Options

ooooooooooommmmmmm

Comments

• Options
    Welcome blackers may you soon leave the dark side and become whiters. Plodding one: remember that there is only one consonant different between gin and sin, and there is no tonic with sin.

While reading the postings of the lurkers, which I do as I listen to the sound of one foot running, I realise that there is still much negative karama out there. Accordingly I shall now be spreading good karma twice a day.

Today’s words of wisdom come again from Swami Stillone:

ooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmm

Pain is just weakness saying adios to the body.

• Options
    Ahhhh - the silence of the lambs . . .

don't ask what you can do for your legs,
    ask what your legs can do for you.

• Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭

<<<Ooooommmm, K'Ching>>>

Well My Precious Ones, once upon a time Sri Swami NewRunningGuru was running his normal idyllic route at 70%NHR when he came across a beautiful lycra'ed lady in distress.

He stopped and bent to her aid, "O My good Lady, why the tears?", he questioned.
    "O Swami NRG, my feet hurt!", she cried. "They sting as if I'm walking on broken glass!".
    "My lovely dear, I can see why. Please dry the tears and stop those Eurhythmics now. You should not run in those clunky Kayanos. Take your shoes off", he commanded. She complied.
    "Now my lovely dear, follow my lead". At which point, My Precious Ones, Sri NRG adopted the Running Pose of Dr Romanov.
    The beautiful lady, smiled with open-eyed enlightenment. "O thank you Swami NRG, how can I ever repay you?"
    "My lady, you're a Runners Delight but go forth and hit that PB!", at which point the Lycra Lady ran away sprinting in barefoot ease.

Well, My Precious Ones, that concludes The First Story of the epic Many Routes to the Mountain Top of Sri Swami NewRunningGuru.

Keep away from the evil spirits of the Borg who cry: 'Ohm - Resistance is Futile!'

<<<Ooooommmm K'Ching>>>
  • Options
    Welcome natfin - though I think you should slow down on your beer drinking. For others
    I think the words this morning must have
    weakened thier fingers so that they cannot
    reply, , , ,

tonights words of wisdom, ready for tomorrows
    last (L)SR , , ,

somewhere there is a medal,
    with your number on it.

• Options
    ooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmboingmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......
  • Options
    Thank you oh Grass Hopper mem saab obi wan kernobi.

ooooooooommmmmmmmmmm

And do you feel scared - I do
    But I won’t stop and falter

(from the great Howard Jones '85)
  • Options
    A Zen teacher met four runners as they finished their training for the day. As they rested he asked them “Why do you run?”

The first runner replied, “I run to keep fit.” The Zen teacher approved saying “You will have a long, healthy life.”

The second runner said, “I run to get faster. I want to be the best runner I can be.” The Zen teacher smiled and said, “Learn to master running and you may learn to master life.”

The third runner answered, “I run to relieve stress.” The Zen teacher was pleased and said “Healthy mind – Zen mind”.

The fourth runner replied “I run to run.” The Zen teacher went and sat at the feet of the fourth student and said, “I am your disciple.”

ooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    ahhhhh the seeds of wisdom I planted are starting to bear strange fruit. (Even though they blossom late on saturday night.)

ooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmm

In seven days time :

the end of the beginning
    will become
    the beginning of the end
  • Options
    oooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmG!
    FLM!

*slaps self*

*re-assumes lotus position*
    ooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
  • Options
    ooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

May calm be mine

The journey is only a number of single steps.........
  • Options
    Grass Hopper, I have just discovered this thread and as I read I'm certain I could feel myself levitating. You truly are a great master. Would it be possible to have your wise words of wisdom placed on the arches that are the mile markers? Or perhaps on the labels of the water bottles? It would guarantee 35,000 pbs. Have a good Sunday folks - I'm off to explore this altered state of conciousness that I now find myself in.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    Welcome all. jake do you think that I could franchise my wisdom and make plenty hoolaa?? Would you like to be my agent and take a cut?? (Sorry, but even a swami has to keep an eye onthe bottom line!)

