Options

Sub 5 hours

Comments

• Options

LOL, thanks Tracey!

• Options
    10 mile this morning before snow turns up. 1h 48m. Felt comfortable at steady pace.
  • Options

I'm South or else East Midlands depending on if you are talking TV or electrikery image

I have to confess to not having been onto RW in ages image  *waves to everyone*

I know some of you read my blog on Fetch so know what has been happening in my life but here's a summary:
    MiL has been in hospital since September.  Her mental state is not what it was and she can't go home but they are still trying to work out the best type of care for here and who pays (health or social care).  Everything has been delayed by the fact a psychologist recommended a psychiatric assessment that didn't happen.  Until Christmas we were going to Leamington 4 times a week but are now trying to get away with just twice as we were knackered and the petrol costs were huge.

I have a ballot place for VLM and this week signed up to run for Breast Cancer Care as my SiL's breast cancer has returned with a vengeance.  She is now on borrowed time courtesy of some radio and chemotherapy, we don't expect her to be with us for next Christmas.

I kept running through last year but did no specific training beyond that.  Last week I got myself started with intervals and stuff like that again.

TTFN xx

• Options
    Bridget - if you give me a link to your charity page I will sponsor you in the next month or so. No money at the moment image
  • Options
    RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭

Hi USB *waves* I have been keeping up with your blogs. I don't comment very often but I keep up to date xxx

A couple of months ago I contacted a charity called GRACE who raise funds for womens gynae cancers so as you can imagine, a charity like this would be very close to my heart. At the moment there is a research project taking place into womb cancer in women under 40. One of my friends is 22, was diagnosed at 19 but is now sadly terminal image Her GP didn't think anything was wrong with her and thought 19 was too young to have anything serious. Anyway, I wanted to raise money for this research and asked GRACE if they would ringfence my funds for it. The answer has come back as yes image I am going to run all my marathons this year to raise funds - 6 entered so far and probably an 7th very soon as legless said he would also run it image

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭

Joined the gym!!  Going at lunchtime for my spinning class image  

Too cold to run image

• Options

Tracey - I'll let you know once I have a page set up

• Options

Oh well, lsr/w ditched.  Felt really yukky in the night and didn't sleep very well.  Woke up still feeling yukky so the plan now is to do a short r/w tomorrow and do the long one on Wednesday image

• Options
    Went back to bed this morning for and hour and half. Then got up had toast and coffee and the did my 12 mile run in 2:09:44 image
  • Options

Well done Tracey, you're getting very speedy lately image

• Options
    Thanks Lyndy. That long run done until next week image
  • Options
    RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭

Wish I could get speedy image Need to run more and then perhaps I would lol I'll have to start going to the speed session at club image

Did 7.3m yesterday - very slow image Its all such an effort at the moment image

• Options
    Hello everyone. Some good running going on. Managed 6 miles on Sat with a sharp wind and driving rain along the seafront. 6 miles on Sun in the sunshine. Looking forward to cheering you on at the Brighton half.
  • Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭

Wow, well done LTS, I bet Sunday was much nicer than Saturday?

Roobs, speed isn't everything, you are doing great anyway!?  I did speed up a few years ago when I did speed training at the club, lots of reps did it.  Soon lost it again thoughimage

Spin class was good, kept forgetting I wasn't on my bike and that you couldn't stop pedalling, nearly fell off a few times image  Luckily I was in a corner and nobody saw me!  Going to try Circuit Training tomorrow - it says it's for the over 50's and I sort of thought "oh no, that's no good" but then I remembered my age and realised that's me image  I forget how old I am! image

• Options
    TS - you go girl image
  • Options
    When is everyone doing a marathon, and what mileage are you all up to on your long run?
  • Options
    Brighton Marathon 14 April. Did 12 miles yesterday image
  • Options

I'm up to 12 on sunday, doing Blackpool on the 7th April image

• Options
    RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭

I'm doing a marathon on 29th March and am very behind in my training but then I always am! I did just over 7m on Sunday. I haven't been running enough but I had a bug the first week or so of the month. I'll be playing catch up (very carefully of course). Then I'm doing Brighton on 14th April and then London the week after image

• Options

I'm guessing you've done quite a few marathons Roobarb? image

• Options
    All experienced marathon runners on here KM 10, Roobarb particularly! Think I did my last one last year at VLM. Still enjoy plodding along though.
  • Options

Ok, am i ok to stay on here, or do i need to find a post for marathon virgins image

• Options
    I've done 19 marathons image
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Evening image

Stay KM10 image

Wow Tracey, didn't realise you'd done 19 image

• Options
    km10 - please stay image

I might of done 19 marathons, but I'm not fast image( We talk about other stuff as well.
  • Options
    Cinders - I've done 7 Beachy Head marathons. I love Beachy image
  • Options
    Cinders - I brought Andre a sledge, he might get to use it now image
  • Options
    Thanks. I'm staying. Blackpool hopefully the first of many image
  • Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭

Hey km, some of us are born again marathon virgins!!image  So long since I did a marathon I feel like one!

Think I have done 9?  I was training for London 2 years ago when I fell on my 20 mile run and cracked my ribs so that put me out of the race image  Haven't really run properly since then, keep trying to pick it up again but never seem to get past the 5 mile distance.  Hopefully this time I will image

We also talk about LOTS of other things on here so do stay image  

No snow here but very white and frosty.  Didn't look very snowy up in London according to the news Tracey?  Think it's coming Friday though?  What about you Cinders, looked snowy your way?  Aren't you Lincolnshire km?  Snowy there I believe?  My family are all in Yorkshire, they're getting it there!

Got the builder coming at 10, we are going to start some serious knocking about of the house, one of the first thing we have to do is re-site radiators.  Can you imagine not having them at this time of year??  I fear a mammoth 6 months ahead (or more) - made worse by the fact that for a lot of the time we will be in Houston and I don't trust any workmen to do it correctly when we are not here, so it will be stop/start.  Living in a building site doesn't appeal but we really need to bite the bullet and get going!

• Options
    Hi topsec. Yes i am in lincs. Too much of the white stuff here. Great fun for the kids image but not good for marathon training image