Options

Sunday 22nd December 2019

Morning, just! 

Lyrics: With the kids jingle belling
And everyone telling 

Early start as my visitor insisted on staying in the alehouse.

What: at least two out of fitness suite, short run, helping at 5k

Why: Sunday

Yesterday's lyrics were "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas". Originally by Perry Como and the Fontane Sisters but much covered, not least by Michael Bublé of late.

Great sunset, OH!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Morning folks, happy Sunday. 

Just floating in and out the odd time at the minute. Boys had all been dosed with various ailments this week, and their school was vandalised and closed all week, so it's been busy looking after them.

Think I got ten miles done last Sunday, then nothing until yesterday, got another 3 miles done. Hoping to get out today for a longer run again.

Hope everyone is well, and has all their shopping done

Lyrics yes
  • Options
    Morning.

Beautiful picture of Birsay Bay OH and great to play a part in Erica's new record.

Well done emzap.

We have lots of local flooding Alehouse. Was thinking of doing my LSR this morning but I'm not sure where so may leave it until later in the week. Why not just bake one cake that everyone can eat?

Hope your boys are on the mend now chamolk, don't want them ill for Xmas. That's bad about their school - must have been quite a lot of damage to close it for that long? Don't stress about the running, it will be there when you have time for it.

Hope you have a good race Dustin and enjoy afterwards.

What:           unsure
    Why:            flooding
    Last hard:    not bah humbugging too much
    Last rest:     8/12

Lyrics - probably but I can't name that tune.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Morning again!

Chamolk:  sorry to  hear about the boys' illnesses and the school; the latter is devastating for a school and particularly at this time of year.

LMH: one cake is a present. Hope you can find somewhere to run.

Race well, Dustin, and anyone else pinning a number on.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    That's lovely Alehouse - even more stress with the icing though I expect. I may delay my long run until later in the week - it's not as though I've got anything on:-)
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Morning!

Think I would choose short run and helping out at the 5k Ale, though as it has started to rsin the indoor option might be tempting too.

Hope they catch the vandals Chamolk. That is awful. Must be a lot of damage for it to need to close. Get well soon to your boys.

Hope you can keep your feet reasonably dry LMH. Enjoy the lebkuchen - yummm!

Good luck Dustin.

Well done to Erica OH. Amazing distance.  Piper must have been lovely. Great sunset pic.

Nice pics Chicksta too. Weather looks good. Please order similar for April.

Well done on the parkrun PB emzap. Love the puddle of doom.

What: 15 miles with some @MP
    Why: building the miles
    Next hard: getting out there for said run, will be wet and likely windy
    Last rest: 16.12

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Yukk!! 2 hour and 6 mins soaking, much wetter than forecasted and the wind came earlier as well. Had to hold onto my cap over the motorway bridge or it woul have blown off.  Back home OH had to help me out of my soaking stuff as my arms and hands had stopped working. Got the 7 @ mara effort done at least.

Hope anyone else out there today has better conditions.
  • Options
    Morning,

Chamolk: Good to see you a difficult time of year with family commitments you can always pick up running when you have time.

What 5.30 with 0.25 x efforts off 1.50 recovery with warm up and cool down miles+1.20 run to get home
    Why: Because I wanted to
    Last hard: Sleeping and efforts up hill
    Lyrics: Yes

First time post achilles so 15 years and Achilles held up nicely and I enjoyed the change of pace :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Afternoon!

What: all three parts of above d&d

Why: shorter fitness suite than usual, and it was always going to be a short run anyway.

Character building, Hazel! Well banked!

WP: hope you are still doing the Achilles stretches! And well done on the faster stuff: hope there is no reaction.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Sounds stressful, chamolk. I don't get this vandalism thing. Why do they do that?

Good job helping at the 5k, ale. Nice to tick off the to-do list :)

Amazing feat of Erica's, OH. And great pics too.

Well toughed out, Hazel. Now you can bask in post-run glow which is particularly pleasing after a hard session in rough weather.

Weather is unfortunately back to normal December miserableness (I made this word up). 2 degrees, damp, grey, windy.

Good stuff on the faster bits, poppy.

Good luck, Dustin.

Long run day for me. In hindsight I should have just kept going yesterday... Nevermind, there just wasn't enough time to do more yesterday. 17 miles with some rather mean hills in the middle which I ran up and down keeping the pace. The return to some concentration as my legs got really tired. Quite pleased that my zone 2 stuff comes out in the 8:40ish pace region. I'm a bit sick of seeing 9xx mile splits ;) plenty of birds on the trails - dunnocks, chaffinches, wrens, robins, a woodpecker, jays and various tits.

What: LSR
    Why: it's Sunday
    Last hard: keeping good running form in those final miles
    Last rest: Friday
    Lyrics: guess I should but brain refusing cooperation at the moment
  • Options
    Ale: Oh yes still stretching achilles:Fingers crossed no reaction but tomorrow will be a slow run over hills.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    afternoon all

had a great day yesterday celebrating my 500th parkrun, a great day, with many people out to support, plodded round with friends, heres to the next 500.....

5.25m today

Hope all are well

Take care

• Options
    I'm glad you enjoyed your parkrun RFJ.

Well done for toughing out in that weather Hazel.

That's two good runs in a row chicksta.

I hope there's no adverse reaction Poppy.

Sounds like a busy day Alehouse.
  • Options
    Evening!

Glad it went well, RFJ!

How was your run today, LMH?

18 mince pies and 2 dozen Stollen muffins this afternoon; carol service later. A busy time!
  • Options
    The stollen muffins are a hit aren't they Alehouse? I managed my LSR and I enjoyed it but I'm 30 secs/mile down on my average pace from this time last year - I wish I knew why and what to do about it. Hope you enjoyed the carol service.
  • Options
    Carol service not until 8, LMH! There are two back to back (6:30 and 8). One of my friends is in the choir and she finds it hard work not least as it is entirely candle lit so there seems little air. And yes, the Stollen muffins went down well last year, and judging by my preliminary tasting this year's batch is better! And no, I can't understand your slower average pace. I presume your iron and vitamin D levels in particular are ok? 
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: a very muddy walk with Lucas in the sling carried by daddy this morning
    Why: family outing, weather was nice
    Last hard: that was, keeping upright was tricky especially for my oh who had the precious cargo.
    Lyrics: nope

Have a lovely evening all
  • Options
    No running for me (or Erica!)
    Swim after lunch
    Youngest now home.

AH: Read this as "18 mince pies and 2 dozen Stollen muffins this afternoon" eaten!  :D 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all I'll catch up properly tomorrow as a long post will take me into the next day! 
    What 5 miles
    Why long run for me
    Last hard that was
    Last rest 31/12/16
    So nice to have no work in the morning
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can