New to the forums

Hi All, just introducing myself as a newbie. I discovered running fairly late in life (first 5k run was in my early 30's!) and have become hooked. After 4 years I'm now running olympic tris, plenty of 10k's and half marathons. I'm always trying to improve my pace - current PB is 43min 10k - but find I'm in a constant tug of war with injuries, and this gets truer as I get older! RUnning injury recovery and prevention is probably my biggest area of interest.

I'm here to meet other runners, learn more about gear and training techniques, and deepen my understanding of injury prevention through training, S&C, mobility work etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc!

Comments

• Hey man, nice to meet you. New here also. I've been running for about 10 years off and on but got really serious about it during lockdown. Since then been slowly increasing my mileage and trying to reach half-marathon distance. Got there a few weeks ago before breaking my ankle on a run so currently in recovery mode. Boooo! It's rubbish.

I'm 45 so also get niggles quite easily. Apart from the break I've managed to conquer consistent achilles problems with much slower and controlled mileage build-up and religiously doing stretch work and yoga.

My goal for recovery is to get back to a ten mile run by Nov/December and then I want to increase my speed, get my 10K down from a snail-like 55mins to sub-50 and start racing next year.
  • Hi, Ive just signed up and wanted to say hi too but cant post a new thread only reply. What gives? Sorry to hijack your thread. Hello!!!
  • GuarddogGuarddog ✭✭✭
    Hi Bigdave1980 and welcome to the forum. You have to post 10 times in existing threads before you can start a thread of your own. A tad annoying, but it goes some way to preventing some of the spam posts we're afflicted with.
  • Hi all!

Wow, your first 5k in your early 30s - impressive!

I am a keen runner, but really want to start getting into triathlons. Have any of you consider doing one?
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/Guarddog" class="js-userCard" data-userid="771050">Guarddog</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">Hi Bigdave1980 and welcome to the forum. You have to post 10 times in existing threads before you can start a thread of your own. A tad annoying, but it goes some way to preventing some of the spam posts we're afflicted with.</div>
    </blockquote>
    Gawd, I wish it would have said that on the welcome email. I’ve been pulling my hair out. But thanks for the clarification.

two down. <div>
    </div><div>Hello tramps!</div>
  • Don’t know why that’s full of html. I just quoted guard dog. Man not getting off to a good start. <div>
    </div><div>Tramps, I’m 40 and not run 5k since the school cross country. Which i sucked at. </div>