Comrades 2020

Comments

• I think last year he fell a couple of times. It's a really tough one. High altitude too. He'll be pleased when it's daylight!!
    He'll be pleased to see the finish line too. Hope you savour the moment SD
  • 1owrez1owrez ✭✭✭
    He's at 90.7 miles with over 3 hours on the clock left, come on Slowy, you've got this :)
  • Holding my breath and urging him through the next check point.
    Mmm the last 3 check points all seem to have the same cut off 😳
  • marty74marty74 ✭✭✭
    Through the next checkpoint, about 6 miles to go in 2 hours. Come on SD you are doing amazing :)
  • Peter RPeter R ✭✭✭
    I was tracking last night but haven’t had to today ... forum has been great. Come on SD
  • Mc HillyMc Hilly ✭✭✭
    I’m I’m now watching the live finish line video on Facebook, think SD due in within next 10 mins
  • Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭
    Me too!!!
  • marty74marty74 ✭✭✭
    Didn't realise the finish was on Facebook. Just seen the legend cross the line.
  • Becca7Becca7 ✭✭✭
    Same here.  Was nice that they announced him before he got to the home straight.
  • Mc HillyMc Hilly ✭✭✭

• Mc HillyMc Hilly ✭✭✭
    Congrats SD ( apologies for the very poor quality photo of my computer screen)
  • marty74marty74 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, did the commentator say he umpired at Wimbledon for 6 years????
  • PeterDHMPeterDHM ✭✭
    Amazing, well done slowduck! 
  • Congrats Slow Duck! Fantastic running 
  • Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭
    Lots of very excited shouting at the screen from all over the UK then
  • thomasclowesthomasclowes ✭✭✭
    Congrats Hideo. Absolutely insane achievement.

i wonder when he will see these posts as one assumes that he is going to sleep for the next 3 months.. right?
  • Terry48Terry48 ✭✭✭
    Huge congratulations Hideo (SD)! What a big achievement. Well done.
  • brilliant work Slow Duck. Hard as nails!
  • 1owrez1owrez ✭✭✭

Just back from watching The Eagles in Liverpool tonight (yes they still live) where I was warned by over zealous officials that I would be ejected from the venue for attempting to film the proceedings using my phone... a story involving a slow duck running 100 miles at the Western States almost had me arrested for abusing mind bending chemicals on top, so I put me gadget away and enjoyed being a Desperado at The Hotel California instead.

Long winded way of apologising for not dropping in until now and learning the fantastic news - well done SD :)

• Slow DuckSlow Duck ✭✭✭
    edited July 1
    OMG! You all are amazing! Thank you! Following the posts was like re-living the race all over again!

Back to sleep now... zzzzzzzz
  • Absolutely amazing SD congratulations from me and Mr SS (we're actually 14 hours ahead of you. Tried to stay awake for your finish but failed!!)
  • Peter RPeter R ✭✭✭
    Congrats SD, amazing achievement 
  • Mac3Mac3 ✭✭✭
    Fantastic achievement Slow Duck, and so soon after Comrades.  Enjoy the well-earned rest.  Please post a report when you can!
  • Bike ItBike It ✭✭✭
    Phenomenal SD.  Congratulations.

• Debra BourneDebra Bourne ✭✭✭
    Slow Duck: well done you!
    Fido: I'm hoping to get my presentation at the SVN "Usual Suspects" - although that might change if I slip another event or two in over October/November - and depending when I manage to get my 10th certified road marathon done (I prefer trail ultras!), I might end up celebrating my 100th marathon/ultra with a delay to joining the 100 Marathon Club.
  • pottermisspottermiss ✭✭✭
    Wow, completely amazing SD! Congratulations! 
  • pottermisspottermiss ✭✭✭
    I've just caught up, and hopped over to this new thread. I hope everyone is well recovered.
    I've already booked accommodation for next year for Comrades..😊

Also I'm not sure if anyone else was on the flight home that was delayed by 24 hours but I've just had compensation agreed from BA which is nearly enough to pay for next year's flight, so well worth claiming. 
  • Terry48Terry48 ✭✭✭
    Worth a 24 hr delay pottermiss.  That's how I paid for my 2018 trip to SA after Air France got me there 24 hrs late in 2017😊. Just never plan to arrive for Comrades on the Saturday!
  • mordomordo ✭✭✭
    Well done SD
  • baldstanbaldstan ✭✭✭
    Well done SD. And at least you've got some time to recover before Hardrock now.