Options

Thursday 21st March 2024 - Walking down the sidewalk

Morning

Random lyrics selection - first 2 lines

Walking down the sidewalk on a purple afternoon
I was accosted by a barker

Might meet Dustin and others here!

Good luck with the appointment today Ale.

Thanks for the Peak District infos Dustin and OH.  Caving sounds like an idea - never been other than in big tourist caves but maybe I could find something for beginners..  Hilly bits are always interesting.

20k + gym is impressive Chicksta.

Someone I work for has occasional shingles outbreaks OH - it floors her too. 

What: long hill MLR
Why: practicing for upcoming race - will take it easy today though - will be about getting from the bottom to the top - maybe with a bit of marching on the worst bits - definitely need to practice that
Last rest: 20.03.2024

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: not today

Yesterday's were Scarborough Fair, notably by Simon and Garfunkel

What: limping to London

Why: for surgical opinion. And thanks for the kind wishes. Can't say that I am looking forward to this!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Hope you get some good advice Ale!
    Not sure I'd bother with the shingles vaccine when/if i get that old! Not done a lot in the peak district and I really love the lakes but can get very busy in holiday season, usually fine when you're out on the hills but parking etc can be bad.
    Still got this bug! Also 40mph winds but might do a brief run before yoga. Meeting friend for coffee beforehand, trying to persuade her not to hang up her trainers because of a sore knee, she's 20 yr younger than me!
  • Options
    40mph wind, due to get up to 60 tomorrow, blew round scapa!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Reasonably warm and sunny in London; sleeting when I left Stockport! Sitting around waiting for my 6 45 train. 
    Surgeon's opinion: in brief, no op, but that would be needed if tendon hasn't healed itself in 5 -6 months. Better than I had feared. If I were a young international athlete or footballer he would operate tomorrow! Hopes that I will be tentatively running in three months.  Always look on the bright side of life etc!!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Not all bad news then, Ale. Let's all cross fingers the tendon heals itself. 

Hubs had the shingles vaccine and it really knocked him for six. Worst vax reaction ever. He said if he'd known he wouldn't have taken it. 

Hope the hilly run went OK, Hazel. I should really focus more on hills. I do the same flat routes over and over again. Hills are hard to come by in my part of the world so there's always driving involved. 

10k run first thing. It was rather warm and I just about dogded a shower. 

No idea re. lyrics. 

• Options
    Good news I think Ale, but. Lot of patience required I guess.
    Chick....I don't think Peter would have that one again while being in general in favour of vaccination!
  • Options
    An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited March 21
    Much better today so at least  short lived side effects . Still wouldn't take another dose. Shingles itself may not be pleasant but is not usually life threatening.

Walk, double Pilates and Aqua-walk today.

Possibly better than expected AH (but worse than desired)

Peak District caves are big tourist caves with guided tours. Speedwell even has a boat. Certainly no caving experience, expertise nor personal equipment required.

Lyrics no but it might be about the big smoke.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited March 21
    Glad to hear all this about shingles jab, no way I'll have it. 
    Ale glad to hear your news, you're so good, you'll persevere I am sure. 
    Els I too still have some kind bug thing but I'm just back on my running now. Did hills tonight and 5 miles yesterday
    I just might manage 100 this month, we'll see
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - I guess that's a positive outcome, but will require saint like patience. You'll soon be back, I'm sure
    Chick - tidy run
    Hazel - decent MLR
    Els - I hope the bug soon passes
    OH - glad you're feeling better.
    Wabo - decent efforts after feeling poorly 

What - steady run lunchtime, 4k with 6x100 strideouts then kids (long jump) coaching tonight
    Why - finding time
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - part 2 today!
    lyric - I think so
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh I'm not glad you're floored by the jab, I'm glad I won't have it I meant.
    As for cartwheels, no never been able to. Quite shocked really cos I was such  a tomboy!! Just didn't do that kind of stuff
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can