Options

cheque cashed today

Comments

• Options
    Hi maddog well you are as confused as me! From the messages it seems that some people who have not bequeathed their cheque have had it cashed so must mean they are in!! There is a strong possibilty that if your cheque has not been cashed then you are not in. So guess we will have to try and try again.
  • Options
    Hi All

Im one of the bequethers ( I think I was ) cheque has been cashed , not holding my breath though , only started running 15-18 months ago and have completed the FLM2002 & NY2002 , some people have said I should rest for a while , but getting itches feet , may run Paris is London falls through , will be 3rd marathon in calender year though
  • Options
    Getting in to one marathon would be a start for me!
  • Options
    Hi all,
    Rang the bank today having logged on to this thread yeasterday, and bloody hell I don't believe it, the cheque has been cashed and I know that I didn't bequeath. I don't want to get too excited until I get the proof but it looks promising. Was thinking of running Paris but now I might have to revise my plans!
  • Options
    Fingers crossed, llamaman
  • Options
    i wouldd like to say that mine has been cashed but i have not had chnace to look yet
  • Options
    good to hear that some of you have been succesful. Now would some one please tell me how to work this accuroute cd,this racetracks driving me mad. many thanks JK
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    What times did you do RomfordRunner in your 2 marathons?

There are some runners who just train for marathons-are you one of them? Ultra's maybe?

John Ketley, apparently you need to have maps of streets, off road etc to be able to use the accuroute cd effectively.
  • Options
    Vampire and I both bequeathed and both are cashed so everything crossed! Booked the hotel though, for 3 nights (Fri, Sat, Sun) so if it's not possible to get the numbers to the hotel (which I don't think will happen as there is no mention of it with the tour details) we will be able to go to the Docklands on the Friday to collect them.
  • Options
    I'm coming in late on this forum so apologies if this already answered. I've applied for the FLM every year since 1993. I've been successful 4 times. Every time I bequeath my entry fee. Every time my cheque is cashed around this time of year. I don't think that there is any relationship between date of cheque being cashed, whether you bequeath your entry fee, and whether you're successfulk with your entry. Sorry!
  • Options
    seems like if bequeathed cheques cashed on or around the 29th October, still no clearer to whether i am in or not.
  • Options
    Was the cheque for 23 pounds ? I forget how much.
    A cheque for this cleared my account 2w ago but I cannot remember if I bequeathed my fee or not !
  • Options
    What's the latest on this anyone? I've just read all the posts and now i'm anxious.
    I bequethed and cheque has been cashed - my brother didn't and his cheque has been cashed too! Aggghhhhhhhh.
  • Options
    As far as I can see if you bequeathed your cheque you're still none the wiser whether you're in or not. Everyone who bequeathed in our club have had their cheques cashed, those who didn't some have & some haven't. Logic suggests that if you didn't bequeath and your cheque has been cashed then you're in, but I'm not taking anything for granted until I get the 'you're in' magazine and bumf.
  • Options
    Totally agree with Llama Man. There's no way they are going to cash your brother's cheque when he didn't bequeath unless he's in (or unless there's been a human error).

So Michelle, I'd suggest well done to your brother and the bequeathers have to hold on till December.

G'luck

My Guide to Entering the London Marathon.
  • Options
    Being an inneficient soul I ahven't noted down which cheque I used, I have had a cheque for £25 cashed, but I have a horrible feeling its a £27 entry fee can anyone put me out of my agony and confirm what the unaffiliated entry fee was.

Peter
  • Options
    Oh dear Paris here I come, unless anybody wants to offer me a gold bond place
  • Options
    I did not bequeath my cheque and it was cashed at the beginning of this month. I hope this may shed a little light on things.
    Nick Arthur
  • Options
    Going of from the subject of cashing cheques, did anyone here do there first marathon after only 7 months of taking up running?

Can it be done?
  • Options
    Absolutely, I started training for my first marathon once my succesful entry in the ballot came through. I then followed the training schedule from Whizz-kidz who I ran for although not always to the letter. I hadn't run since messing my knee up on a 1/4 marathon on a summer cross country nearly 20 years earlier.

The good news is that once you have a goal such as the LFM it concentrates the mind wonderfully on getting on with the training. The big problem is that you are unlikley to get into a half marathon before the LFM as the best ones such as Bath are booked up. Same problem I had so don't worry about it. Increase your distances and pace sensibly, rest when your body feels like it needs it. You've got 16 weeks to build up in so no worries unless you are in a really bad way and your medic says don't do it.

On the day forget about running as fst as you can, enjoy the day so take it easy, I ran rock steady 10 minute miles and finsihed fresh as a daisy burning off enough folks over the last few miles to boost my ego and finished in 4h 18m.
  • Options
    I done my first marathon after only about five months of running. I started a 16 week training plan in May this year and entered Cardiff marathon in September and completed it in under 3 hr 39.

So, in answer to your question Chris, yes it can be done, it will help if you follow a training plan, e.g. one of the Runners World marathon schedules. Just keep up the training and eat healthy.
  • Options
    I ran FLM this year. When I entered in October I think I was up to running about 4 miles at a time so there is plenty of time to get fit enough to complete it.

No worries Chris !
  • Options
    Another powerful incentive is to raise sponsorship then you realise you can't afford not to finish so you keep on training
  • Options
    thanks guys for the responses, now I am also suffering a little from shin splints at the moment (which may hinder my progress) - can I run through them, do you think or should i rest them - have tried resting them and they keep coming back....
    I stretch and warm up properly and I have invested in the right trainers and even run on soft surfaces - what else can I do?

• Options
    Chris,
    I suggest that you take this stuff to another forum. There's plenty of stuff on shin splints and if you've got specific questions then you could start your own. You can run through them but it hurts a lot.
  • Options
    Llama,

apologies for clogging up your forum - new to all this.
  • Options
    One good thing about NY was the fact that you could check on the website to see if you were successful or not..... saved all the waiting... plus I'm going to be away first 2weeks dec so I won't know if I was successful or not.

Gavin