Options

Injured for a year - hamstring tendonitis?

After running more of less continually for the last 20 years I haven't run at all for 12 months now and am having no luck with various therapies.
Basically the whole of my left leg seized up and I was put on naproxen by the doctor.  Have since seen an osteo, chiropractor and physio (who was rubbish - didn't want to work on my leg at all, just provide me with rehab exercises which I could have got from a book) through work insurance.  I also had an MRI scan and it came back with no slipped discs (possibly a bulging one) but they thought the main issue was hamstring tendonitis.  
The issue is though the pain, a dull ache that is on the lower half of my hamstring, not the top.  Just wondering if anyone could help or advise of any excellent therapists (I live in London)

Comments

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    That is truly awful and a very long time not to be able to run.   Sorry, can't help with finding you a therapist.   You really need a therapist that is experienced in running injuries.

I had an hamstring origin injury once, took a good 9 months to heal properly but I was able to run and manage it meanwhile.
  • Options
    It sounds like you've been through a lot trying to find relief. Since standard therapies haven't been effective, consider seeking out a specialized sports therapist or a physiotherapist with expertise in hamstring tendonitis. They may offer targeted treatments or exercises tailored to your specific condition. Wishing you a speedy recovery!