Options

Anyone got their Mag yet ?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I was sweating over nothing. I am in..................yahoo!!!!! Good luck to all those still waiting, and to all those who have not been succesfull, do not give up, keep trying. I don't believe there is any hidden format to being chosen. Maybe its time the organisers invited jo public to have a look at the process, so we can stop speculating on what really goes on behind those pearly gates at LM HQ.
  • Options
    MIM:!!!! The skaters in Berlin go from just over an hour right down to 4.25 for the last finisher so you should be ok even if you are slow, the main field seem to be in around 2 hours.
    Julie.you seem to be around the same sort of pace as my daughter and she also does not get too much time to train (4-5 times a week max)and she is also running London.If you like I can write you the same sort of plan ( joanne is aiming for sub 4 )it starts from monday and will cover 8weeks build up then a week reduced training followed by another 8 weeks and then 2 weeks rest/reduced training before the big day, let me know.
  • Options
    Stephen - cheeky I know but could you make this available to all ? Sounds like a good plan to me. Thanks
  • Options
    I would be interested in any sub four plans if anyone has any. I am running FLM for the first time but have nobody to train with so a plan of attack would be useful.
  • Options
    I'd also be interested Stephen. Thanks in anticipation.

It feels great to be planning for FLM again. I feel really lucky. Commiserations to those who didn't make it but there are plenty of other Spring Marathons, I've looked as I was expecting to be running one of those!
  • Options
    Re : Training Plan for 3.30 hrs - have email from Mike Gratton who will be putting one together just before Xmas time apparently so watch this space. I used his sub 4 plan for FLM this year and managed 4:00:06 so no complaints there.
  • Options
    Reference training plan for 4 hours.Anybody that is interested shouldmail me at TaffyRunner@aol.com with their personal best times over 10km half marathon and marathon also how many times per week that you can train and what races you have planned,what sort of mileage you have been doing, age and sex.I will then do you a personal plan.Also if you can do speed work and hill training.
    I did a plan for a runner last year who wanted to break 3.55 and I got him down to 3.42.also my oldest daughter I have got down to 3.13.so lets go for it.
  • Options
    BENZ

You jammy thing :-)

Well done.
  • Options
    I'm home from work.................. still waiting, ah well Monday, Monday!
  • Options
    And id like to do sub 5 hours
  • Options
    Benz - you lucky wotsit! I'm rejected but going for a club place - three available, don't know how many will apply this year. Wont find out till after Xmas.
    I based my training on the RW beginners schedule last year and got a chip time of 4.58.01
  • Options
    Benz - so pleased to see someone with expectations of sub 5hrs, I was feeling quite pressured by all these fantastic runners!! I'll be delighted to finish, and if I can do that in 4:30 I will REALLY celebrate!!!! Congrats on getting in! Happy training! Its raining and windy and I'm off for a 6 mile run now! mmmmmmmm!
  • Options
    Julie, Although I'm aiming for a sub 4 & i would be over the moon with something around 3.45, my first aim is to finish and if I do I too will really celebrate whatever the time. I got injured close to the the start of the 2001 FLM but really celebrated my 4.03 in 2002. So much can go wrong with marathon training. Good luck with your quest for sub 4.30.
  • Options
    Llama man - that is fantastic in 2002 - good luck with your training this year. I'm inspired by my sister who suffered dreadful sciatica 4 weeks before the race this year, yet still completed in 5:30. I guess its important to try and be realistic and just train as much as poss. Here we go!
  • Options
    Julie,
    Here are my targets for this years FLM:
    First target - Get to the start with all the training behind you.
    Second target - Get to the finish.
    Third target - get to the finish in a realistic achieveable goal time.
    Fourth target - Get to the finish in a less realistic 'dream time'.
    Actually first target has really already been achieved and that's 'get a place'.
    If I manage 1 & 2 above the main object of the whole exercise will have been achieved and that's to enjoy the day and the fact that I can do it!
  • Options
    YES! it came today!!!!!!
  • Options
    Llama man, sounds good to me - i am determined to enjoy the opportunity too! Thanx.
  • Options

The Welles Fargo and/or Pony Express has still not made it to darkest Suffolk, as yet.

Anyone from my neck of the woods heard either way ?

It's giving me a headache.

• Options
    I got my "you've been successful" mag on Saturday (30.11.02); after three years of trying to get a place. Good luck to everyone else. P.S. I live in Kent.
  • Options
    Post hasn't made it to my part of Devon either - has anyone in the South West received anything?

I did get my Grizzly number this morning, so that cheered me up!

• Options
    I got my rejection letter on Saturday for the 3rd year running! I'll get a charity Gold Bond place though - there are so many that if people really want to run London, they can if they are persistent enough.
  • Options
    Dave, you are so lucky getting into the grizzly, when do you apply because i miss it every year. i asked last month if i can apply for 2004 to garantee a place. have applied for FLM 4 times now and don't know yet if i've got in this year.
  • Options
    Dave P, nothing here either, but we got our Grizzly numbers too.
  • Options
    STILL NOT HEARD - GRRRRRR !

I think my postman truly believes he has a stalker now.

Not fair.
  • Options
    LarsLars ✭✭✭
    My came today at 7 am. The post has never been so early. Prabably they know, how desperate we are waiting.
    I am IN. I was rejected in the original ballot, but I got one of the 1000 extra places for the people who bequested their entry fee.
  • Options
    Please no more requests for training plans or I will be spending my time leading up to London writing and not running.Those that have written I have replied to and will be getting the first part of their plans in the next few days and I am really looking forward to the challenge of helping them reach their targets.( Julie, Dave, Penni,Ashley)