Options

Sub 5 hours

Comments

• Options

Hello all

Roobs - hope you fell better today?

km10- hope your 12 miler goes wellimage

No LSR for me today, very trecherous conditionsimage will try to do a shortened version at the gym if it is open!

• Options
    Thanks. Should be fun, had quite alot of snow last night and more forecast from 6am. So probably be mostly off road
  • Options
    I might run to Purleet and back tomorrow.
  • Options
    How far is that tracey?
  • Options
    km10 - I did 12 miles with a friend from club. I managed to fall flat on my bum running down a hill image We did it in 2:16, 7 mins slower than when I did it on Monday.
  • Options

Well the LSR was fun, 12.2 mile off roads in bout 3 to 4 inches of snow, horrible head wind, or slippery flattened snow image. Did it in 2h18m, so was really pleased in that weather etc image. Well done Tracey, you had much snow there?

• Options
    RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭

Evening

Still feeling quite ropey image I'm going to call my oncologist tomorrow as I am having a couple of symptoms that I'm not that happy with image Hopefully its nothing but its worth having a chat with her anyway image

So...... I didn't get my long run done today image

• Options
    km10 - had about 3 inches of snow here.

(((Roobs)))
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    ((( Roobs )))

Snow here too now!
  • Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭

Definitely a good idea to give your oncologist a call Roobs, hope all is OK.

Good going km image

• Options

Thanks TopSec. image Hope all ok Roobs.More snow here over last 24 hrs, so off roading again tomorrow.

• Options

Good evening ladies, hope you all ok? Another run off road in the snow today, 3 x 1 mile with 1 mile recovery. Hows everyones training going so far? image

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Sat here with my running gear on, although getting outside is going to be much harder!  Need to wait for breakfast to settle but I'm thinking it's a bit cold image

km, I'm not training for anything, just running for health and fitness now.  Will try to get a race or two entered so I have a target.  Most of my fitness regime at the moment is cycling and walking these days.

A lot of the snow gone here this morning, rain has washed most of it away, temperature is only 1.1 degree so will need to be careful of ice image

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭

Running gear is now off and layers and layers of clothing on - I'm frozen!!  Didn't run as it was just so cold outside image  I don't mind the cold usually but today is just that awful damp cold that goes right through to your bones in an instant image

• Options

Morning everyone.

The reprieve is over.  Off to Peterborough today image  Please let her be in a good mood for a change image

Now that the snow and ice is almost over perhaps I can get my mojo back next week, although I totally agree with you TS.  Don't mind the cold, but not when it's that damp that it goes right through you.  Better things to do than suffer that image

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭

Morning all!

Good luck for the weekend Lyndy image

Is it only me who can pull an intercostal muscle whilst doing Pilates? image  Felt it go pop as I was doing some sort of stretch image  It's not too bad, it's gone before so should only be a few days before it feels OK hopefully, although why I had so have a sneezing attack this morning I don't know image Ouch

Hope everyone else is running well image

• Options

Morning all, so far so good, 5 mile tonight, then 10 on sunday, then onto longest run i've done before next sunday, 14 miles image. Just wanted to ask, my schedule ( and most schedules that i've seen for marathon) don't go above 20 miles for the LSR. How do you manage to get through the last 6.2 miles extra? Is there some sort of magic adrenalin rush that gets you through? image

• Options
    km10 - I've never run more than 20 miles in training for a marathon, sometimes less. The idea is that as you taper your legs will recover and you will be able to manage the last 10k. I've never run a whole marathon. You will be fine, all that hard winter training will help you dig deep on marathon day image
  • Options
    Did 5 miles yesterday and Ripped in 30 today. Couple days rest then a 14 mile long run.
  • Options
    Lyndy - best of gin and tonic lucky this weekendimage
  • Options

Thanks for that Tracey image

Just done 4.4 miles 39m44s, then a mile run to the chippy, wife decided she craving chip shop chips image .

Getting bored of the ice on paths now, just want to be able to run more than half a mile without having to slow down for ice, and now its just started snowing again, roll on next week when its all thawed image

• Options
    km10 - is your wife pregnant?

Nice pace run image
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Morning

Good luck Lyndy image

No snow or ice here, just rain.  Where are you km10? 

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭

km, a lot of plans do a max of 22 miles.  The last 4 or 6 miles will just happen during the race, I guess the adrenaline keeps you going - it certainly will if it's London!  I have run them on 17 to 22 miles max training and I have to say 22 mile training was my best marathon, but I guess that was because I was generally fitter during that time.

I'm sure people will have told you this already but for the race and during long runs too I guess; start off slow!!  If you want to run a certain time, break down into miles or km if you prefer, work out your pace per mile and go slower for the first half than the second.  Never race off at the start image

Snow gone here, sunny at the moment.

• Options
    Morning all. Had bout another 3 inches of snow here over the night. I'm near lincoln. Yep cinders, wife is 15 weeks pregnant with our 2nd child image . Thanks for all the advice TS image
  • Options
    RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭

Evening all

Congratulations km image

And good luck Lyndy!

Still feeling off colour image I finally had a messsage from my oncologist - sod's law that I missed her call. She thinks its ok to wait until I see my gynae consultant on Feb 18th. I don't think its a recurrence of the cancer but I suppose its only natural to panic a bit. I think its more than likely something else going on so I'll wait til then. In the meantime I should get the results of the blood tests that my GP requested. Its a full blood MoT - absolutely everything is being checked.

I haven't run for about a week and a half now as I have felt so rough. Getting a bit concerned about my marathons image

• Options
    km10 - congratulations to you and your wife x
  • Options
    Roobs - I can't go club next week because of Bernard's shifts image

Got a 14 mile run to do on Monday image
  • Options
    Roobs - just check Bernard's roster and can go on Thursday image
  • Options
    Evening all.

Everything going quite well so far. No teddies thrown out off the mobility trolley yet lol. Mind you, she didn't get up til 10:30 this morning and went back to bed at 12:30 til about 5 so not much time to be able to wind me up! And now she's engrossed in the telly so will hopefully stay quiet image