Options

Paris Marathon 2018

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    Carol4Carol4 ✭✭✭
    Hi All. Sorry if I am impatient but is there a new thread for Paris 2019. I enjoyed reading all the information for the 2018 event and i am starting to get excited for 2019 as I have entered and hoping for support from the group + the pasta night and beer and burgers post event.
  • Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    Carol4 - Feel free to start the thread for 2019. The last few years the first post has just been a copy and paste of the previous years one.

I'd do it, but I won't be in Paris next year. I decided to try a different race and have entered Vienna instead.
  • Options
    Good luck in Vienna, Eggy. No problem carb loading before the race there, with all those pastries and cakes...
  • Options
    FRG2FRG2 ✭✭✭
    Why Vienna, Eggy? I've been thinking about it, and also Edinburgh. (Thought it was less likely to be unseasonably warm there!) Also working towards Athens maybe next year too...
  • Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    If I'm honest I choose Vienna as I've never been to the city and it seemed like a good excuse to go and visit the place. The fact I could get cheap flights and accommodation was also a selling point in case I'm successful in the ballot for Osaka next year, in which case I'll be planning some time to explore Japan and eat my body weight in ramen.
    I'd been looking at Prague, Rome and Helsinki. I need to do Helsinki someday to wrap up the Nordic countries as I've ran Copenhagen, Stockholm and Midnight Sun (Tromso).
    Too many races, too many places to visit. Not enough time or money!
    baldstan - Cakes are always a selling point.
  • Options
    FRG2FRG2 ✭✭✭
    Good luck in the Osaka ballot 🤞🏻
    Tromso is another tempting one... would you recommend?

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    The Midnight Sun Marathon in Tromso is a unusual one.

It’s certainly bizarre starting at 8pm and finishing and it’s still daylight. Thankfully the hotels have blackout curtains. 

It’s a really beautiful part of the world. It’s also a very expensive part of the world. The course itself is a mixed bag. The first half is pretty good, with great local support. The second half, out and back to the airport, isn’t particularly interesting.

It’s certainly a unique experience and I’m glad I’ve done it. Having said that it’s not one I’d be in a rush to return too.
  • Options
    Carol4Carol4 ✭✭✭
    New thread started for 2019. Please all support me. I made the comment that I feel like a fraud starting the thread as I have the least experience of everyone but I loved reading it and the support you all gave each other.
  • Options
    FRG2FRG2 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Eggy.
    Good job, Carol!