Options

Friday 21st May

Hmmm...

What: 45 min jog down to Treadmill's house to pick up car at 6am

Why: cos I need it to take kids on school trip and it's all I'm doing for a week to get the freshness back (shake n vac won't work).

Last hard: too much

Last rest: Saturday

Happy weekend tapering.

Comments

• Options
    b*gg*r - knew I should have typed faster
  • Options
    have you tried base typing Mike:)?
  • Options
    Morning............

What: Half hour easy (as I feel)
    Why: Easy day as Southern Men's League Decathlon on sat
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest: 18 days
  • Options
    Morning!

What: 40 min easy, done
    why: tapering for White Peak half tomorrow
    Last hard:Sunday
    Last rest:Yesterday

Pleased to find RHR back to pre injury level.

Lovely morning if somewhat chilly to be going out dressed in next to nothing.
  • Options
    Looks like I've overslept again!

Morning.

What: 4M recovery run done
    Why: Massage tonight & need to remind my legs what running in the morning's is all about :-)

Last hard: good question!
    Last rest: 7 days

HR has been high after having those 6 day's off, which really supprised me as I feel quite good.
  • Options
    Morning all,

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.

What: 8.5 miles nice and easy
    Why: I guess you could call it a taper for next weekend
    Last hard: Thursday's interval session
    Last rest: Saturday

When I was completing the 30 sec sprint part of my session yesterday two cars wound their windows down and shouted "go on" "give it some" or something like that. Now I could see that they were heading into stationary traffic ahead. So after my next rest I found myself sprinting past the same cars from where the "encouragement" had materialised. I noted with some amusement that their windows stayed firmly shut eyes not looking my way. Tee Hee!!
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

It was a tad nippy this morning but the sun is now out and looks like for another hot day!

A nice 7.868 run steady does it it felt fab I am so pleased with how the running is going at the moment.

Good luck Barbara for tomorrow look forward to race report.

Have a good day out there
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Morning All,

Mike S, judging from your current 5k form I'd say you're on to annihilate your 5M and 10k PB's in very short order.

Stifler, I know you didn't get the time you wanted, but well done for going as hard as you could.

Stranded, congrats, sounds like you and Treadmill are both well on the way back to form.

BR, laughing hard enough to send very hot coffee shooting up my nose ;-)

What: nowt
    Why: always take a day off on Friday
    Last hard run: Sunday
    Last rest day: Wednesday

Had an eye-opening experience at the interval session last night. It was 6 x 800m on grass with 60 sec recovery, I just did every other effort as I'm racing on Sunday and having an easy week to boot. Saw some of the quick lads doing their stuff, the chap who won the Notts AAA Summer League race on Wednesday night, flat 5M round Holme Pierrepont in 24:40, turned out and still kicked the pants off everyone despite having raced the previous evening. Amazing ;-)
  • Options
    Hi!

Got out of bed on the wrong side this morning - dreamt that I got to training which took me an hour, and everyone decided that they would start and finish earlier, so I missed the session. Anyway,

What: 5 and 3 miler under 140bpm
    Why: Showdown in Manchester 10k on Sunday
    Last Hard Run: 11.35am yesterday
    Last rest day: 27 Days ago
    Next rest day: Tomorrow - hoorah!!!!
  • Options
    Logging on at just-gone-midnight just so you can get the first post in is sad!

Whatt: 5X20 press-ups, 35 mins run.
    Why: Losing fat still.
    Last hard: Monday!
    Last rest: Yesterday.
  • Options
    BodBod ✭✭✭
    What - Maybe something, maybe nothing

Why - Derby 10k on Sun and Quiz mastering school quiz tonight - Fave question "Kauai, Maui, Molokai, Oahu and ??? are the names of the 5 largest Hawaiian Islands?

Last rest 11 days
  • Options
    Morning,
    A bad week continues. First thing this week, my left foot is still hurting over 50mins, Wednesday I slightly pulled my right calf and last night I circuit trained and a blister has really flared up on my right foot. Hopefully my crutches will arrive in today's post.

What:nothing
    why: need to recover for 14k race on Sunday
    Last hard: Last night
    Last rest: Monday.

Have a good weekend.
  • Options
    Morning All

Up at 0500 to run with my club after getting to bed at 0110 after "several" beers, still on the brightside the hangover didn't kick in until after the run!

What: 13 miles done
    Why: Comrades schedule
    Last hard: Today?
    Last Rest: Wednesday

Enjoy your running
  • Options
    Morning

BR: have I read that wrong or you taking a WHOLE week off? If so....probably a good decision although I'm sure it'll be agony!

Smashy: good luck in my home town :o)

What: 5-6 miles easy
    Why: busy day tomorrow- see below!
    Last hard: Weds
    Last rest: 3 days

Got an "interesting" day ahead tomorrow although not quite on a par with MikeB's decathlon!

Got a 9:15 start for the "parents race" at the Salisbury Schools mini marathon- not quite as easy as it sounds as at least 4 of us from the club are doing it and it *might* get a little competitive :o) Consists of a fairly hilly 2.3K cross country route and I don't think I'll be able to show my face if I don't put in a good performance! Shortly after than Niamh is making her competitive debut in the under 9's race so I'll ne doubt be hoarse by the end of the morning!

Then it's off to Abingdon for my first ever track meeting to do the 5000 and 1500. Just aiming not to come last!

Have a good day!

• Options
    Morning folks,

What: 45 mins easy

Why: Determined to get a sub 45 at the Brasher jobbie...

Last Hard: Sunday 13M.

Last rest: Tues

Come on the weekend!!

• Options
    Dubai Dave - you're now my hero...
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Morning all

What: Half an hour's base typing.
    Why: recommended by BR, so it's got to be a good idea.

