Options

"not an alternative to the curry night but as well as the curry night" night

Comments

• Options
    There is quite a nice place opposite the Pillars of Hercules in Greek Street. I've eaten / smoked sheesha there. You sit on those uncomfortable low seats, and share food from a large round table (also low to the ground).

Quite fun, and one suggestion, but I'm sure there are many other places.
  • Options
    Ongey- I think that's the one I went by.

Just remembered- are you familiar with "Souk" at 27 Litchfield Place? I just remembered that I went there a couple of years ago, very atmospheric, does killer couscous, etc. Can't remember the prices, or if it's still any good, but the interior is fab, very authentic, I think one could sit properly, they do shisha, caters for people up to groups of 35, ac. Nearest tube: Leicester Square, it's toward Covent GArden.

...hope we can make it, we're driving up to Scotland on the 21st or 22nd April (Lochaber).
  • Options
    Moomoo, I went to Souk a few years ago. Food was good, but the place is very cramped (admittedly we were a large group, and it was Xmas party season).

After Wagamama's last night (good food, deliberately (annoyingly) uncomfortable), choosing somewhere with a relaxed ambience to eat/drink/chat would be nice.

As for killer cous-cous (clears throat):

Quick and easy recipe for post-run refuel:

Finely chop two tomatoes, put in saucepan with olive oil and fry gently.
    Add some oregano, garlic, and chilli
    Add a small tin of tuna, a handful of black olives, and one chopped cougette (and perhaps also a chopped red pepper).
    Prepare cous-cous with correct amount of boiling water, minus a bit.
    Top up the 'bit' with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
    Sprinkle on ground mint (the most important ingredient of this recipe!) and gently stir into the cous cous.
    Ready in 5 minutes, serve and refuel with smile on face!

• Options
    Cool! Except I do the couscous itself the lazy way: couscous in bowl, splash of olive oil, spices, pour boiling water from kettle, mix about, put tightly fitting plate on top, leave until you think it's done, mix in stuff. Great for summer stuff with yoghurt/chopped mint/cucumber, if so inclined.

Souk: I think it was almost empty when I went, so I can imagine it getting cramped when busy!! I liked it, tho, and thought the service was good.
    Wagamama: I like the food too, shame about the benches a la "Shawshank Redemption" dining hall, but I guess after a certain amount of drinks it doesn't matter- good way of getting a rapid rotation of places!!
  • Options
    {sniff} - I wanna go- You can all go to wagamamas again in April.- and we'll do moroccan in May ;-)

Can't believe how quickly we got through our meal yesterday.- Definitely want the next one to be much more leisurely.

Ok, guess we're having Couscous at the picnic then.-
    SO far we have spanish omlette, vegetarian piella(sp) and couscous- it's going to be very tasty :-)
  • Options
    Hi lp- I'm sure something can be worked out;)

I think it's better to have a longer dinner than to have to go to a pub again afterwards!! Sudden blast of ciggie smoke has a rather nauseating effect... :(

Paella.

Off to do a spot of work...
  • Options
    Hey mooMoo. It's no problem that I can't do it.- I'll just sulk about it.

I will try to get alex to come out anyway.

Whose going to be at mile 18 on Sunday before?
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    Whoever is at mile 18, I am relying on you guys for copious amounts of jelly babies, gels and hugs!! :-D
  • Options
    Hmmmm! Hugs.

{evil glint}
  • Options
    annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    oops - missed the last social - how did i manage that... (sure it was next Thursday wasn't it?!) oh well, glad it looks like you all had a good time!
  • Options
    annajo you were missed.

:(

Get a diary.

;)
  • Options
    Yeah, what happened, Annajo?
    I ended up having to babysit and make sure the boys didn't throw noodles about and so on... ;)
  • Options
    Annajo say she's turning up for a social and then not? Surely that'd never happen ;o)
  • Options
    annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    oi bear, i've only ever done that once or twice before, and i wasn't well last time!

nah, I got asked by my little bro if I wanted to go to a gig in Reading, and quite happily went off, although with that nagging feeling that i'd forgotten about something... then logged onto the forums and was reminded what that something was!

right whens the next one - i'm gonna be superorganised for this!
  • Options
    Annajo, while you were moshing it up at a gig in Reading, we were getting a virtual gig tour - of Ramstein, kindly given by a very enthusiastic l_p and Alex!

• Options
    How about a forum outing to see Rammstein?
  • Options
    If they brew beer XFR.

:)

Not if they squirt their audiences with rude bits of the male anatomy.
  • Options
    Yes, liking the idea of a forum outing to Rammstein.-
    Dodge: What if they're squirting beer though?

• Options
    It's not the squirting I'd object.
  • Options
    Squirting beer over people with rude bits of the male anatomy?

Sounds like a typical situation in the men's loos at a forum social. ;o)
  • Options
    Back to the matter in hand.

Ok, so

Date: 20th or 21st April
    Food type: Moroccan
    Restaurant: Maghreb, 189 Upper Street Islington
    Pre-eat drinking/meeting location: As yet unknown

Dodge
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    I vote 21st April.

No idea on drinking establishments around Islington so will leave it up to those that know.
  • Options
    Date: 21st April

Dodge
    Sezz
  • Options
    Islington is just up the road from me. I shall find suitably pleasant pre-meal rendezvous (I don't often drink up there).

Dodge
    Sezz
    Neil
  • Options
    Islington is just up the road from me. I shall find suitably pleasant pre-meal rendezvous (I don't often drink up there).

Dodge
    Sezz
    Neil
    Bear
  • Options
    Oops! Forum etiquette has been breached! Correction below (and apologies):

Dodge
    Sezz
    Ongey
    Bear
  • Options
    I was wondering who the fruitbat was Neil? (I got that album and wound up listening to it at 3 in the morning. Actually a good soundtrack for 3 in the morning :))
  • Options
    Hey Dodge, you bought Spirit. Fantastic! Another Spirit convert (there aren't many). Yep, in a certain mood, it just takes over. Darkness, stillness, silence. All required for a Spirit session.
  • Options
    Total darkness, etc, good headphones- soundtrack to "Das Boot", or stuff by Andreas Vollenweider (White Winds, Caverna Magica...).
    Speaking of winds, Scotty & I won't be able to make it on the 21st (driving to Scotland for the Lochaber marathon- he suffers, I watch ;)- see y'all another time- Mile 18? ;)
  • Options
    moomoo the mischievous

:)