Options

Sub 3:15 FLM 2006

1535455565759»

Comments

• Options
    Hi all

A rather belated well done from me BFB to add to all the rest - I take it you're competing in an ironman this weekend ?! My advice is take the weight off your feet - you definitely deserve it !

Well done Humph on your sports personality of the year award - I can see a hatrick coming on !

Get well soon Njord but don't come too close eh ! ;0)

I've done a little running since the FLM, around 9 miles last week and finally went to the running club on Tuesday for the first time in around four months (conscious decision on my part as I was focussed on sub 3:15). I ran with a few guys one of whom did 2:57 in London but ended up going off road which is a complete break from the norm for me. I enjoyed the workout although the pace was more than I really wanted but hey, I'd no idea where I was and didn't fancy getting left behind so stuck with them. We ended up doing just sort of 10 miles in around 1:10. I'm already looking forward to October when I'll (maybe) run with them again !!!

Take care all

NL

PS Will the last one out remember to turn off all the lights !!
  • Options
    anybody point me to a non subscription training plan for 3:15 please, tried and tested?
  • Options
    JP2,
    I can't do 'tried and tested' for you cos I'm training for my first marathon myself, but I thought I'd point you in the direction of the other 'sub-3:15' thread a bit further down the page, since this one is a bit more active with people's current discussions about training, etc. Come join!

For the record I'm following Hal Higdon's Intermediate II plan, but I've also started reading 'Advanced Marathoning' by Pfitzinger & Scott - highly recommended around these parts, lots of training schedules for different levels of mileage, etc.