Options

welcoming, warm and intermittemtly wobbly club , Weds 20th

Comments

• Options
    Hello again everyone,

You are all so good for me!! Would never have gone for a run today due to thumping headache but you all inspired me!
    4 miles, all the horrid hills, 40:54. I'm a happy snail. ...and my headache has gone, how's that for natural therapy.

WW..glad to hear you are picking up a bit. Depression is such a tiring bummer. I usually indulge in retail therapy too, but of the more wearable kind, I have a very full wardrobe of things I will NEVER wear!

• Options
    Wild Will. You'll never fit in a binder you fool!
  • Options
    SP - I have a very large collection off books, that the wife recons I should thin out from time to time...

... But you never know when you might want to read it again - I have some book that I've read about 6 times - she thinks i'm mad - but she's the one with things in the wardrobe with the tags still on

;o)
  • Options
    my retail therapy usually leads to me having the equivalent of a sports shop in my back room - like the books we mentioned earlier and just having them on the shelf might lead to learning well i think if ive got the gear to make me look like an uber athlete then i might just become one and shortcut the training!

trainers are my bad habit!
  • Options
    my name is bune and i am a shopaholic
  • Options
    Bune - all sports equipment purchases are essential – even if it’s bought ‘Just in case!’

:o)
  • Options
    >>>whimper...bleat...squeeeeeeak...other non-strident noises<<<

LOL, Bune.

Hilary, I think Slowboy might be somewhere in your area. Smallish representation from Cumbria here, though. Races for Life are everywhere and I'm sure Triple F will send a contingent up your way if you yell the magic words ("I've got gin" usually does the trick).

My retail therapy tends to be in the form of print too. Or clothes for Him Indoors and the Raptorites. Or filling the kitchen cupboards with interesting foodstuffs which will always get eaten eventually.

Talking of retail therapy - anyone got any INTERESTING suggestions for Christmas presents for children's teachers? BARKLES - what presents from your batches of 32 little grubby-faced angels don't make your heart sink? I'm not a making-things-with-the-kids sort of mummy and don't feel up to organising a whip-round of three different sets of parents to buy something substantial, especially as I hardly know most of them.
  • Options
    Hi everybody.

Good luck to everybody today in whatever they are doing.

Weighed myself this morning and am 89kg so only 14kg to go.

In a rush of blood to the head, joined the gym and am going for my induction session tomorrow. My excuse is that I will go on the treadmills when the weather outside is too bad to run.

Can I have some advice please?
    Yesterday I went for a run and because I was going out in the evening (to see Harry Potter, it was really good), so ate early.
    However by midnight was feeling hungry.
    Any tips on healthy late night light snacks?
    Not too heavy though otherwise my body keeps me awake whilst it is digesting.

Cheers

Sam
  • Options
    Vrap your batteries running low?
  • Options
    do you think thats how dinosaurs became extinct? (-_-)
  • Options
    GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Sam P, cereals are good if you like that sort of thing. Horlicks (is that a snack?)?

BTW Sam, I'm glad there's someone else who really needs to lose a significant amount. Most of the rest are racing snakes in disguise...
  • Options
    Sam

Fruit is a good bet if you want to eat late as it does not lie as heavy as other food stuffs

Cheese is supposed to give you nightmares – but I’ve never met a cheese that scary ;o)
  • Options
    Glenn

I must be a rather lage snake then!
  • Options
    GOOOOOODDD AFTERNOOOON

Well I go away for a few days and wow, loads of newbies. WELCOME everyone.

Just skimmed todays thread (and didn't even dare look at yesterdays 350+ posts)

V-rap, my wife is an infant teacher and it would be nice if her kids gave her something alcoholic for a change, instead of mountains of chocolate and rather nasty 'forever fiends' ornaments...and in her condition she wouldn't be able to drink it so that would leave it all for ME!
    WW I find that training helps me keep the blues away, but I tend to throw myself into it and end up getting injured! Working hard at an 'injury' free year...perhaps a few days rest might help?
    JJ - didn't you just have a rather super Brighton run? No wonder todays run was a disaster - tired body and no 'race high' at the end! Put your feet up for a few days.
    Well I am not going to try and list what I have eaten in the last 48 hrs. I allways find it near impossible being veggie and trying to eat healthily while away. I should just wear a badge that says 'Cheese with everything please'.
    I am currently praying that it keeps raining. The prospect of the second ever track session tonight with a stonking hangover from last nights black tie dinner (do not remember getting back to the hotel room)fills me with dread.
  • Options
    BBB

Wouldn't people frown on kids taking booze to school
  • Options
    And were the black ties tasty
  • Options
    You're kidding Glenn, there are many of us who need to lose loads! Me included of course.

Went to the gym and managed 45 minutes on the treadmill which included a good interval session. Then I tried the weights prog. the nice man worked out for me. Ye Gods, he's trying to kill me! I am aching all over my upper body. Ouch. It hurts so much it must be doing me good.

V-rap, please don't eat the horses, it's not polite. Yes, I know you wrote it in French and on a different thread but it still means the same. I thought we'd weaned you off snacking like that ;-)

SlowBoy, hello. That must be your horsey then if you're interested in my dressage? It was just one of the 'novice' level tests, not sure which one, and had some leg-yields, turn on the forehand, shallow loops and loads of partial circles of varying sizes. I'm trying to get myself back to a decent level after a break of nearly 15 years during which time I've just hacked out with a bit of jumping thrown in. Do you compete?
  • Options
    Probablly WW but it might help with 'creative writing'...as for the black ties not sure if being veggie I can eat silk?:)
  • Options
    GlennGlenn ✭✭✭

Redhead, sorry! I'm bitter after meeting V-rap and Slowboy on Sunday :-)
  • Options
    Me no racing snake, honest...according to the charts I should be 1.5 stone lighter. But I'm happy just to work on moving that excess to other parts of my body!
  • Options
    BBB

Silk must be classed like Milk - a by-product
  • Options
    Yeah WW but I imagine that the worms have an even harder time of it than the cows and my brain only just overides my conscience when it comes to milk! (Are we really having a conversation about eating silk?)
  • Options
    They have Stranger conversations over on the Dark side
  • Options
    BBB

Being a veggie - what is your stance on wool and leather?
  • Options
    Glenn and WW

Thanks for the suggestions. Will give them a try.

Cheers

Sam
  • Options
    Will, I do not have a problem with wool, because the harvesting of this by product does not really effect the sheeps lifestyle or lifespan.
    Yes I do wear leather shoes but I would happily pay a bit more if I could find simmilar 'non leather' products of the same quality....
    My main problem is with milk but at the moment my life does not allow me the freedom to be 'too awkward'
    I see myself as a realist veggie, my Mrs and the kids are not, and I have never asked them not to eat meat, if and when they reach a point in their lives when they want to avoid eating meat then that will be their decision.
    Life has just evolved to a point where I can survive happily without eating meat so I choose no to. If I lived on an island with no 'alternative' protein sources then I would have to rerturn to eating meat.
  • Options
    Its always interesting to here other points of view - although I do from time to time wind up one of the vegiies that works for me :o)
  • Options
    Hi BBB

I have the same problem with leather. I have tried really hard to avoid it but laziness has triumphed. I have just bought some none leather stretchy boots tho.
  • Options
    I get used to being 'wound up' especially when in restaurants as everyone else has a mountain of choice and I can have the veggie lasagne or the veggie lasagne (its at times like that when I regret that BIG decision at 9 years of age)
  • Options
    Its time to go and get the mrs...I will try to get some more sensible ideas out of her for your pressie V-rap!