Options

Scared to change my running shoes

Hi, I've been wearing Hoka Clifton 2's and have had a number of pairs of them. However, my latest pair have finally run out of steam and finding Clifton 2's hard to come by now.

I'm scared that changing the type of shoe will cause injuries. I'm even fearful of getting some Clifton 4's! Am I being overly worried, or am I right to be concerned that changing my shoe could lead to injury?

Comments

• Options
    running shoes are very very rarely the cause of, or fix to running injuries
  • Options
    I used to use Adidas Glide Boost - got a pair of the Hoka Hupana. Absolutely love them, best ones I've ever had.
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Pacpalmer - it happens to all of us that there comes a time when we can no longer buy our favourite shoes.  But there are lots of lovely shoes out there so go to a shop and try on a few and you'll soon find a shoe that suits you.

I have a pair of Clifton 3's, which I love, on 500 miles now but the cushioning is still great.  I believe it was when they brought out the Clifton 3 that the sizing was changed to be in line with most other brands, my previous Hoka's I had to buy a half size up.   So you might want to check if you are thinking of buying the Clifton 3 or 4 by mail order to see if they're sized the same as your current shoes.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, very reassuring. I'll be sure to try before I buy, as always.