Options

Nice Little Runs in Sutton Park

Comments

• Options

Longest run for FLM needs to be done on Sat 22nd March and we'll be doing it in SP as I have childcare/time restrictions. We're hoping for some company, any company for some or all. Know Juicer and Prue are doing Manx so can't.

LONGEST RUN Sat 22nd March Banners Gate 8:00 - 12:00
    Running Caz (8:00)
    TR (8:00)
    Des (11:00)?

• Options

A little tired on my run again tonght image Nothing like Wed though. Did 8M in 1:12. Looking forward to an easy weekend compared to those of late. A little 4/5M tomorrow and then Stafford half on Sun.

PM - hope you're feeling better for tomorrow after your text :-/

Any takers for the above run? ....... PLEASE??

• Options

B*****d!!!

Well, that's depressed me!

Hadn't spotted that one, I was ok with the others. Might look a state, but I did it and didn't feel it image

Fat Paul (8:00)
    Cobra Gill (8:00)
    Cobra Sarah?

MM1 - come and join us on this 23M and I'm sure you'll witness far better views than that Milford moment image

• Options
    Well done to Tarmac - a sub 3hr on the tough Rhayder round the lakes 20. I felt much better this week than last week - bit more like Prue last week , actually enjoying the race by pacing properly in the early stages. No one passed me after 15 miles and I reeled in pleanty of back markers - I ran all the way and didn't walk at all.

Great support from Caz and friends - Carol was delighted to get some quiet time. We missed you at the end - by the time I'd dried off and changed it was time to go . We had dinner in a little place just outside Newtown , had to explain why I was hobbling around.

I'd like to come for a run with you but I'm afraid I'm rather slow - I'm not at all sure what I should do with my training , more long runs? shorter faster? There is a 14 mile XC on march 30th I fancy .
  • Options
    i would love to spend the morning admiring your views RC. but i'm doing the compton 40 sorry.
  • Options

Hello All,

managed around 12 today, still feeling a bit tired from Milford!  I should be ok for Sunday's long run in SP, and fingers crossed I'll be able to get there fairly early (maybe for the 8.00 start)  - will confirm closer the time. image

• Options

MH - well done yesterday, nice to see you finishing with a smile. More than welcome to join us on that 23 next Sat a.m .... believe me, wont be too fast for you!

MM1 - that's a girls distance! image

Had an enjoyeable run which I'm pleased with at Stafford today. Hardly slept last night due to the picture MM1 has linked (sore throat and cold working on me is real reason), and felt very rough at the start line. Took first few miles easy but then felt good and decided to up the pace and may as well give it some. Was pleased with pace, felt quick (even if it wasn't) and passed loads of people, which again makes you feel good, and it spirals from there. Slowed a little in the last mile it felt but nice sprint finish. Got 1:45imageomething below 30 which is the fastest half I've managed since Lake Vernwy in 2005!! image

Nice to meet Dale the Snail today, albeit brief .... good run image

Still Dreaming - gave you a shout at the finish, hope you enjoyed the run! image

Any takers for a double loop of the park on Tues?

Tuesday 19th March La Reserve 5:30 and 6:15
    Running Caz
    TR

Cobra Sarah?
    MH?

• Options
    PruePrue ✭✭✭

You did really well today Caz - Well done

I ran with no watch and music for the the first time in a race, felt really wierd running with loads of people n having music on - No banter or chats, I turned it off after about 8 miles as it kept changing the pace I ran at too.  Defo didn't enjoy this race as much as normal, a bit too much plodding on concrete for me.  I came in at about 2.05, 11 mins off my time last year. 

Looking forward to the end of the week now... 

• Options
    PruePrue ✭✭✭
    Tr/ Mike - Well done on Saturday too.  I'm glad you enjoyed it a bit more Mike, and cracking time TR.
  • Options

I had a great race rain,wind and cold but a great race this really put a few ghosts to rest after last years run / walking the last six mile. Managed 2:49:25 on my watch and the big board at the end and a distance of 19:98 so pretty much bang on. A big thank you to RC for the child care, you are more than welcolm next year to have this one, nice to see Mark and his family shame you coulde'nt run . And a really big smile from MH as he came round the corner he looked very happy well done mate.

