Options

The Thousand mile club - 2020

Comments

• Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Hobie: enjoyed the pictures. You're in a part of the country I don't know that well, so good to see them. Like others, we love to get our walking boots on but when it comes to running, I'm on the roads. 

TT: I was also counting Christmas lights last night. Get the impression people have gone early this year. 

2 x 5 miles to add. Sunday and Monday evenings. Cold last night, saw a road gritter doing its stuff. 

With a fair wind behind me, I hope to reach 1400 for the year, until retirement I suspect a figure that's unlikely to be seen again, working from home and the closure of the gym has given me considerably more running time. 

Ytd: 1285.5
  • Options
    Yeah those pictures should be viewed and compared with the one's Dubai posted of his neck of the woods.
  • Options
    Seems I forgot to add

28/11 - 6.40
    30/11 - 6.40
    01/12 - 7.25

(20.05)

YTD = 2173.81 miles
  • Options
    TT, I've been sticking to daylight of late but will make an effort to do a Christmas lights run at some point.

Excellent job, MrM2.

Hobie, I'm with Harmander and TT on this - lovely scenery but I'd fear for my ankles!

8 miles today - sunny and chilly, but rather nice - with some hill reps. Must admit I enjoyed it.

YTD: 1826
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words about the scenery I get to run  in, we are a little blessed. We get a lot of walkers and runners doing the path...I've got a silly idea that I want to do before the end of the year.
    Everyone doing some great miles. Cal easily heading for 2000, enjoying following your runs on Strava.
    Road run today for me.
    1397 miles YTD 
    140,449ft
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Hobie...?Silly idea?...not like you! Just about to pass1400'!
    Thanks Cal...8' with hill reps sounds tasty. About time I ran some hills.
    Thanks TT...Enjoy the Christmas lights...I still prefer daylight.

Only just ahead of the sunrise for the start of my run. Half the sky was pink. Nine miles with first half steady and second half brisk (four miles close to marathon pace) Confess to sleeves and legs this morning but feeling well overdressed by half way!

YTD: 2115' .
  • Options
    I noticed the sky was a little pink when I opened my shutters this morning but I went out much later. Weather forecast said sunny intervals but it was a lie - just cloudy and cold. Did 7 at recovery pace as legs were tired from yesterday.

YTD: 1834
  • Options
    It was nippy but (almost) bright sunshine at about 10:00 am when I did the 7.25 miles - might wear gloves tomorrow.

YTD = 2181.06 miles
  • Options
    5 this evening. Shorts, 'skin' tight top, technical t-shirt and rain jacket. Wooly hat but no gloves. 

Ytd 1290.5
  • Options
    Donnie, you're opposite to me - I'll wear gloves long before I'll stick a hat on my noggin. Likewise leggings. I'll have leggings on before I graduate from T-shirt to long sleeves.
    10 today in the rain so jacket on. Wore gloves but took them off half-way. Didn't look at my watch during this run and was a bit disappointed to see how slow I was once I'd got home - there must be a lot of fatigue in my legs because my stride length has gone to hell. Ah well, miles logged.

YTD: 1844
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Opened the door, wet, cold and dark, I can manage two but not all three. Two hours later still cold, wet and almost dark 0900!). Thermal legs, long sleeves, rain jacket, snood, gloves, thermal hat! Donnie2 I think my shorts are gym only till 2021. MrMr2 I was more underdressed than over.

Run was great, prog run ending at HM pace. 

YTD: 1375.36
  • Options
    Grim weather here, rain & I'm sure there was a bit of sleet, so jacket and hat...but still in shorts.
    Had to drop the car off for a service tomorrow in town so, took it over and tried to sneak in an 8 mile run home in my lunch break (if such a thing exists when working from home). Reverse plan for tomorrow to get it back...forecast worse.
    1412 miles YTD 
  • Options
    7.25 miles today.

YTD = 2188.31 miles.

Also check out the link below that a friend sent to me.

https://youtu.be/d43VWpMl7jA
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link Harmander. Just watched it. Very interesting.

Got out after the rain for a brisk 6'. Quite enjoying these shorter runs. O'all pace was 9:22/mile. Happy.

YTD: 2121' .
  • Options
    I quite like the Running Channel, Harmander. I'm still improving (well, for the mostpart...I'm in a low spot at the moment) which I guess is down to being a late starter.
    I did a 5K sandwich today - 2.5 mile warm-up, 3.11 hard effort and then 2.5 mile cool-down. The 5K effort was very disappointing as, despite going pretty hard, I could only manage a shade under 27 minutes. I ran just over 24 in June. I don't know what's happened to me, but I don't like it.

YTD: 1852
  • Options
    Great to see everyone doing so well...end of year closing in.
    I had the car to get serviced so an 8 mile run home after dropping it and then same the next day to pick it up. A couple of runs locally rounded off another 40 mile week, stunning frosty clear morning today.
    1433 miles YTD 
  • Options
    Well done, Hobie.

I really didn't want to go out today at all - I just felt tired and sluggish when I got up. But I kicked myself up the arse and went out just before 8 and did 12 miles. It was very slow, but considering I didn't feel like running at all, I'll take it as a win.

