Options

Too fat to run now

Comments

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Evenin' all (Dixon of Dock Green style)
  • Options
    I remember that programme - Saturday evenings.  Good old black & white TV. 
  • Options
    Hello grand pa.
    PO PO barley magrew cuthburt dibble and grub
  • Options
    Dixon of Dock Green.....making me feel old as well.

TV has come a long way, but cant say it is any better!!
  • Options
    MTM - I agree. Most of the programs are cr*p.
  • Options
    MM & RE have to ask were they talkies or silent.......
    ( only kidding)
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    I hated my cousin when I was six. He had a colour telly. Spoilt brat.
    ;)

We've started taking so much for granted in such a short space of time haven't we. Technology has advanced phenomenally fast and there is so much that is available to 'the masses'. My bro and I would never have dreamed of having a Tv of our own, a phone of our own, a computer (didn't have them at all when I was a kid, except at NASA!). We thought we were well lucky because we each had a tranny radio in our bedrooms!
    So I'm not very good at recalling old programmes because we barely got to watch any. I grew up thinking that television only worked after 7pm (5pm on Saturdays cos that's when Dr Who was on).

Eeee, it were 'ard in my day!!
  • Options
    Colour Telly that was a big deal. Our neighbour had a colour, and it was the highlight of the week for my Mum & Dad to go next door and watch 'Gardeners World' in FULL COLOUR.....and the snooker (the blue ball was really BLUE).

Just posted this below on another thread and thought I would pass it on to you guys:
    I have just put my wheelie-bin outside and remembered that I hurt my foot putting the bin out about 3 years ago.
    I had rushed outside to catch bin-billy early in the morning in bare feet. It was winter and the ground concrete was freezing cold.
    I suddenlygot a shooting pain below my right heel.
    I was in discomfort for weeks. The Doctor said it was plantar fasciitis caused by the sudden change in temperatute suddenly contracting the tendon, and i needed to rest it.

So as the nights are pulling in, thought I would pass this on, dont step on the cold floor when you are changing your running shoes (or putting the bin out like this old fool did).
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    I think the safest thing then is to sleep in your trainers so that you don't risk a Mark-moment. I'm sure nobody's bedmate would really object - would they?!

You know what today is dontcha? It's Crunchie-day. Yippeeeee!!!!
  • Options

Limper:

heard this this morning whilst driving to the swear word, and thought of you straight away for some reason

"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!”

Now where is everyone has poopie scooped them up in his talons

• Options
    The poopmeister is here (briefly) as am at work.  Looking forward to tomorrow's 'long one' with TT and his duck.  Go on - play with that!  
  • Options

Quack, went Donald, has Poopie pooped. image

• Options
    Elle peut être avec les chevaux ou de prendre le chien pour un jogging.
    Elle peut se cacher de l'araignée.
    Je voudrais toutefois imagerie, elle est comme nous coincés au travail en attente pour le temps à la maison.
  • Options
    Oh, we have a cunning linguist in our midst.
  • Options
    Is everyone in bed
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear you are taking safety precautions in bed Mark. image

It is flipping cold down here on my lily-pad. Brrrrrrrrr.

Was it something about horses and dogs and spiders Tippy?

"Some watery bint waving a scimitar"...

Eagle - cheeky!!!

I seem to be the only girl in the house. Where have Speedy and Bodj gone?
  • Options
    Have a good weekend you cheeky lot (LOL) and enjoy your running image
  • Options
    Limper:
    Yep was taking along the lines or looking after the horses, taking the dog for a jog or hiding from the spiders, or more than likely at the swear work waiting for the home time bell.

Off for a joggette with RE now so be good till i get back.
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Hope your joggette was good Tippy and Eagle.

It's absolutely beautiful weather down here. Cold at night because it's so clear, but gawjuss in the day. Perfect autumn.

I have done the poo-picking and been for a nice long walk with Dawg and Neddy #2.
    I now have some serious housework to do and a large family meal to prepare (think Christmas dinner size event).

<< continues being good and waits for Tippy to say I can stop >>
  • Options

What a glorious morning it was to be out running this morning.  Set off @ 7.15am for warm up mile to meet TT.  As usual the conversation was......well......interesting & varied.  The mist was rising off the river and at one point we got talking about the Thunderbirds episode where thay get trapped in a house by giant alligators.  Well.....there were some men on the river in a slow moving (it must have been slow because we were keeping up with it) and I quote...... "they will get nobbed by an alligator in a minute...."  I think what was meant was knobbled, but hey it did not half exercise our laughing gear!image

There was a couple walking along the towpath, the female carrying a lead, no dog in sight.  Kinky says TT and we were off again.image  There was a dog......further on.

There were 4 ladies rowing......it was a co(cks) less four.  TT wanted to offer to stroke for them......

Thought that I'd share those with you.

You never know what will happen on Tippy Tours.  Tippy left the duck at home today, perhaps 20 miles was too far for it.

Hope that I've made you smile on this fine ENGLISH late autumn day.

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    I believe I am on your wavelength regarding Tippy's 'duck' and if so - I am glad to hear it wasn't exercised today!

Sounds like you had a luvverly run this morning boys image

I have a food baby the size of a small planet lodged in my belly and am feeling quite quite ditzy due to the glass of champagne I had with dinner (I'm a non drinker generally so a little goes a long way with me!).
    I shall go and sleep it all off now as I have an early o'clock date with a good looking hoss.

Please feel free to come back out of the woodwork Speedy and Bodj - you are missed.

Nightnight m'dears. << burp >>
  • Options
    Hi all. I am still here. Here being our caravan for the next week.

Anyone racing this weekend? Is it Abingdon?

Long working days last week coupled with Jayden watching and a visit to my great grandson.

Just been out and walked/plodded 2 miles. Knees ok but the breathing was hard. Hoping the weather is ok for the week so I can get more in.

• Options

Morning all,

As RE said a lovely run, still smerking at Nobby the Aligator.

Hope everyone is wrapped up warm as it be chilly today.

Limper: Donald is well behaved, he only quacks when scared

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Am totally knackered.

It's turned wicked weather here. Tomorrow is run-home-day but there's no telling whose home I'd end up at with the way the wind is howling!
    It's so bad I could end up in Oz! (As in Emerald City type Oz not G'day Bruce type Oz!!).

Is everyone well?

I have cake going spare - if you beg!!! image
  • Options
    Please please please ( bats eyelashes)

Well make sure you have red trainers on.
    Will post a few pics from the run later.
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Bowl of hot choc fudge cake with vanilla ice cream coming your way Tippy darling.

Isn't X Factor crap this year? There's not a single goosebump-voice in the finals. It's soooooooo boring.
  • Options
    Agree about XF, bring back Brenda Edwards!!
    They should do a Motown week, I might be a bit biased though.

I just got my pack for the Norwich half Marathon and found out where my chip goes....in my Laces!!
    Well I had been wondering......around my neck, in a pocket, injected in my neck like the dog. All very exciting this!!