Good runs yesterday at Stafford ladies RC was very happy well done.

Only the long one in the park next week then taper image

• Options

Well done everyone on your weekend running.  Didn't do any running but had a FANTASTIC weekend with THREE days walking in the Lakes.  Even felt fitter for the last walk than the first one, so pleased with that  image   Walked in the snow, sun, howling wind, pouring rain, sometimes separately, sometimes a combination.  Wonderful.  Didn't want to come home .......

Juicer / ER hope you didn't overdo it ..... your weekend wasn't my idea of a taper for the mara next weekend.  [We did see the Isle of Man yesterday from the top of Ullock Pike !!]

• Options

RC - congrats on your run at Stafford yesterday.  Saw your name on the results list - brilliant time, you must be well chuffed!!   Sorry didn't acknowledge you - think I was in my own zone!!  

Did a PB by about 3.5 mins yesterday, first half under two hours (around 1:57:30) so well pleased.  Unfortunately, my chip time seems to have vanished and my name is not on the results list!!  Typical, isn't it??  Have e-mailed results people, but don't suppose it will come to anything.

Well done Prue on your run!   Think I prefer "off road" more these days - didn't enjoy the sections where there was narrow footpaths and traffic to contend with.

Rhayader sounds interesting.   One to bookmark for next year?

Coniston 14 is my next race.  Anyone else doing this one?

• Options

SD - congrats on the p.b image Yes, was pleased with mine too, best half since 2005!! image

Next race id FLM so wont be doing Coniston. Have noticed it every year and always fancied it but doesn't seem to fit in with spring mara training image

Still trying to get some more people together for tonight and Sat ... PM, Tumps where are you?

Tuesday 19th March La Reserve 5:30 and 6:15
    Running Caz
    TR

Cobra Sarah?
    MH?

AA - sorry I didn't reply to your text the other day,only just remembered I got one. Will give you a call at the weekend.

• Options

Sorry RC, still not feeling great. Colded up and coughing. But I'm planning on doing a bit today, tomorrow and Thursday. Then we're off to Manchester for easter working at the NUT Conference - surrounded by teachers! So I can't help out with any bit of your last long run on Sunday.

Great run TR - a really good time. And that gives me something to aim at for next year!

SD - well done on your PB.

See you all soon

• Options

Well done everyone on the runs and races at the weekend.  Some cracking times there, especially Caz and TR - all that hard training is really paying it's dividends now image

Yeh, Mudlark, it's been a rather odd taper, and certainly not one I would have planned!! I missed runs last week because of my dodgy quad, and then did quite a bit at the weekend in the Lakes (about 20 miles, and 6000ft total), which resulted (really oddly) in the worse case of DOMS I've had for ages! And now I've woken up with a sore throat, and the most awful lethargy and case of miserableness ever known to woman-kind. Finding it really hard to be positive.  I suspect that I 'peaked' at Milford, and the Manx is 2 weeks too late in my training.  Doh!! Oh well............................ I'm sure it's all in the mind.

Not going to risk a short run today anyway.

And have even bought some echinacea stuff, which I don't even believe in.

• Options

Mudlark - glad you enjoyed the weekend. It was nice to have some decent weather wasn't it? I have to question the "howling wind" though!!! You're getting to be a wuss in your old ageimageimage

I had a grand time....but tapering, it wasn't!!! Legs are knackered. Niggly strains, sore joints, tight calves. Ouch!!! Resting up this week and see if I can get some life back in me for Saturday.

Echinacea - MARVELLOUS STUFF. Works every time for me, if I catch the cold early enough.

• Options

Morning image

Another mid week long run done and dusted last night with TR. Not many left now!! Must be getting all marathon serious now as I offered to drive to pub after run last night, didn't drink any alcohol and refused to eat curry or anything tooooo bed!?! image

Been a while since a rest day and it seems I've done 102M since the one I had a 2 Saturdays ago! Not got one planned until Bank Hol Mon, so that will be 138M without a rest .... good training OR madness? .... time will tell!! image

TR and I will be doing a 9/10M tomorrow at 5:00 on roads (Warmly route) if anyone fancies joining us? PM? could you be better for that one?

