alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: The sirens are screaming, and the fires are howling
Way down in the valley tonight

Another creature!

Yesterday's: The Beatles with I am the Walrus

What: around 40 minutes

Why: sounds about right!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Lyrics no.
    Currently in two minds about going or not....seems a rather elite field.
    Enjoy your rum Ale.
  • Options
    And maybe run before rum!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Not keen on rum, Els. However other drinks are available.
    Hope you get to the event and enjoy it!

What: just over 40 largely off road, and at a slightly faster pace than usual

Why: run to feel 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Is your ultra today already Els, sorry I wanted to wish you good luck, hope you do go.

Like the typo, rum goes in rum butter or cake here but not normally in a glass.

40 mins sounds good Ale.

Think you have your 10k tomorrow WP, good luck

What: trundle on the bike in a bit
    Why: test my new helmet and running rest day
    Last hard: yesterday's hill fartlek, cruised the downs, and worked harder on the ups, all off-road and some traction issues on gravelly pebbles in places
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    A good event but I don't think it's for me. Too much time pressure every lap and I stopped after 5, too close to the cut off and didn't help that unsupported runners kept their drinks, snacks etc in a tent where everything was being blown about. The wind was strong up at the top leg as well. Left after a bit of meadering at 7 hours but going back in the morning to help out....provided there are still folk on the course! Not reached ultra distance for me but a good training run I guess!