Options

Sub 5 hours

Comments

• Options
    Grubbysoles, just do everything the Physio tells you to do and you'll get there in the end. I found Pilates incredibly boring but it is supposed to be good for core stability. Good luck, as Debbo says, you are still a youngster unlike me who isn't (471/2!) ;-)))

Got to do some speedwork later but will do some poo-pick cross training beforehand for my upper body strength.
  • Options
    grubbysoles - pilates really helped me after a herniated lower back disc, i just have to keep remembering to hold all my bits in on a daily basis. physio also said marathon running = bad idea. good luck.

there is a triathlon exhibition at sandown park this weekend if you live that way, bound to have pink things in the wetsuit zone.

i have 3 miles to do today but i'm whacked, not sure if i'm following hal higdons novice plan a bit too obsessively as i feel like skiving today !
  • Options
    Hi everyone. Sounds like everyone had a good day yesterday - grubbysoles I hope you don't get down, but it is best to get it sorted, anyway you young so it will improve really quickly.

All sorts of stuff down my sink! Last one was a whole sausepan of rice - bit of a delayed dinner that night!

Rest day yesterday and today (because of the blister on the side of my foot - but it's much better today so I shall see about tomorrow.)

Hippo - did you really do your first marathon off an eight mile? If so, you have just given me a big confidence boost. - Thanks!!
  • Options
    Morning all

What a mixture of tears and triumphs. Healing thoughts to the wounded :-)

My other half has bad back and shoulder problems so I'm going to train as a massuese in September to try and keep him going with less drugs. I'll need some 'case studies' so SW Londers will have to keep in touch :-)

Another day stuck in the house for me today as Jumpet Jnr still has the high temp and nasty cough. The worse thing is I know that Jumpet Snr will come down with it then probably me. I didn't get out last night as Mr J was late home but did an hour and a bit on the Dance Mat which was great fun. Going to try and get the babysitter to come tonight so I can get to the gym at a decent hour.

The good news is my blisters are healing -)
  • Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement folks - pilates it is then. As long as they let me keep my T-shirt on this time it shouldn't be too bad!! Icy - damn! I'm working all day saturday and have my long run on sunday, otherwise I would have gone and checked out that exhibition. What a shame.

Hippo - a full marathon off 8 miles? Hurrah! Hope for us all.

Look after yourself around all those germs JJ. I'm a complete convert to these hot toddies. I've had them every night this week so far and they are staving off my cold very nicely. What a wonderful excuse to drink whisky every night.

Just an easy 4 mile recovery plod for me today - good luck to everyone with your runs.

:-)
  • Options
    JJ hope Jumpet Jnr recovers quickly and it doesn't hit the whole family.

gym session for me this morning, decided to do a short interval session and ran at my intended half marathon pace 2 mins at a time, wish I was more confident on the treadmill, keep hitting the front panel as I run too near to the bar.

I have a 5-6 mile group run tonight and we have two new runners who are a bit faster than me so maybe dragged around a bit tonight, so I hope I cope okay.

• Options
    It is true about me and the 8 miles
    Im not proud of it
    the marathon in question--finished in 5.58
    Ran a 10k pb(63 mins)
    ha torrential diarrhoea at 10 miles

walked solidly from mile 13 in
    Had a hangover, and had no food or sports drink till my family could get to me at mile 21

it was too late then

i have done worse marathon times since and still dont understand how i got round

Just bak from 12 really difficult miles
    am blue
  • Options
    JaneM

I have the same problem with the Tready. I worry about being too far back and so end up too far forward. I find consciously keeping the front panel a arm length away means I run in the middle of the belt.
  • Options
    Hippo - it may not have been pleasent but you did get round and that's encouraging.

Anyway you are a wiser Hippo now and get round marathons much more comfortably, so we are not all going to stop running, but it does give a bit of hope that we too might just make it!

I find all my miles difficult and keep wondering when i will have an easy run, whether it is two or ten miles!

You did well going for 12 miles today, so cheer up and give yourself a pat on the back.

You can tell I didn't run this morning, I'm feeling really lively today!!
  • Options
    hippo - you look pink to me!

JJ - hope JJJnr gets better soon and you don't all catch the germs

track night for me tonight - only go cos kids go to funtrack inside, but it makes a change to the roads

• Options
    Tiny
    Im purple!
  • Options
    Purple's my favourite colour in the whole world :-))))

Done my speed session - 3.5 miles alternating between 8mm and 10mm. Can't imagine my little legs ever going any faster!

JJ, hope the Jump family is soon better.

I too run too near the front of the treddy and frequently kick the plate!
  • Options
    I love purple too - prince fan you see!
  • Options
    and a hippo fan too - was going to add that but had to make a quick exit when boss walked in!

have a good day y'all!
  • Options
    JJ hope jnr gets better soon are you going sun to chessington if so hope to see you i will be the one hung over and having a party on the way round celebrating the big 40 wearing no 40 as well
    my favourite colour is purple to
  • Options
    Both Mr J and I will be at Chessington on sunday. He hasn't done ANY training since November so if he beats me I will not be pleased :-(
  • Options
    look out for me im with the stragglers crowd
    be nice to put a face to a name
  • Options
    I'll be in an Allsorts vest and black cropped leggings with a blue buff keeping my ears warm and hair in place. I'll be with a tall slender very slightly worried looking bloke :-)
  • Options
    In fact I will look very similar to this ------------->
  • Options
    JJ - hope you are all well by Sunday - and I hope that Mr J doesn't beat you!

Have a good time at Chessington everyone who is going.
  • Options
    I seem to remember that Mr JJ ran a good time at Brighton............;-)))
  • Options
    Yes but he did SOME training for that. He's done nowt since. He's got the Bath half to run on 20th March as well.
  • Options
    He wants to run a sub 50 10K (don't we all) but, as I keep pointing out to him, training is usually required for such things :-)
  • Options
    Tie his shoelaces together
  • Options
    Don't think I'll have to. He did do his fisrt run of the year the other day. 2 miles. He looked dreadful :-)

If he does beat me I'll just have to accept it with good grace and dignity.....

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    If you beat him HOW much will you gloat?
  • Options
    I have a friend who used to regularly go much faster than her hubby in races, so go for it JJ.

• Options
    Good luck JJ, i sometimes run with my boss (given up on the other half who doesn't even get out of breath) who i'm sure would rather die than let me get there first ! am also running Bath Half having just scraped in again.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind being beaten if he did any form of training but it seems so unfair that I train so hard and put in so many miles and he does nothing and he STILL beats me.

Being 6ft 3in and as skinny as a whippet probably helps :-(

Not that I'm bitter or anything :-)
  • Options
    So he only needs to take about four strides then - no wonder he beats you!!