Options

List of runners and your supporters

Comments

• Options
    Thanks a million all you wonderfull supporters,especially Helegant and JJ for the great Guinness. Shame I did'nt have enough time to finish it.

Well done Meerkat for everything.

Slainte

Father Jack (off for a recuperating Guinness)
  • Options
    Well, looks like I zoomed past all of you. I went past the open patch of grass on the right hand side shouting "I'm Damo" to some bemused looking people and a loudspeaker on a stand. Didn't see any photographer, balloons, banners on either side of the road before or after the water station.

However, I was ahead of my predicted time at 18mile and it was chucking it down. maybe someone dod shout at me and i didn't hear. Never mind, have to do it again next year
  • Options
    Sorry, that sounds really ungrateful, I'm in a bad mood 'cause Its 10pm and I've just got home having had my flight delayed for 2hours and my legs have cramped up as a consequence.

Having tried to spot people myself in races it can be very difficult when a sea of humanity is rushing by. But I'm sure your support was there in spirit!

• Options
    <<hugs>> Damo. The water station nicked our usual spot, so we were a bit before your yelling.
  • Options
    Fraggle- Brilliant!
    How on earth did you spot me? Your hair was the giveaway, that and the banana stuck out into the river of flowing bodies.

I think I got the time I deserved 3:16:40, which was not quite the 3:15 I wanted. I probably lost 40 seconds to a minute when my legs collapsed at mile 26.1 - YES Buck House! Was I frustrated by that? You bet.

Thanks to all the support crews, you were fantastic; despite the spectator-unfriendly weather the crowds were almost as big as I remember from when the sun shone.

Massive thumbs up! :-)
  • Options
    Went past hidden amidst the red 11.00 pace group. Appreciated the cheers. Must have been hard work in the rain
  • Options
    pfft i stopped but Jj didn't bring me any provisions
  • Options
    Hello, Cariad-really really sorry- I saw you over the other side of the road after you passed us but couldn't get you to hear us and couldn't get to you either.
    You looked ok to me though-how did it go in the end?
  • Options
    Thanks to you all. There was a sign on the left as I came round but no supporters! Confused, I carried on then a massive cheer and a pink haired lady jumps out shouting `oh, Barnsley'.

Tell you what Fraggle - that tonic water did the trick. 3 times before then the left thigh had tightened and threatened to go, but after than no worries. (What are you doing on 17th October btw - Abingdon Marathon) :-) Many many thanks. It was nearly 20 miles before I stopped smiling.
  • Options
    Today I stood for over 4 hours in some of the worst weather April could throw at us but I have to say it was fantastic!! I was at Mudchute and cheered the "heroes" as they came through. It was a privelege to do so. I was there supporting a mate and was looking for him, but thanks to the infectious support of the RW crew I was then cheering them all home. Well organised, that Meerkat!

Wel Done All

Ben
  • Options
    My first attempt at supporting a marathom, and i now know what everyone goes thru tho keep the runners spirts up, a great day for me,(although i was intensely jealous of everybody that was running). it was great to meet so many forumites i had only ever 'met' thru the PC.

well done to very member of URWFRC who completed the run today.

Great to meet RichK again(long live the dublin8)

apologies for my eldest pinching all the reserves of jelly babes and bananas to hand out to all the runners.

• Options
    Well done to all of the runners you did really really well I take my hat off to you…The conditions were poor but from what I saw everyone was putting on a brave face and making the best of it. As a supporter im afraid to say I only actually spotted one of my runners ‘Sittingbull’ but as Jj said it was really hard to spot people so I hope you’ll forgive me, still it was all in for everyone and we helped each other out. Gave out plenty of Jelly Babies and Banana’s and it was lovely to see the pleasure on the faces of runners (whether formulites or not). Its nice to give something back having received support myself in previous years and certainly came away with a warm feeling (only mental as I was freezin my ass off). I took about 1 hour of video which im sending to Ultra Meerkat to put onto DVD, most of it is static film of runners passing by, id say pretty constant coverage of the 3.35 – 4.45 finishers with shots of the people that stopped and some of the supporters.

Well done to all the supporters to at Mudchute, I must say what a lovely bunch of people you all are though I didn’t quite get round to talking to everyone but those who I did were so friendly. Great encouragement of the runners, we certainly made some noise, even had a few streamers and party poppers. Well done to the children to for handing out all the goodies. I cant wait to support again……
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Andeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I was looking out for you so hard!