I'll have a couple of easier days before my 10K Wednesday evening. I am expecting a slow time, comparatively, but we'll see how it goes.

YTD: 1864
  • Options
    Cal, MrM2, I was just sent the link via WhatsApp, not sure where to find the Running Channel to be hones.  Any pointers?

Our club has been awarded an grant to get 100 young people into running so our members have offered participants to join them for an hour before their own training sessions.

We also secured 50 Community places at the Big Half on 25 April.

Since my last posting I have I have done:

04/12 - 7.25
    05/12 - 7.25
    06/12 - 10.48

(24.98)

YTD = 2213.29 miles
  • Options
    Youtube. I don't use a phone so I don't use any apps - just Youtube on my big old PC.
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Well done Cal...for getting out anyway! Hope your system livens up for the 10k. 
    Like you, I don't use a fancy phone but use the lap top to follow links or go to web-sites.
    Harmander... Well done on your club and community initiatives!
    Just seen that there is a new world record for the men's Half Marathon...57:32  (I'm OK with that for 10k!)

Really enjoyed getting out at 7:30 for my 14' morning run. Wasn't too long before the sun was up, and I was sheltered by the cliffs from the Northerly wind. So many swimming groups out today, and I lost count of the number of runners! Running mainly around 9:30/mile pace but picked it up for a four mile stretch on the way home....and then the Garmin went blank at 10'!!! Glad that I had my second watch with me, to record total time, but lost all the data (Again!)   Otherwise Happy.

YTD: 2135' .
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Follow-up to previous post...Have just been re-charging my Garmin and found that the data is still there...for 9.9miles...which is better than nothing. Confirms that my average pace was 9:30/mile, and shows that my speedier section was going well at just over 9min/mile pace.
  • Options
    Actually been enjoying the conditions!! Wind and rain are the conditions which keep me in doors. 

Over the weekend it's been

Fri - 10.0
    Sat - 6.2
    Sun - 5.0

Sunday was quite an effort. The Friday '10' was probably my longest run since the summer. Happy and planning to have a double figure run once a week. 

Short of injury I should hit my revised upwards 1400 target, which equates to 250 more than last year. I've said this before, but it seems A LOT more! 

Ytd: 1311.7
  • Options
    I’m going to be benched for at least a week - my knee issues just won’t go away, even just doing short runs, so I’ve decided that after 6 decent months of training my fitness can probably survive a week off to see if that makes any difference! After 48 hours it does feel much better, so fingers crossed.

Did 14 miles last week before giving in, so:

YTD 631
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Harmander your club does an incredible amount, amazing. Andrew sometimes taking a week off is the best idea, gives you a break and time to regroup. Have you a decent physio?

Cal have you been tested for the 'usual'? Iron? B12? Hypothyroidism? My GP was fantastic a couple of years ago when I went with my training diary and Garmin! 

Opened door this morning having waited till it was light, ice! On that treadmill for intervals.

YTD: 1381.86
  • Options
    TT - I've had 3 physio sessions in the past month. She's used shockwave therapy on the patella tendon and plenty of massage on the area. This doesn't seem to have made any real difference though, so I'm reluctant to keep shelling out 50 notes a go (and increasing my covid risk at the same time being in an enclosed room with someone else, even if both wearing masks!).
  • Options
    Has anyone followed the efforts in the last week of Kevin Sinfield raising money for MND, 7 marathons in 7 days and all sub 4 hours. Sinfield is an ex leeds rhino's rubgy league player and has had his awareness of MND raised due to long time team mate Rob burrows suffering from the disease. Has now raised over £2,000,000. Outstanding work, news coverage has had me in tears. Not sure how big a national story, but local news in the Yorkshire area have really promoted it. 

5 miles to add. 

Ytd: 1316.7
  • Options
    Thank you TT and MrM2 - we enjoy what we do and it is a momentum (not political) thing.
    Donnie - yes absolutely amazing.

Another 6.40 miles yesterday and an early 6.40 today making 

YTD = 2226.09 miles
  • Options
    To do the 7 in 7 for a cause is better than the  usual 10 in 10 & 20 in 20 often done by members of the 100 Marathon Club who do it for what seems racking up the numbers.

There is also the 777 - 7 marathons in 7 days in 7 continents - costing over £35,000 as entry fee.

When our clubhouse gets built, at least three of us from our club are going to attempt 50 in 49 - two the last day with an hour break.
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Andrew...Sorry that you have an injury. Recover well and come back strong.
    Donnie... Yes, What a great effort from Kevin Sinfield!! Amazing friendship and commitment.

Frosty run this morning but another beautiful sunrise. Seafront 8' flat, with a 5k effort on the return. (28:08)
    Shows that I need to work harder on the faster/shorter runs...and remember not to wrap up with so many layers! Well, it was sub-zero, but I soon warmed up. Not so many swimmers this morning but I did see one guy casually walking over the crunchy/frosty sand and straight into the sea, wearing only a pair of shorts!!

YTD: 2143' .
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Setting a time for a multiple marathon attempt seems to be the way to go, makes it much more of a challenge. Andrew sorry to hear that, has she given you any exercises? 

Too cloudy for a sun rise this morning, and definitely not too cold for many, many layers! It's now even colder.

YTD: 1389.26