Quiz Questions

1789101113»

Comments

• I think you're right Express - I keep trying to post clever questions but they seem to always backfire!

Back to the drawing board!

Things I've found out today on Monarch websites

- Prince Phillips surname is Mountbatten

- Prince Charles' sons are called William and Henry Mountbatten-Windsor!
  • Know the feeling
  • Interesting to note / recall that it was Tony the Tiger who saved the Colin Bell penalty because it was also him who scored past Pat Jennings in his bare feet.Different advert - same era.
  • But don't count Henry VII who crowned himself king on the battlefield at Bosworth, at which point and no earlier did he become the monarch.
  • Perhaps I should have said the Berlin Sun. Of course during that hot summer of a Blitzkrieg year, it was 'Scorch what a Fuhrer' Apologies in advance.
  • LOL Express!

I'm intrigued, given that Harry's surname is Mountbatten-Windsor, as to why he's going into the Army with the surname Wales.
  • Other than being his wife, what relation was Eleanor Roosevelt to Franklin D.?

which prime minister was a former football referee and coach?
  • Pammie - Alec Douglas Home? (He was also the only PM to have played 1st class cricket as well).
  • Not the answer i have here BR.
    Not saying you're wrong though
  • I think the Eleanor and FD were distant cousins
  • Or better, 'think that Eleanor and FD were distant cousins'
  • Wonder if that PM is not from Britain !
  • Answers

Yes they were cousins

It was James Callaghan apparently. Something i didn't know

And i think the 2 Roosevelt presidents were 5th cousins think i remember reading that once
  • Wiz, you asked a question early on about Mark Twain, Amy Johnson Father Christmas and others. What was the answer
  • Going back to a hole in one on a par five.

Peter Allis just mentioned there is no name for such a fluke. Although it had happened at ?? Teign Valley Golf Club ??
    And no comment from the other group of commentators.

Condor must be an Overseas term.
  • yes i heard peter say that
  • Mark Twain, Amy Johnson Father Christmas and others are all roses.

If you are doing a quiz, it is always a good one to do between the rounds, i.e. 10 points if they get it after the first five, then you give them three more names (there are hundreds) and 8 points are awarded if then get the link. And so on between each round.
  • Without looking, what is written around the edge of a £2 coin?
  • Sorry I cheated.

Mine says "Manchester 2000 Spirit of friendship"

They ran out of space for "and then we'll knick your hub caps"
  • £2 without looking (as I don't have one) is 'On the shoulders of giants'.
  • 'decus et tutamen'? It's definitely on a lot of £1 coins. In fact, if it's like the £1 there will be several answers as they vary from time to time.
  • What is alluraphobia (spelling?) a fear of
  • standing on the shoulders of giants
1789101113»