This evening's words of wisdom come from mahatama rud-yard kip-ling. (I do apologise for the totally non pc last two words, but one must interpret sacred texts such as this against the moirés of its contemporaneous conventions, not our own.)

ooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm

If you can keep on running when all about you,
    others are giving up and leaving it to you.

If you can trust yourself when rhinos o’take you
    but o’take those who are slower than you

If you can run and not be tired by running
    or on being tired, don’t give into walking

If you can run through crowds, and keep your hearing
    or run with celebs and not trip then up

If you can pass the tv cameras smiling
    and not be fussed when they stop another

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    with sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
    then your’s is the Mall and all the cheers that’s in it
    and what is more you will be a finisher, my son!

• Options
    I enjoy a good kiple on a Sunday evening. Thankyou Master Grass Hopper!

ooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    ok -i haven't read this entire thread. however, as a budding buddhist i have to say that mental preparation is a big part of mental preparation. i was DYING at mile 22 last year and I repeated a mantra to myself - which is from the "medicine buddha" - it might all be complete BULLSH?T" however, just repeating it to myself as i took each step really helped.

anything that can help you is great! don't discount the power of the mind. for beginner runners anything that can help you past mile 20 is a godsend. after all after mile 20 - supposedely it's all mental and not so much physical?
  • Options
    oops just realised that what i meant to say is mental preparation is a big part of PHYSICAL prepation.....

good luck !!!!!!
  • Options
    Master Sensei Swami Grass Hopper,

Surely the Kip-ling mantra is your most powerful yet...

PS I'm a lawyer. You want to franchise, you'll need a good lawyer. Good rates for the karmically gifted ;-)

ooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
  • Options
    morning o devoted ones , , ,

ooooooooommmmmmm

even in a crowd of 30,000,
    you are all alone when you
    cross the line
  • Options
    thats really , really true
  • Options
    morning

oooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!

wise words o wise one!

I luuuurve the Kip-Ling mantra and will carry it in my head from mile 20.

• Options
    grass hopper...........ooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm still a believer
  • Options
    This evening’s words of wisdom come from John ‘The Penguin’ Bingham:

oooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The miracle isn't that I finished....
    the miracle is that I had the courage to start.

Warning , there are plagiarists at work!! There has been a posting elsewhere quoting words taken from here and only vaguely referring to ‘another thread’. A sign has been sent to me by the lawyer alexander TRUEsdale and the following attribution must be used for all reposts from this thread:

The revered GrassHopper (TM) has posted the following words of (copyrighted) infinite wisdom on his illustrious thread (although my fingers are truly not worthy to retype such inspiration):

• Options
    oooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm(TM)
  • Options
    aaaaahhhhhhhhh (tm)

the journey of 1000 li
    starts with a single step,
    strangely enough
    so does a journey of 26.2 miles (c)
  • Options
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom
  • Options
    Anyone read the Great Ozz Gontang psyching series?

http://www.kernersville-running-club.org/marathon_psyching_series.htm

one of my favourites ...

"The marathoner had been winding me in for the past mile. It was annoying to
    hear his inane banter. "I haven't seen the ocean looking so blue in years.
    It reminds me when we were in Hawaii. Remember all those people cheering us
    on that last mile. Your smile was so big, I was certain you were going to
    sprint away from me." And on and on and on. I was ready to tell the guy to
    just shut up and run the race, when I saw out of the side of my eye that
    the blabberer was doing a 3 hour pace marathon monologue so Harry Cordellos
    next to him could get a picture of the course through his guide's eyes.
    Harry as you know is blind. God, even as I write these words about so long
    ago the emotions and tears are alive in this moment...instant replay. "

ooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    oooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Any time, sensei.....

....that'll be £250.00

ooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkerCHINGmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    oooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh great and revered GrassHopper, I have only now arrived at your karmic and cosmic door.

I humbly ask, may I enter?

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    K2 all that arrive are welcome to enter (on payment of the appropriate fee, please see my legal advisor).

oooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

it ain't over 'till its over
    (but then it might just start again).