Options

Blaydon Race 2005?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭
    The smaller local races tend not to go for much publicity except through the grapevine so

Join a club !!!

or look into Start Fitness (in Eldon Square) or Northern Runner (Low Friar St) shops for entry forms.

Club runners get a £2 reduction on entries as well as reductions on kit so it doesn't take too long to get your club subscription back.

Elswick train around the riverside

PS The Tynedale 10k passes though Wylam too
  • Options
    Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭
    PPS "Interesting" is not a word I would use to describe the Kilhope experience
  • Options
    That's what he said :D

I'll look into clubs (including Elswick) after I get back from Tokyo then. Ta for all the info. V. useful. Do the clubs cater for all abilities? I'm still a beginner.

BTW Unfortunately the Tynedale is on when I'm away, but my other half's thinking about it.

Saunders next...
  • Options
    Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭
    Clubs should take anyone, regardless of ability - even me. If they don't sod them - go somewhere else
  • Options
    Good! Sounds like a plan.
  • Options
    what are the allterrain races like?
  • Options
    Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭
    Very good if you like to go off road in some really "interesting" places

They are tough, more like fell races and the distances are guestimates so forget trying to compare your road 10k times; I was something like 25 minutes slower.

PS

Well that's it, official

Washed up, over the hill,buggered, knackered and has-beened.

A measure of my personal struggle against the ravages of time and real ale has been to stay on the front page of the Journal results for the Blaydon since 1983

But now page two by almost a minute - I am now going to flush myself down the toilet.