Options

First 1/2 Marathon

1937938939940941943»

Comments

• Options

Sorry about that, not been about much the last week (moving offices)

Marathon was amazing, had a great time.

Was aiming for 4 1/2 hours, but could tell @ 9 while sitting under a tree it was going to be too hot for me this year to get my time.  So being my first marathon i decided to take it easy and enjoy it.

Took me 5:06 but i felt great at the end, and watched people flake out all around me in the park (making me feel much better about taking it easy).

I am planning to do a tri later this year and a quad next summer, so if running a marathon fits in with that training then i will do the next London marathon, if not then i might have to leave it until 2011.

Anyone whos reading this and never run the london marathon i cant recomend it enough!

• Options
    I know this thread is now inactive but I thought it was the best place for me to say congratulations to LMH for her amazing performance for Team GB!

LMH - I have no idea if you'll see this but I just read your report and wanted to say what a brilliant effort it was and how blown away I am by your achievement (that's for the Tri not the report but that was a monumental effort too!).

I haven't been on RW for a while but I remember how good it used to be posting on here and thought I'd use it as a way of saying hello and well done.

I hope you, Mark and Grace are all well and I'll drop you an email soon to say hi properly (and maybe to arrange to see you all again).
  • Options
    Hi App! How lovely to 'see' you. Thank you. How are you? What are you up to? Please do mail, we'd love to hear from you.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options

Have needed to search for this thread so dragging it  from obscurity but remember how much support and friendliness on this thread,

Is anyone around? Miss Piggy Wiggy? I remember  . . Daz?  LMH (well done on the tri - seems so long ago that you were thinking about this . . may need to catch up)

Let us know what you are up to.  I am maybe doing a few 10ks this year to get back my love of running as the old mojo disappeared completely this year image

• Options
    Hi EP - I'm usually found on Shades thread in the training section these days, very supportive and you don't need to be running a marathon to be made welcome.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Germicidal suffering due to coronavirus, lets not panic everything is going to be ok. If you have any of the mild symptoms observe your body if you think it's mid-serious then call the emergency number or a doctor u may know. Anxiety can make even the littlest things seem worse so let's just Calm down and breathe and try to find a solution. God Bless All.
    https://kryptolights.com
  • Options
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/Simon%20Spicer" class="js-userCard" data-userid="123772">Simon Spicer</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">Gez, how daft do i feel now?

Thanks found it now, went for the beginers one ;)

Quick replies too.

I am new to running so will probably be posting quite a bit in the next few months.

Hoping to do a full marathon next year.

If you have any random tips or advice you want to throw at me then feel free.

Thanks again for the quick and helpful reply</div>
    </blockquote>
  • Options
    Ran first half marathon yesterday, had planned a 5mile loop back to house at 9.50 pace but felt good and kept going... completed the half in 2.00.24, only ran a 5k last wk 19.46 and running started with a charity 10k in Manchester last month 45.45 without any pre training, I'm 40 play 5 a side footie and have active job! 
    Now looking to get more serious! 

Ive Read about doing different types of runs long at slower pace speed and hill work,
    I'm looking to get a sub 40 10k and run marathon next October not sure on goal yet... ,any tips to trainings would be most welcome!