:o(
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    Ah - just seen your time; you must have come through at about the same time as Cougie so you must blame him. He was distracting me.
  • Options
    Well done to all you supporters it must have been so tough standing in the rain all that time.
    Sorry I missed you all but just never saw the banner.Nice to meet Dr Nic in Thistle afterwards.

WELL DONE everyone and big thanks to UM for organzing this
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    What a great sight, a bank of smiling forumite faces to lighten the legs and raise the spirits - thanks so much to all of you (at least we got to run around a bit in that lousy weather, which I reckon was far easier than standing in it)

Special thanks to meerkat for making it happen, but to all the supporters for being there
  • Options
    Sufering horribly from cramp and a knee injury I came round at Mudchute and decided I'd stop and say Hello so that I could have a stretch and a break. But I just couldn't see the URWFRC supporters. Thanks for supporting anyway. I was was a rotten day to be standing around.

Carl - Sorry I missed you. But thanks anyway.

All the best

PPB.

• Options
    Thanks to all of you, can't have been much fun standing in the rain, but the cheers, hugs and jelly babies were much appreciated
  • Options
    Thank you so much Meercat for organising this fantastic support for the runners! :))

Had a lovely day out with kids.
    They really enjoyed seeing all the fancy dresses and handing out the sweets and bananas for lovely and thankful runners.

Am glad my vaseline seemed to come in handy for a some of the runners and wasn't it the walk/runner Penguin? John Bingham?

Thank you Dr. Nic for taking over from us, when we had to leave. Was sad we couldn't stay and wait for Seaweed.

Well done for raising so much money, Seaweed. Fantastic!

My husband did really well considering the weather and the congestion. He really enjoyed the event and was very thankful to see the supporters at mile 18!

Flora is truly something very, very special!!
  • Options
    You're welcome Barnsley :-) Glad the tonic water did the trick (though I was paranoid for the rest of the day that it would give you stomach cramps or worse!)

Oh I ache today (yes I know not as bad as the peeps that ran yesterday do!) but a day of digging out the patio followed by standing in the cold and wet is not good!!

But I did have a really good time yesterday :-)
  • Options
    Thank you all so much i was so pleased too see you all ,you lot should get a medal as well.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    fraggle, I ached last evening, I said to my husband that I felt like I had been for my long run yesterday, instead of standing up all day. On reflection I had been gardening too. But yes it was a brilliant day.
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    ceal, I sat on a tube for about half an hour after leaving the Thistle, and was very stiff.

I even got some fond looks from fellow travellers who obviously thought I'd just run the marathon.

I didn't disabuse them.

;o)
  • Options
    thanks one and all it was wonderful to see you and get a snog fromthe minkey and M. (M, its alright you got the snog first, no need for the rabies jab)
  • Options
    Hi All!
    Thanks so much for the support you gave, particularly in such horrible weather. I hope you missed the downpour that hit me half a mile from the finish.

I had a good run, on the whole, but got very tired between miles 8 and 12, then I remembered that you'd be there waiting for me with my ginger, so I perked up a bit.

Feel ok today, not too stiff, though I do have to sway from side to side to get downstairs!

Special thanks to M for looking after the provisions for me and for the hug, to Meerkat for organising it all and to all the rest of you for the big cheers!

Spaced out
  • Options
    Was great to get along for a while yesterday - it's made me keener than ever to get round the course next year if I can stop my body from falling apart before then.

Little Wibbley really enjoyed it as well - the best bit was when he was sitting on the zebra crossing barrier drinking his milk, saw people handing water bottles to the runners, and thrust his milk bottle out to join in!

• Options
    I missed the URWFRC supporters as well. Was looking out really hard around Mudchute on the right side, ready to yell out to Pezza, my supporter. Had my cat ears on and a tail to match (was running for a pet charity), but alas, I missed you. However, I know that other runners would have appreciated you as much as I appreciated other supporters along the way handing out sweets and yelling encouragement. Here's to all you supporters. If I don't run next year, I'll join you!
  • Options
    with the numbers of runners and supporters it's a bit of a lottery if you spot each other......so apologies to those I missed....I believe someone did call out for me but I was getting a coffee at the time - sorry to whoever that was!

great day and well organised UM - thanks

how about a huge F*** Off 20' tall banner next year?? that way it will be easier to spot....
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I saw the sign for you, went over to the left, there were only a handful of people so I shouted out Dr Nic and : ( nothing happened. What did I do wrong? I was so gutted not to see you all. I went through about 3hr 10 mins I guess?
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can