Kidding aside, it was supposed to be the third of longish runs this morning in prep for Potts. But it's not going to be a run of any sort at all.

Why. The tender spot on achilles was making it's presence felt. Oh yes, I've started runs, even longer runs, feeling about like this many times, but I have a nagging suspicion that the ache has become more persistant and harder to disperse. I am mistress of denial, indeed to a certain extent have to be, but:

Potts is important, but nothing like as important as the return to China in August. Ergo,

I am handing the trainers to the neighbour for safe keeping for a week, after which the situation will be reviewed. After the next installment of GCSE Chinese exam next Thursday, I will allow myself a run, as a celebratory treat, and see what comes of it.

Given that I am an old crock in doubtful health, I will not worry about keeping fitness up. Hit the books, clear the desk, spend the would have been running hours flat on my back, three times a day massage, ice and ibuprofen gel, and see if I can rid myself of this.

Deliver us from temptation, ok, so don't go looking for it. I may not spend much time lurking here during the next week.

Wishing you all the very very best in running in my absence!
  • Options
    sven27sven27 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

What: Rest Day.

Last hard: Yesterday

Track session last night. 15 x 200 off 90 secs in 27/28 secs average.
    Pleased with session as I thought I would only do 30s. From past experience I know my third or fourth set of 200s session, going into the summer, are usually a lot faster by a second or two and the last 2 years I used to do only set of 8, so by the time I do them in 26 I should be ready to break my pbs over 800, 1500 & 5k.

Tomorrow I will probably do a 1200m time trial.
  • Options
    BR, hope you don't find the week off too traumatic!

Zill, good work last night.

Did a good 7 miler last night, hip niggle decreasing but still present. Not sure if I should run tonight or give it another rest day. Grrr.

Still, at least it's the weekend!
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Add me to the list for not doing much today.

What: 30 mins easy
    Why: White Peak Half tomorrow
    Last hard: 8 days
    Last rest: 6 days

Have a good one.
  • Options
    morning all,

What: Gym and swim session (30 minutes on rower, 2 x 15 leg extensions and leg curls, 2 x 30 leg presses, 20 minutes on bike, 2 x 15 lateral pulldown, lateral raise, seated rower, chest press, shoulder press, 3 x 15 lower ab crunches, 2 x 30 squats (with weights), 2 x 30 lunges, 2 x 30 press ups, 30 minutes hard aqua running).
    Why: Working on building and maintaining strength and stability.
    Last run: 6 days (Saturday)
    Next run: 15 days.

Rest day today - off to the Oval to see Surrey suffer against Middlesex. Good luck to those racing over the weekend.
  • Options
    what? newt
    why?white peak 2morrow
    good luck all racers tomorrow and il c u all there!
  • Options
    What? Nowt
    Why? Got a hot date.. woohoo!!!

:-)
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning

Had a couple of 5-6 milers at the start of the week, but felt shattered, so after two rest days, went out for an old favourite 8.6mile route this morning not run since last summer.

Clocked just inside the hour (59:20) so just outside my best time and I thought I was just 'steady' running.

Just goes to show that rest does sometimes pay dividends rather than clocking up the miles ;-)

Enjoy the Weekend!

:D
  • Options
    Afternoon all,

What: zilch
    Why: Fridays are for drinking, not running.
    Last rest: Monday
    Last hard: see below

Still struggling with exercise and complete lack of energy. All runs seem to be hard at the moment and I end up walking. Can't remember the last time that happened. Even today, a rest day, I'm sitting here thinking that my legs feel pretty weak. Might take a rest over the weekend and see if it clears up. Or maybe a gentle jog just to keep the legs turning over.
  • Options
    Morning!

what: 18k slowly. I am still unable to run faster.

Best of luck to Smashy and all racers!

Have a great weekend!
  • Options
    Good afternoon - hurrah, nearly the weekend.

Stickless - hope your week's not too frustrating. Keep lurking and letting us know how you are.

Good luck with the date, Dandy. Let us know all (well, maybe not ALL).

Went down to running club last night after many months away, only to find the plodders now go out at 6pm and not 6.30. Faster peeps encouraged me to go with them but, after the first 200 yards, all I could see was their dust. They said they'd keep waiting for me but that seemed very unfair on them so I opted for a little jog on my own. About 3 miles, I think. Lovely riverside path, past 1,000-yr-old abbey ruins and back through woods. Hadn't done that route for ages. No idea how long it took but it was a nice, sunny evening and thoroughly enjoyed little self. Diary note 6pm next Thurs!

Today could be a rest day or a 3-mile jog. Depends whether I decide to do long run Sat or Sun.

• Options
    Hi everyone.

Still feeling very tired.

Last nite did a track session after lots of talk about just taking it easy over the next few days due to the disappointment of askern. Did 3 sets of 3 200's (9 total) and did them in 26's/27's and a few quick ones in 25's.

What: This morning did 8 miles easy fartlek running for about 52 minutes, but the efforts were fairly hard. Ran on lovely up/down terrain over the common's in lincoln. Should take some pics and send them for that rave run part in the RW Mag!

Why: Because im an idiot.

Last Hard: Yesterday

Last Rest: 23 days.

Going to the gym in an hour or so and may fit in an easy run this evening.

• Options
    Afternoon all,

What: gym session done, 10 mile easy jog later
    Why: strength building
    Last hard: 30.11.03
    Last rest: 34 days

Good luck all weekend racers
  • Options
    Afternoon all!

Good luck at White Peak everyone, I´ve spectated there before and there´s always a great atmosphere.

What: 25 mile bike, riding into a storm which then followed me all the way home, mmm, lovely. It was sunny when I set off! Meant to be a recovery ride but ended up being a bit of a battle with the elements. Swim later.
    Why: tri training
    Last rest: Monday
    Last hard: yesterday