Morning!

Lyrics: I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightnin'
I see bad times today

Yesterday's were Cat Stevens, Moonshadow

Hoping that today's are wrong!

What: hopefully a short walk

Why: couldn't manage one yesterday
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Alehouse, hope all goes well today

What run to meet and walk with mate then run home - be about 3 run
    Why using time best way have to go in to work
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lyrics not ringing bells today
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Enjoy work, Wabo!

Re lyrics, lines 2 to 4 as the title is in the first line. And continuing the theme of the last few days...
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    No walk yesterday because you were waiting for GP to call or not feeling up to it Ale? It's pretty rubbish for you just now, hope things start to get better soon!
    Chick, good that the foot feels better, when do you go away?
    Feeling a bit unmotivated with never ending restrictions! Probably run up the hill at some point. 
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - Hope you soon feel better and get a walk done today.
    Els - I'm sure the hill running will help lighten the mood!
    Wabo - efficient time usage, well done!

What - Supposedly mile reps at 10k pace. I suspect it will be more tempo pace
    Why - Schedule, getting back in the groove
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Saturday
    Pleasingly both the 5k & 2k TTs last week helped lift mood and motivation. Sure they were hard work, but it was actually a good incentive. Just need to work on the "getting faster" bit!
    Oh and on the 2k TT, not sure I said it was part of a virtual club relay, teams of 4, cumulative times for the "fastest". 30 teams from across the club and my team only went and won it! Can't take the credit - I was the slowest but consistency counts, right?
    Our team ran 7.47, 8.14 (me), 7.09 and 5.49
    Must be an excuse for cake today, right?

• Options
    Well done, get that cake made Dustin! I have carrot cake traybake and Peter's welsh cakes here! You can have some!

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

A very slow mile walked with my stick. I suppose that counts as an improvement. Couldn't have done anything yesterday. 

And well done Dustin: top of the podium! The guy who ran 5:49 must be pretty decent! 
  • Options
    Positive I'd say Ale though not where you want to be!
    Slow run up the hill also, legs not recovered from weekend yet but good to get out.
  • Options
    Afternoon

Yep - does sound like progress Ale.  Good luck with the upcoming tests.

Let out some frustration on that hill Els.  Oh - cake yumm, might be inspired to make some Welsh cakes even if they are too late now.  Fantastic Feb mileage.   

Mile reps sound a bit ouchy Dustin.  Agree that a bit of speedwork or TTing helps with motivation every now and then.  Well done to your team and you as part of it as well!  Enjoy some cake.

Good to see WP yesterday. Hope your asthma improves quickly.

Great news on the foot chicksta - sensible approach - jealous of the thought of beach walking.

Good work on the intervals yesterday emzap.

What: Tuesday group?
    Why: well it is Tuesday
    Last hard: not getting sunburnt when sitting on the balcony for lunch - need to be careful
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: hmm - vaguely familiar