wednesday pm.

Simon