Options

Dusting off the running shoes.

Had a few years of running, entered lots of races from 5k to marathon,  half irons and failed iron distance, then I just stopped. I lost all interest in exercise never mind running. 
I've had about 5 years out now and feel the need to get back running. Is anyone else just starting out again.  I've not even managed the run yet, been out on bike this week and feeling incredibly unfit.

Comments

• Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    I have had to start again a couple of times because of serious illness. I found following C25K really good. Made it easier as I did not have to think about what to do, I just followed the instructions.

Good luck with it, I was amazed how much fitness I lost very quickly so be kind to yourself, you will get there.
  • Options
    Hope your on the mend now TT. Yes I feel like I'm starting totally from scratch again, was never a racing snake to start off with but I've completely lost fitness and gained a few stones!! 
    When I was training a lot I did prefer the autumn and winter months for running and I'm gonna just start on a run/ walk programme and gradually increase.

• Options
    Sponge I've just started again and it took a few weeks to get myself to be able to run 5k. It was so painful that first run... it was more like a walk. I notice if I miss a week my fitness goes down pretty quickly.. maybe that's part of getting older.
  • Options
    We all start somewhere well done you will get there
  • Options
    Takes a while to get back into it but once you are, you forget why you ever left!
  • Options
    I think you did a lot of runs. Take rest now lol
    Dave Alce
    Marketing Manager