Mind what?
  • Options
    Muttley, it wasnt the third!!
    Welcome
    xx
    This am, 2 gentle miles
    Have a good day, all
  • Options
    Benz - you already done 2 miles? I'm still in my nightie!
    Will be running once I've dropped small at playschool.
    Feeling positive today - sending those vibes to all.
  • Options
    i'm having a rest today too....ran into college last night and totally misjudged tne distance and ended up doing way more than i wanted....was supposed to be an easy run at the end of a hard week, but didn't turn out quite like that...
    had a chocolate pudding for breakfast, v nice, but quite hard leaving the rest of it in the oven....
    i never know what to do with myself on rest days and always feel a bit funny, i kind of need my daily fix, but the legs don't like it....am increasing mileage back to the pre injured 50 a week at the moment, and it feels like more!
    hopefully starting new job soon as a nursing assistant...can't wait, but i'm already stressing about how to fit running around shift work and college at the same time....
    axxx
  • Options
    Of course there's hope for us, EP. There are loads of fit active contented old folk out there who have never voluntarily run a step in their lives.

>>Scurries into cave to take cover from expected thunderbolt<<

Morning all. I can eat most things for brekkie but chocolate is definitely a "later" food - even Weetos or pain au chocolat don't appeal at 7am. Boring old fruit and yogurt for me again.

Must do something useful of the muscle-moving variety today.
  • Options
    EP, Fi and Benz; just read last night's posts. Shall we start a new thread: "I want to but I just can't do it!"? I feel really p@*se+ off with my efforts over the last week. Can't manage more than a couple of miles, and that hurts all the way. My post-Brighton euphoria has totally left me. Sposed to be doing Worthing on Dec 14th, but can't bring myself to apply.

Also very sad this morning. Spoke to a very close friend last night, for the first time in four weeks, only to be told that her son was killed in the Bali bomb. He was such a bright chap (early 30's); a real high flyer. Then my mother phoned to tell me that her cancer has returned. Feel absolutely sh*^+y this morning.
  • Options
    Sassie
    Lots of love and hugs
    Nick
  • Options
    Today I am going running at lunchtime (but only because of this forum - half a mile from home realised I'd forgotten my kit, walked back for it, missed train but knew I must do it coz I'm meeting a couple of people off the forum & they'd grass me up if I didn't).

No apple today but hoping white milk aero & double decker are OK for breakfast (just finished both!)

Have as good a day as you can friends

nick
  • Options
    Hugs and prayers, Sassie. How is your friend bearing up?

Is your mum within easy reach of where you live? I always think it's so much harder when there are several hundred miles between where we are and where we feel we're most needed.

Nick, what a nice healthy breakfast! Enough iron in it for a decade. You might have found that a Bendi-Bus slipped down more easily than the Double Decker, but I suppose it depends what you can catch when the munchies strike. Enjoy your run.
  • Options
    Sassie - loads of thoughts going your way...

Got up early this morning and did some interval training on a bike in the gym. So feeling a little more virtuous than I felt last night after my enormous pecan pie and ice cream dessert.

Going to make it home this evening (soon to be Mrs McKirdy will be very surprised - hope the milkman has left by the time I get home)

Evil - make sure you wear plenty of thin, breathable layers when you're running in the cold. Base layer should be fairly close fitting and have good wicking properties, mid-layer should still have wicking properties but can be a bit thicker and should be a bit baggier. The top layer should be baggier again and be windproof (ideally). If you can, cover your hands and your head with something breathable too - woolie hat and gloves should be fine.
  • Options
    Morning all

Sassie – my thoughts are with you – keep yourself focused and lend support to those around you in their times of need, it is though helping other through difficult times that allow ourselves to emerge from our own difficulties

Will
  • Options
    Sassie - thoughts are with you. Take Care.

