Options

Too fat to run now

Comments

• Options
    LImper recorded Comedy Proms, really enjoyed it
    As for ill in the garden, I live a few miles from the festival site, unless you hopped over.
  • Options
    Evening all. HiTippy. I seem to have missed you around lately.

Back home from time in caravan being very very lazy.
    Back to work tomorrow unfortunately.

To get x ray on other knee too as slight pain in it also. No time off work for couple weeks to go though so it will need to wait.

Just back in from walking dogs. Millie can be obstinate if she doesn't want to walk. At least now they are all getting on. Molly has a go at Millie when she decides she has had enough of her and Max holds his own with her for all his size.

Bodjit did you have a good weekend away?

Limper ta for mail. Will reply tomorrow.
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Once I was at the Festival I was usually too drunk (or otherwise!) to leave again!! I went to about five of them back in the 80's - crazy crazy times! I always tried to respect the locals, but getting back to the train station was always an adventure and I may not have been the lady that I liked to think I was!
    And then I grew up!!

This evening I tried my first runnette for nearly three weeks. OMG. That's all I've got to say about it really - although I will say it again very loudly... OMG!!
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Hello Speedy. Glad to hear you had a nice weekend.
  • Options

Hello Speedy.

Limper OMG is good. (Only a Mile to Go)image

• Options
    Hi all - I can't offer any advice apart from a walk-jog, or even just a walking programme (in that order and no actual running), but just wanted to wish good luck to those trying to get back into it again. image
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Lol Tippy!
    I thought I was dying! Compared to the 10 / 13 / 20 milers that I can usually tootle through with no complaints, it was just shocking. Still, you know what I'm up against injury-wise.

I'm quite quite sure it's time I retired. On full pay of course. And with the option to still go into work when I feel like it!
  • Options

Well as you know Limper, if you did that you would have to face the staff who tend the grounds of the lily-pad image.

Last week RE and myself both had a bad joggette so know how you feel, we are experienced athletes, with sensible heads (image)

How is Dawg? and neddie, behaving I hope.

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    It really is definitely time I retired.

Dawg is beautiful. Neddies are noble.

Sorry you had a bad joggle Tips. Any reason for it?
  • Options

No reason really, think we were both just  knackered.

I had news yesterday. The club has agreed to let me and my co-coach start a new group, so went out and bought high powered cattles prods for incentive only of course image

• Options
    I could let you have a couple of horse whips Tippy.
    That's good news about your group - well done. What standard / pace etc will it be?

Tonight I ran 2 miles!! Kept it slow enough to talk to Dawg as we went along. She wasn't puffed either but I did most of the talking! On the other hand my back screamed loudly the whole way.
    I'm thinking my marathon in 3 weeks time might be a no-go. D'ya reckon?!
  • Options

Limper: me thinks rest, and treatment, health first young lady image. I know it is hard to say no once you have paided etc, but you can not run if your back is playing yup.

• Options
  • Options
    now now limper it's not Feck, grammer young ladie
  • Options

2 Fs 2 the mile.  Those were the days

TTFN!!

• Options
    TTFN? (TipToes Found Nude) (Toast Tonight For Nibbles?)
  • Options
    Feck feck feckitty feck.
    << hides behind sofa muttering norty words and making 'V' sign >>

Two more miles done this evening. Ouch. Not so ouch that I won't try again though!

Tiptoes is nude??? << scans horizon with telescope >>

Hope you boys have a better plod tomorrow.

You alright Speedy and Bodj? Have a happy weekend image
  • Options
    Oh crap. A spider the size of a small pony has just stomped across the floor right in front of me. That's the third mammoth one this week. Where the heck are they coming from? And why? We've never had spiders like that in the house before (not that I've been aware of anyway!).
    I was so scared... well all I can say is thank heavens I have good pelvic control!!!
  • Options
    ...More than Tiptoes has......
  • Options
    Have you two had a windy run today then Eagle?!
  • Options
    We had a trailing wind limper.
    As for the spiders, well they obviously like you image
    Where is everyone.
  • Options
    Hope Friday night wasn't curry night Tips?!

I did my two miles again. It was tougher than both the previous ones. Twos. You know what I mean!

It is a little empty in here lately isn't it?
    << stretches full length across the sofa >>
  • Options
    (Jumps on sofa with Limper)
    Guess the spiders have scared them off.
    I know your jogette was not great but think positive you are doing something.
    (Checks under sofa)
  • Options
    Gerroff or sit still Tippy. I is trying to watch the Proms innit like a right posh frog.

I took as long off from all running as my sanity and guilty conscience would allow Tips!
    It's good to be wobbling along again and I could go further if I wanted. I'm just trying to be sensible.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha HA!

You busy tomorrow?
  • Options
    Limper. Now please say that again as was on the floor laughing. Sensible?
    I know you are sensible, unlike the 3 babies on the proms with the Teddy bears.
    May be off to the big smoke tomorrow, depends on OH.
  • Options
    Hope you have a nice time up in Smokie then Tippy darling.

I have had scrummy marmite toast so can't possibly go for a jogette for at least, oooh, hours and hours and hours yet!!

I will be sensible all this week << snorts coffee through nose trying not to laugh >> but I'd really like to do a 10 miler that I have booked next Sunday. We'll see!!

Shall we have a virtual BBQ for 'The Last Night' Tippy? I'm assuming it's the 17th? I shall rinse my Union Flag underwear and prepare my best singing voice...
  • Options

Sounds a good idea image

Did not go to Smokie as traffic was chocca.

So chilled at home instead.

<clears up coffee from floor, ceiling, walls>