Options

Friday 11th June

Morning all,

What: travel to Holland for 15K race tomorrow, plus short run with others.

Why: it's free & a PB is on :-)

Last hard: Brussels 20K

Last rest: 28 day's

Resting HR this morning dropped to 37, getting fitter :-)

Back Sunday, race & train well all.

Comments

• Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Have fun in Holland Tim, look forward to the report.

I'll publish it now, and then I'll be more inclined actually to do it.

What: swim.
    Why: it's still possible, and I've neglected it this spring.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts. It does make a startling difference.
  • Options
    Morning

Have fun in Holland BT.

Enjoy your swim Stickless x

Just back from a 4.5 mile run - it's a mere 18° out there, what a relief after the last couple of days!

• Options
    Race well Tim

What: 2 steady runs

Why: so I'm fresh for important sessions tomorrow

Last hard:Weds

Last rest: 27 days
  • Options
    Morning,

URR, well raced, enjoyed the report as usual. Take care with that thigh.

Hope the race goes well BT!

What:gentle stroll with the dog

Why:had intended running this am after another gruelling, BMF session last pm, but my body has more respect for it's age than my mind does.

Last hard: last night
    Last rest:Monday
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: Nothing apart from work
    Why: Tapering
    Last Hard: Sunday
    Last Rest: Tuesday

Race strong in Holland Tim, bring back that pb.
  • Options
    URR,another good run. That sub 35 has got to come soon:)
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Tim come back with that PB we are all know you can do it;-)

Was to be 8-9 miles but made it to 4 miles when i felt very ill and thought I would be sick:-( so had to walk for 2 miles but kept trying and finally able to run the 2 miles home.Not sure what it is but not really been myself this week but onwards and upwards.No breakfast for me today!!!!

I am off to get new trainers I seem to have worn one of my 2 pairs out they are not that old either;-)

Happy running and racing out there!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Good luck Tim

happy shopping WP--hope you feel better soon

My base training continues
  • Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Good Morning

What: 18 min AM done, 19 min eve planned
    Why: Get back into running to rebuild aerobic base.
    Last Hard: March 2004
    Last Rest: 5th June 04

Good luck Big Tim.

• Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Good Morning.

Race well Tim!

Keep up the good work Hippo!

Hope you feel better soon WP, nothing worse than feeling sick especially when running.

What:I'm not 100% sure and things could change, but at the moment I'm thinking 10 miles run followed by 5 miles cycle.

Why:maintaing aerobic base until I can start building it again properly without sign of injury-it's getting there slowly!

last hard:Wed
    last rest:swim on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Morning

Some good stuff going on well done to all

Race well BT

Not been on much this week as Ive only done 6 miles due to very bad hay fever and its really knocked me back but decided to get up early this morning and put in some miles and happy too!

What: 18 miles

1.5 mile warm up : 11:20

15 miles aiming at 7m/m learning to pace!
    5 miles : 33:46 too fast
    5 miles : 34:41 getting there
    5 miles : 35:00 Cant get any closer than that!

1.5 miles cool down : 11:38

Really pleased more of a confidence booster due to a bad week and happy with pacing1

Why: Marathon training

Last Hard: Sunday

Last Rest: All week really

Now of to spend the day at Chessington World of Adventures - and the sun is out!!!
  • Options
    BT have a good run

Got to the track last night only to find that they had cut the grass and the track was gone aaarrrggghhhhhh. So ended uo just running round the field 15 times at my best estimate of 400m.

Managed to establish a max heart rate of 192, my resting heart rate is 42. Now what? I've worked out my "zones" as it says in the instruction book but am at a loss as to what to do next. A purchase from a book shop perhaps...

Today

What: Nothing
    Why: Work / IT course and I could well do with a rest
    Last hard: Thursday
    Last rest: Saturday
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Take care WP. Hope you feel up to a midmorning snack later.

Very impressive Speedie!

Just to say I did get out there and swim. It had been a while, but some of my old pals were there, even going back to sticky days. They shoved over and made room for me in the learner's pool so I could do my exercises.

Bought a 10 swim ticket, trusting to the miser in me to make sure that I don't waste a one of them.

• Options
    good luck in holland tim.

good running speedie! have fun at chessington (nice day for it - i'm feeling positively envious)

i'm off to look at a possible new car :-)
    then some cycling. then off to edinburgh with venom and susiebee for the marathon relay
  • Options
    Morning all

BT: good luck! a "once in a lifetime" opportunity maybe? ;-)

URR: another great effort last night!

Speedie: respect!!! 18 miles already!

What: 7 miles easy tonight
    Why: Club "pub run"
    Last hard: Weds
    Last rest: 8 days

Have a good day :o)

• Options
    Morning,

Have a good race Tim!

WP hope you feel better soon.

Impressive pacing Speedie, particular those last 5 miles...!

Easy run planned for this evening after double session yesterday, which ended with superb 1 hour evening run up on the South Downs with club mates. It was bliss, you could see for miles and miles, and twice we actually stopped, just to stare at the view. Closest thing to running heaven :)

Race, run, recover well this weekend.
  • Options
    sven27sven27 ✭✭✭
    Morning all.