Morning all
    Well its another day and lets hope it goes better than yesterday. Started full of positivity but don't know what happened. Went on a real downer after lunchtime. Was really depressed. Ate all the wrong things - no proper meals just biscuits and toast all day. Went for a small walk and was exhausted after it. Made me worst. Lots of tears in the evening so maybe I will be better today.
    Snails Pace is flying up today with the two little ones to stay at mums for a week so that should cheer me up. She was hoping Mr SG would go out running with her as I can't but as he has the Plague etc (common cold) that is out the window.
    Sorry moan over. I WILL think positive today.
  • Options
    Just trainers and gloves, EP, and you might want to knit a little woolly cover for the tip of your nose. They're very liberal in the frozen north, and the running will soon warm you up.
  • Options
    Hoping to run the club 6-mile handicap to night and further hoping it helps me get some sleep - I'm only averaging about 2.5hrs / night at the mo
  • Options
    V-rap - Gob like mine can take an entire fleet of double deckers (not just the choccie versions)

WW - sleep patterns also shot to pieces (no obvious reason, maybe it's the weather /time of year)
  • Options
    Hi Everyone

Best wishes to you in your endeavours.

Had a great weekend of yoga. FANTASTIC!!!
    Didn't get any running done cos I was sleeping but it was a lovely location with great people. It was a shame the weekend had to end so soon. Oh, the yoga was good too. Had to get into impossible positions and hold them for 10 minutes. However after having done this, the affected part of the body did feel much better and looser (I am thinking of my hips).
    Plan on going to a running club tomorrow for the first time. Feel somewhat nervous.
    Doing this because I have a place at Bath and can't get motivated to do the training.
    Weigh in tomorrow, AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

Wishing everyone the best and happy thoughts going out to you.
  • Options
    morning all,

sassie, thoughts heading your way.

Im feeling good today, finally got rid of the ache in my leg which I got after my first club run last week. Spent 30 mins in the steam room massaging my leg and looking a bit odd..

• Options
    I watched the final weigh in for ‘Celeb Fit Club’ last night – Some of them did very well where others were very negative still saying it does not work – I noted that the whinges were the ones that didn’t try very hard

AND

I. M. the weatherman is got to be a hero and an example to all
  • Options
    WW - Can you remember what the celebrities lost??? In particular pop idol bloke!!!
  • Options
    I can't understand why people would be negative about a healthy diet and exercise. It doesn't work if you don't do it!!!
  • Options
    Hi all,
    Thanks EP, if you could take a look that would be useful.
    Thank you to everyone else for their suggestions.
    I didn't realise that the range on the Sainsbury's website isn't their full range which was what I expected.
  • Options
    Morning all,

Sassie, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's son and your mother's cancer returning. I hope she can find the strength to fight once the shock and anger have subsided. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

SpeedyG, glad you're posting again and thanks for the email. Try not to be too despondent, but if you are the chocolate is the best friend in these circumstances ;-)

Still nothing from the FLM and am beginning to feel really despondent about it 'cos I want it sooooo much.

Running Muppet, hi if you're around today and big congrats on regaining your stick insect-like figure. Still can't find the courage to come to the Harriers, maybe one day.........

6 mile run and horse riding planned for this afternoon if hubby gets back in time to keep an eye on mum. If not then I'll probably resort to comfort eating.

Good luck to anyone weighing-in today.
  • Options
    It's like pretty much everything else. As ye sow, so shall ye reap. Unless an agency beyond your control drops a little surprise - good or bad - on your plot of earth, of course.
  • Options
    I'm getting a bit as time wise I don't think I'm going to be able to do the New Years Day 10k when the most I've done in the past 2 weeks since the shin problem has stopped is 2 miles. I did the slow 2 miles on Sunday and my calves are playing up a bit again now so I'll leave another run until tomorrow :-( No sooner do I make progress then I'm back to square one.
    Is a 10k doable do you think? Comments anyone.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Susi, 10K is ALWAYS doable if you accept that you don't have to run all the way, you may not be able to (or want to) run all the way, and finishing in 90mins can be just as satisfying as finishing in 30mins. And you know iy will be good fun on the day.
  • Options
    Hey SusiQ you've got plenty of time to recover for NYD. Just take it easy and, as V-rap says, you don't have to run all the way. Take care and good luck.