Options

Curvaceous yet slinky saturday club

Comments

• Options
    exactly Psi exactly!

took me a while to post my details!

HS - ilike happyslug - i see the happy bit as you not the slug!
  • Options
    brill EP -i dont know how you can juggle work/family/study
    i can barely juggle myself and 2 cats!

whats your degree?

psi I am reading write now!
  • Options
    when is reading - depends on where I am playing hockey -but i really dont think i am going to be running a1/2 - 10k is as far as i want to go !
  • Options
    bune
    I'm impressed - juggling cats..its all I can do to manage three balls for a couple of minutes.
  • Options
    Bune, it's in March 2003. So you have plenty of time to either get ready to adopt a run/walk plan (as Benz did for the Cardiff Marathon) or, potentially, a "slow run with no walking" plan!

I absolutely guarantee that you wouldn't regret doing it. :)

• Options
    ooohhh techie
    is that internet type networks or general computer networks

im v interested in the internet and would love to work in it in some way

hows the weather there - forecast is -pooh
  • Options
    still playing hockey on 8th march - will be somewhere in the North of England!

keep saying 10 k 10 k 10k!

psi what did you think of britmilfit - i was thinking of looking at it after the hockey season
  • Options
    is it just me, or has anybody else noticed the ceiling starting to rotate?
    bettr crawl off to bed then.
    nite all.
  • Options
    Hi all
    fab tea, god i should ake up coking full time
    And Blues brothers on DVD!!
    Run /walk is great
    Means we can ALL cover any distance
    Think of it as a walk, with bits of running
    Why do I race?
    Not to win, I cant
    But my own personal challenge-yes
    Thats why i did a marathon, lifetime ambition
  • Options
    10 mile 10 mile

ugh - what bout somewhere in the middle of the land?

bet youll do other things before reading?

you not doing Brighton?
  • Options
    I'm seriously losing it here, it's a bit like spinning plates,

Bune,thanks for the happy,! I started running to lose weight, haven't lost any, but have a lot more respect for a body that can carry me 13 miles however slowly, and even if it doesn't look like Geri haliwell.
    with regard to internet, I echo you there, I'm about to start OU course in business management, because that's apropriate for my job, but I'm so seduced by www! I manage our little website at work and would soooo like to know more about webdesign..
    Ep what do you think? is 45 too old for IT career?

• Options
    Bune, it looks very similar to the basic but effective calisthenics and aerobic fitness stuff I do at work (obviously). It's clearly not just a "fake" fitness thing.

However, I personally wouldn't go to it of course - there's no point paying to do something I actually get paid to do! :)Similarly, I think a lot of people that do it might just as well be in the TA and earnt money for getting fit in their spare time, as well as learning new skills etc etc, instead of *paying* money and not even getting to play toy soldiers :)

However, if you have no intention of doing something like joining the TA but still want a "robust" workout, then give it a go. You'll either love it or hate it, I think.

Just a caution - the British Army's fitness instructors aren't some Full Metal Jacket screaming loonies, but don't expect them to be softies either. "Come on, put in the effort!!" comments are the stock in trade, as are the occasional (and sometimes very amusing) sarky jokes, etc :)
  • Options
    Benz wots 'coking'?

is it like 'line' dancing?

will be slow now as Nigellas on parky!
  • Options
    wheres tadley and bramley?

psi quite like working hard but dont like being the huffing fat chuffer at the back - still got my fewlish pride!
  • Options
    yous a serious racing runner EP - respect!
  • Options
    Bune, when I first joined my unit, I was one of the least fit people there. (I thought that being naturally slim, plus the odd bit of jogging, meant I was physically fit... ho ho ho! WRONG)

Then I got better. Now I'm amongst the fittest there, and am looking at doing the PTI qualification, amongst other things. But the point of all that stuff is this: you can only improve from being at the back, as I discovered. :)
  • Options
    Oops, maent COOKING
    cant type avec wine
  • Options
    Psi - I do appreciate that but its taking me longer to get out of my shell !

Benz is that like Maentwrog!
  • Options
    Stop it bune
    just cos you havent indulged!!!

HIC
  • Options
    Bune, if there's one thing that Army fitness instructors will do, it's bring you out of your shell; and the team spirit they encourage with things like team relays, etc, will make you feel good.

Based on what you've said I think you should give BMF a go. For some people I'd say "just join the TA" or "don't bother" but for you it could reap benefits IMO. :)