Options

NT Snowdonia Marathon 2005

Comments

• Options
    fellrunner: when you say old git how old do you mean? cos unless you're 46 then my tagging along will probably be 20 strides behind you if I'm lucky!!!!!
  • Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Green ribbons it is then.
    With all of this talk of long 24m hilly trtaining runs, Im entered into a local 6m flat road race for tomorrow morning!
  • Options
    sobek - I noticed you said you're going to enter Snowdon, I was still chewing it over myself but haven't entries closed.
  • Options
    Ultr Minnie:- Oh pooh. Entries closed 30 Sep in Runners world but no mention on website downloads. May have missed closing date; will email organisers.Anybody not running and want to give me their place if not??
  • Options
    I hope you manage to get a place Sobek

I'd like to do it myself but having run a hilly mara last week at Leicester, I think it's one for another year. It's looks a fanatstic course in terms of scenery.

Good luck to all :)

Rosas Mum - I noticed you're on the list of entrants. All the best:)

• Options
    Manic depressed state :-(
    'Beachy head' full as well and done all the others so it may have to be 'coastal marathon' on feb 06 for me.
    <<EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE PLACE AND NOT RUNNING>>
    I presume that most organisers alow this providing they are notified of the exchange.

• Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Sobek: My mate has an entry that he will not be using as he has a dodgy knee. where do we stand with regards to transferring entries? is it a case of just not saying anything?
  • Options
    RR79-Am waiting for email and also telephoning contact delved from runners world magazine on monday [the recorded message is in welsh :-( ]. In case this fails I would also like to avail myself of your option.
    I think it is unethical not saying anything (insurance); perhaps I am too goody-goody. I cant email you but you can email me (just checked my set up) to provide me with contact details.
  • Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Ok.
    wel il speak to my mate this evening, im sure it wont be a problem from his perspective.
    il get your email address from your contacts and drop you an email so that you have my contact details for when you have an answer from the Nat Trust (pheeeeeeeeww if that all makes sense?!)
  • Options
    Cheers.
    Click on 'e-mail member' on my posting above (That makes more sense!)Send me your email or mobile number. Not good idea to place personal details on open forum.
  • Options
    Fellrunner, looks like I will probably be finishing in around the same sort of time. As with you though I will have to see how I am on the day.
  • Options
    My Green ribbon WILL be joining you folks. Thanks for the two offers of numbers received. I also confirmed that the organisers are happy with number exchanges provided they are notified.
    Have changed my identity to sir sqrl from sobek and look, I am green to match my ribbon :-)
    ELATION followed by depression on the hills :-/
    Also doing Studland 10k as training run now.

• Options
    SS: that's cool. If I start seeing green squirrels on the 30th I shall be a little alarmed!

Of out for last long, long run now. Hoorah.
  • Options
    When I have problems running I visualise my animal guide (squirrel) who is a good runner. I chose colour green as different (I tried several combinations before deciding). My acceptance must be a good omen for my new identity.
    Now off to work (late). Must start training now...
    Sobek reflected my interest in Egyptology
  • Options
    Has anyone heard anyhting about whether entries are still open?... Have just decided that this should be one of my '7 Marathons in 7 Months Challenge' for charity. Have just finished filling out the entry form... 'Cos it hadn't entered my thoughts that it might be full up... Until I started reading this thread... Hhmmm?!?

Also... What time does the race start?

Quite excited, but scared by this now!... Although it sounds like there'll be a good bunch of runners there... I'll look forward to joining you all if I can get a place!

• Options
    Hi All - a comment from the organisers!

It's very interesting reading your comments and views on the Snowdonia Marathon and we wish you all the very best on Sunday October 30th.
    The situation regarding the closing date is that the date for postal entries has now passed - it was Sept 30th, but we have been acceping a few late entries. Due to programme deadlines, etc. we cannot extend this any further.
    Subject to availability we will be accepting entries over the weekend on a first come first served basis- but cannot guarantee that there will be spaces.

There is a debate about passing on running numbers/places to others - we do not allow this and cannot allow this as the race insurance (both for the runner and ourselves) will be invalidated. We have enough problems persuading the Police and Highways people to allow this event to continue and one serious incident would be enough to jeoperdise this amazing race.
    If somebody has genuinely dropped out and wishes to give their number to another runner then please let us know and we will get the new runner to fill in an entry form and sign the disclaimer.

Good luck and let's hope for fair weather!

Elfyn Jones/Jayne Lloyd
    National Trust Snowdonia Marathon
  • Options
    Oh no... Is there no chance of an entry if I put it in the post today or email you my details and card details?

I am running 7 marathons for charity over the next 7 months and have had this race printed on the posters! I am aiming to raise thousands for charity and am already struggling to find enough marathons over the next few months.

Problem being... The decision to complete the challenge was left until the last moment.

Please, please consider my entry!
  • Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Moose, I still have that place going begging as Sobek (or green squirrel?!) has now managed to get his last minute entry via the organisers. If there are no places left then your more than welcome to have the one that my friend would have been using if his knees had been up to it.

contact me via the 'email member' link on my profile and we can make the necesary arrangements as the orgaisers now allow transferred entries.
  • Options
    Moose: that sounds an interesting challenge and I wish you the best of luck not only with the marathons but also with your fundraising. I will also be running for charity, so how about you sponsering me and I'll return the favour.

anyone else wishing to donate please feel
    to ask for details

by the way moose, race starts at 9-30, best of luck with your late entry situation
  • Options
    OOPS missed out the FREE after feel!!!!!
  • Options
    what would freud make of that rick ?
  • Options
    trust a border collie to nip in with a quick quip!
  • Options
    david d : e mail me with your pledge, I'll e mail you back with my address, you make out a cheque to BARNARDO'S and post it to me. simple really.
  • Options
    Last long, long run done. Should have done 4 hrs, only managed 3 hrs 25 (was seriously worried I wouldn't make it home!). Hope that is enough.........

Very tired and sore legs have now wandered of in disgust and gone to join up with a nice couch potatoe.
  • Options
    hi all,
    i had another set back yesterday.I ran the Liverpool 10k and i did take it easy finishing about 4 mins outside of my usual 10k times,my knee was a little sore towards the end of the race but no real probs until this morning when it was sore to run 20 metres.Went to see a new Physio who i was very impressed with and she gave me some PPT innersoles.
    I really want to do this race especially after months of hard work and hill training.Now i can`t say i`ll be deffinitely be doing this race but i`m not giving up yet.

NEED MORE GOOD VIBES,PLEASE SEND IMMEDIATELY
  • Options
    Rick/ Moose: I will sponsor you if you will sponsor me.

www.justgiving.co.uk/maggiehorne.

I am running for the hospice where I work
  • Options
    aunty moggy: have just donated to your website,go to www.barnardos.org.uk for address details, send cheque made out to "barnardos" quoting SNOWDONIA MARATHON DONATION 30-10-2005 thanks a lot.
  • Options
    Moose> What a problem you and me have given the organisers! I do hope you achieve your desired entry.
    Roadrunner79> Its 'sir' to you not 'green'; really :-(.Been Sobek for 5 years needed a change (that is as long as I have been running).
  • Options
    Rick: Big thanks to you. I will visit the Barnardos site tomorrow and reciprocate.

Moose: On behalf of which charity are you undertaking the challenge?

Jakesy: Lots of good vibes to you. Don't lose hope but do be cautious.