Last night ran Birmingham Rowheath 5k. I have run it 3 times and won all 3 in past 2 years with times 15.15, 15.06 & 15.01. So was looking for about sub 15.10.
    It was quite windy and set off in lead in tandom with a Coventry runner.
    Reached roughly halfway in about 7.30 mins so bang on schedule what I have past that point in my previous races.
    Things started to go pear shaped come the last mile, a team mate who I normally beat came surging by to take the lead and pick up the pace, then went the Coventry runner. The Coventry runner looked strong and forged ahead and I just wanted to finish now, with about 400 to go my team mate began to slow and I passed him and was too much of a gap now to catch the Coventry runner and settled for 2nd.
    Crossed the line, stopped the watch, 15.23.
    Dissapointing time, as i hope to run 14.45 b4 the summer is out but it is a long way from 15.23.
    I suppose patience is the key.

today: steady run for about 6/7 miles and some leg strengthening work at the gym.
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Have a good race Tim.

What: am 5m easy, pm 8m steady
    Why: endurance training
    Last hard: last night
    Last rest: 13 days

Have a good one.
  • Options
    Morning all,

Race well BT

Sven - yep, patience is the key (I'm sure you know how sometimes it all just falls into place though). Well done

URR - another great run and report (Am I the only one worried about how they will be described if they ever race URR....)

What: gym at lunchtime, 10 tonight
    Why: strength building
    Last hard: Wednesday
    Last rest: 55 days

Have a good one
  • Options
    Will go for a little jog later, just to get my confidence back (not run since Sunday's abortive effort).

Then rest tomorrow and then a half on Sunday - eeeek! :-)
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Morning folks,

What: Steady 5 miles.
    Why: Rebuilding mileage after FLM and learning to pace myself. Did same route last night as on Wednesday - Wednesday's was a tempo session and I managed to run last night's about 5 minutes slower. Pace worked out to about 9:15/mile which felt slow, but isn't really slow enough to be a true recovery session - need to be around 9:30-10:00/mile for that.
    Last hard: Wednesday.
    Last rest: Tuesday.

WP, hope you feel better soon: don't go pushing yourself, now!

BT - Good luck in your race.

Sven - still time to get that sub-15:00. Some days it just isn't happening - that's the same for all of us regardless of level of ability.

Am being taken away for the weekend as it's my birthday Monday, so looking forward to a nice relaxing one!
  • Options
    Just one of those days Sven:(
  • Options
    Morning,

Good luck to racers over the weekend.
    One step closer to diagnosis, GP said I can have an x-ray.
    Why: Hard ride and hard circuit session yesterday have finished me off for the week.

Have a good weekend. Anyone in the Midlands area on Saturday-our club is organising the Stourbridge Stumble (10km'ish, multi terrain) 6pm start. Mail me for details.
  • Options
    Hey, have a good birthday Minks

URR - another top class run and race report!

Matt - Glad you've got that X-ray now

Big Tim - good luck!

What: 5 miles easy run, 20 mile steady cycle ride tonight
    Why: Been feeling a bit wheezy over the last couple of days, so not going to push it. Not sure if it's an infection or something to do with pollen.
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: 15 days ago

Have a good weekend , all!

• Options
    Morning all.

Good luck with the 15K, Tim. Good idea - the only PB's I can manage at the moment are at weird distances. ;-)

Stickless and others with back issues - lots of sympathy. And for WP too - it's well known that a flash new pair of shoes is the ideal treatment for nausea.

Fine effort, URR. And Sven - well done - sounds blooming quick to me!

MtB - well done your GP. Let's hope you get a good diagnosis.

I'm probably going to hit the tready at the gym tonight, having had cricket on Wed and a rest night last night. Lots of sprint reps in two or three batches, I think. Whilst humming (or even singing) an extremely happy tune. The weekend will see my first proper attempt at upping the distance since the lay-off. But more of that later.

Have fun.
  • Options
    "...but you're still gonna have to serve somebody". I think that's the next line in the lyrics.

Why: Friday
    Last hard: squash court last night
    Last rest: Monday

Distinct lack of energy at the moment. Not sure if it is the weather or me. Impressive performances by lots of others, though.

Have a good weekend.
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

Well, I've just been lurking for the last few days, as there doesn't seem to be much point in posting when I'm not running...

Last night was my first run in 9 days, with my continuing problems with the muscles round my hip, I thought I'd take a bit of time off and hope it heals. Did an easy 5 miles last night - and my hip is exactly the same as it's been for the last four weeks :-(

So, running on it doesn't make a difference, not running on it doesn't make a difference, and getting a very thorough massage and ultrasound from the physio doesn't make a difference. Fast running out of options here!

Off to Edinburgh for the marathon relay this weekend - I only have to do 6.5 miles so that won't be a problem (although will be uncomfortable). Then think I'll have to have a chat with my physio when I get back!

Hope everyone has a good weekend though, and good luck to everyone who's racing.

v
  • Options
    Taking it steady and looking forward to big team outing to Welsh Castles Relay this weekend.

Good to see you mending quickly Hilly.

Sven - your spring training was pretty fragmented I recall, and there's still plenty of summer left to get your target.

I entered Berlin marathon yesterday. Feeling excited about it - have set myself dream of 2h45 if I can stay clear of major problems.

pb is 4h46, so I should at least beat that if nothing else!
  • Options
    Afternoon,

Good luck Tim in race

What: Left leg still quite sore and unlike last time am not running on it until either no longer sore or doctor has given me greenlight (seeing him on Monday)

Simon
  • Options
    Afternoon!

Back from my 12k steady run.

Big Tim, best of luck! You are becoming international!

Speedy recovery Poppy, Venom, Stranded and anyone I amy have forgotten.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!