• Options

Just been sad and analysed the Stafford results. Was 56th female out of 326 female finishers ...top 17% 

• Options
    imageimage better than that .... Have just looked up official results and my gun time was ... 1:44:55 image SUB 1:45 image I'm delighted image
  • Options
    ... that's meant to be CHIP time
  • Options
    RC - sorry yet again but we're off to Manchester tomorrow afternoon for the NUT. Didn't go out in the end this week so far. The blocked nose and occasional coughing doesn't seem to be going away. Hmm... very frustrating.
  • Options
    Well done Caz!!  That is all fantastic!  You deserve to be chuffed!!  I might have to alter my marathon prediction for you yet!! image   image
  • Options

Well done Caz!

ER - It was VERY windy where we were [except when we were behind Skiddaw], even though we didn't exactly have to crawl because of it.

Juicer & ER ......... I may not get the chance after this so a very BIG GOOD LUCK for the weekend.  I'll be thinking of you   image

You are, of course, both a bit doolally  image  so I'm sure you'll have fun ! 

• Options
    PruePrue ✭✭✭

Blimey Caz thats a fair few miles!

Juicer/Pman - Hope your feeling a bit better, there are some nasty bugs going around at the mo...

Juicer - You can't get ill. I just couldn't imagine doing the Manx without you.....  !!!! 

Lilltle P has been quite ill today too, temp of 102.  SO have had a lovley day off with him.  Really hope I don't end up getting what he has, the poor little thing has been shivering and been quite under the weather.   

• Options
    PruePrue ✭✭✭

P.s After all this marathon madness are we going to start up some NLRISP again.... it seems ages since we all got out for a run together......  Where are the others... aa...  tumps...Pman....?

• Options

Yeah, agree with Prue, those Tues evenings were great as a group and I know TR and I are intending to keep up th15M even when the mara is over image I sense summer evenings drinking cider outside the P&C after an invigorating long run image

Decided to have a rest day today as I dont want to start over doing it at this stage in the game. 102M really is alot without a rest and I want to feel ok on the 23M.

Best of luck to Juicer/ER/Prue for the Manx .... will be thinking of how short my LONG run is compared to yours!!! image

Can anyone make it for any part of this long run on Sat a.m as I need to start planning route to be varied, incorprate the different milage, include car stops for water/drink/food, avoid CAR BOOT at Boldmere etc

Cobra Sarah?
    MH?

• Options

well done everyone on your runs.

I really wanted to do Milford this year, and go back to Rhayader, but duty has prevailed - recently, I've had to do long runs on Sundays at snail pace with this guy doing FLM. I was out 4 hours Sunday just gone; my knees are killing!

Anyway, great to know everyone is doing so well ...

TR/RC, your training is going really well. I know you will both do really well at FLM and more so you'll enjoy it!

Juicer/Prue/ER - just in case I don't check in again before the weekend, have a fanastic time at the Manx Marathon and all the very best

At a late hour, which is usual for me, I've decided to opt for Compton Downland Challenge, the 40 miler! Looking forward to it.

Also look forward to reading of all your running exploits image 

• Options
    I'm up for saturday - do we meet at 8? ( god thats early) then run round the park passing the carpark ?

I'll be there for definate but I am worried that my slow pace will will hold others back. I may as well run with Caz and TR until I can't go on then make my own way back - this way at least I'll get maximum training.

I was going to run tomorrow but Carol is off so we might go to the gym , I've been delivering leaflets all day from 8 - 5 , I must have walked MILES . It's got to add to the training - if not I'll just collapse .
  • Options

Des - just noticed your post a couple of pages agao. It's on SAT the long run ... hope you can make it (you put Sun)!?!?!

MH - the idea of Sat is a long SLOW run MH. It will be slow, It HAS to be slow, stop worrying!!

We are going to have to start at 7:30, guys from Cobra are happy to get to Banners Gate for that time. I have to be home for the kids by 11:45 latest. So if it's going to be slow (3:30ish) plus time for faffing at the car having a drink etc, it'll need to be 7:30. Hope that's ok MH!?!?