Options

Friday 11th June

2»

Comments

• Options
    What: 9m meant to be general aerobic, whatever that means. On course for 57m this week.
    Why: Says so on the schedule.
    Last hard: Don't seem to be doing anything hard, just lots of miles.
    Last rest: 8 Days, although I feel like one.

• Options
    BodBod ✭✭✭
    5 days consecutive running and am really happy with ankle, still a bit sore walking but absolutely fine on runs. Today and yesterday stayed near Bestwood Park, a really nice hilly park on the site of a former colliery. 7.5m yesterday in evening hot teatime sun, 8.5m this am at 0700.
  • Options
    What; 9 miles ish in the cool coll coo of the evening
    Why; coz the man says so and it was actually pleasant out there
    Last hard; Too far back to remember
    last rest; last saturday

Looks like it may even turn to rain, work tomorrow but might sneak down to see Pantman for a canter round Trossley in his wake,
  • Options
    matt
    see you at stourbridge

14 days and counting
    ow
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    I would like to thank all you lovely runners for your concern due to me not feeling well!!

Special mention To Stickless you have not had an easy time and still had the time to wish me well Thank you!!!

Swerve -yes new trainers helped well i did get 2 pairs;-)

Anyone run the 2 castles relay in Wales?? just got emergency phone call from coach at club all the best lady athletes have cried off(suprise suprise) so I have pulled the short straw again!!!

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Nice wee 5 mile run around Beecraigs Country Park.... last run before my marathon..

Have a good weekend all; see you on Sunday.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Good luck Doaldo
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Sorry missed an n out

Good luck Donaldo
  • Options
    WP - I think Monique did it last year, as did a few other forumites. there will be a thread on it ... somewhere ...
    should be good fun, is a race I've always wanted to do .

Well, did my five mile run and 20 mile bike today, difintely something wrong with my chest, as I'm getting puffed easily, but otherwise I feel fine.

Failed to look out of the window before going on the bike ride, thought I was doing really well as on the first leg of the our 19 mile circuit (8 miles in a straight, flat, line) as my speedo was reading between 25 and 30 mph, with a heartrate around 160-165. Then we turned the corner to cross the river for the homeward run... well, it is always windy here but today there were waves on the river and the wind which had been my friend on the outward stretch was now making me grovel along at 14mph as I returned. Still managed 1.02 for the 19 miles, but it was a struggle. I am meant to be going for a v. long run tomorrow and, er, not sure if my knees are up to it!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Very late post from me. Well done everyone on some great efforts today.

Hope those injured heal very soon, including me and those not feeling well, get well soonn!

Did 12 miles run and 30 mins turbo with no adverse effects on my leg, so fingers crossed for continued improvement!

• Options
    evening all

must be brief

9.3K in 38:01

felt stiff & weary still from Wednesday
  • Options
    What? Nothing, had to take a day off
    Why? Rest

Elvan Abeylegasse broke the women 5k world record in Bergen today and beat all the other world class Ethiopeans. 14:24.68 is the new mark. Seen her running in the European XC giving Paula R. a hard time. Her running style is pars excellence.
  • Options
    popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    What - rest
    Why - feeling a few aches and pains in the legs but also knackered. After getting in in the evening managed to get the twins fed, bathed and in bed but was just about collapsing with tiredness so just stuck the "lion king" video on for our 5 year old and passed on the settee, woke up about 5 minutes ago.
  • Options
    Popsider - that's me every night, as well(obviously, without the twins or Lion King tho') - I blame the cycling personally, I was never this tired when I ran!
  • Options
    Hello

Not been posting cos I have been a lazy sod. Did an easy 3miler on Monday but apart from that, nothing till today.

What: gym
    2k row
    Then pyramids on said rower:
    2, 4, 6, 8 (x 100).
    My absence made itself known by having to take lots of breaks. One on the 2k (very brief) and then long rest breaks on each pyramid interval. Defeats the object I know, but it is done and I will do better next time.
    Elliptical cycle: 25 mins.
    Worked out legs.

Last hard: Week ago yesterday
    Last rest: yesterday.