Options

i am the ThreadSlayer......

Comments

• Options

image Alright might be worth a trip.

• Options

Ay up. according to work they will paint the post box's gold in towns where people are from who get a gold medal over the next few days. The first batch of paint has just gone out I'm not sure if they have enough pain come the weekend. image

• Options

Let hope they need to order some more gold paint come the end of the weekend image

• Options

Might be a anouther gold in about 10 minutes come on boys! image

• Options

Well we got silver but there are worst things in life. IF PO is lurking anywhere well done on the boks first ever Gold in rowing!!! imageimage

• Options

If you believe what they say on telly about towns that athletes belong to, Lufbra might need to get some more post boxes.

• Options

2 weeks of Afferletics was exhausting, I need a rest image

• Options

image What do we all do now then? Oh the league starts up again in a week. image

• Options
    Cake wrote (see)

image What do we all do now then? Oh the league starts up again in a week. image

Er no. I'd rather watch paint dry than fottie on the box image

• Options
    Cake wrote (see)

Jess is returning to Sheffield tomorrow, you going to be out showing support then Cake image

• Options

Afriad not I'm taking care of some stuff tonight I can't rearrange. The place she is being worshiped from 4 is near my work through so will take the long way there on a bike and say hello through. It's going to be like the ending of starwars. We've had 50 foot poster's off her all year on the side of buildings and I don't think she will ever have to buy a pint in the shire ever again. image

• Options

Lol, saw the news yesterday, BONKERS !!!

Well deserved though, she was fantastic image

• Options

image it was billiant. image

• Options

Bank Holiday weekend, it's started to rain already image

• Options

image This weekend one of the local pubs is runing a manvsfood style thing for silliness and to drum up business can you guess what I'm doing sunday? It's game on! image

• Options

Sounds interesting Cake, good luck image

• Options

image Didn't do it it was far to hard even for me. Mate Suzy who's about the size of a rake and also tom managed it. They both throw up later in the evening mine. image

• Options

Hello image

What would you have got if you'd cleared your plate, Cake? Not seconds I hope!?

• Options

A t-shirt and kudos. image

• Options

Hello small cat, hope you had a great holiday image

Never mind Cake, as they say, it's not the winning but the taking part that counts !!

• Options

oh I saw a couple of photos of the food thing on FB. Massive food image

Hello by the wayimage

• Options

image Hello the food was far to massive. image

• Options

Holiday was fab, thanks Gaz. What were supposed to be the last few hours were not so great but we've put it behind us and are starting to replace a few things now. image

How are the arms Tommy? image

• Options

My arms are.....ok today...its my stomach that hursts alot today. To much planking and situp (actually I didn't even manage one situp as the Plank and and other core exercises put paid to that).

What happened at the end of you holiday Small ??

• Options

Small you ok? (((hugs)))

• Options

Sorry Small, heard about your loss, completely forgot about it when I posted, Spanish Bastardos

• Options

Long time noooo see!!!!!
    I fort this thread had killed itself!!

Tommy - I like your fitness regime. Makes me giggle imageimage

• Options

Hey VR

I was the only bloke there yesterday, the only chubby one and the only one who could not do all the exercises. Still I was surrounded by lithe toned women so not all bad.image

• Options

I'm ok thanks, Cake
    Here is a summary, if you've got a few minutes...

We had our hire car broken into whilst we were visiting Knossos in Crete. We were on our way to the airport. It was a busy car park. All our stuff was in the boot. The lock was forced and they took everything except my handbag (didn't have anything of value in it but did have my debit card and the key to our house at home) Tall's rucksack was also left which was fortunate as it had his sketchbook for uni in it. They also left 2 pairs of brand new Converse and Vans and Tiny's iPod nano, even though they took Talls iPod classic (which didn't work very well).

All our passports and tickets home went too.

We called the police who arrived quite quickly. Another couple had also had their car broken into, they were Germans. We all followed the police back to their HQ in Heraklion. We had to wait a while before we made statements. The German couple let us go first as they knew we had flights that evening.

We tried to get on the plane home but were told no. We had to go to the British Embassy and get emergency passports... only the Embassy was closed due to it being Assumption Day.

We caught the bus into the city centre where, fortunately, the British Vice-Consulate is situated... it could've been miles away on the other side of the island!

We found the place, then looked for somewhere to spend the night. It was getting very late by this time. We came across a hotel and the woman on the desk said she could put us up in one room but needed to make up the beds so to come back in half an hour.

We went to find a taverna and ALL had a beer and were brought crisp and nuts too (we hadn't eaten a thing since lunchtime) Whilst sitting in the taverna I spotted a shop that did passport photos. Handy to know for the morning.

We went back to the hotel, showered and slept on and off. At 08.00 Big rang the embassy giving them our details. We got our photos done then booked another 4 flights home. (Our car was in Bristol but the only flight that day was to Gatwick)

We couldn't get our tickets until we had a passport numbers and we couldn't get our passports until we had proof that we had a flight!

The woman in the consulate was very nice and extremely helpful. Our passports were rushed through and she told us that it was their last day but if need be she'd come in on her day off to help get us home. I really did not want to spend another day in the same clothes and contact lenses! Fortunately the passports were done within a couple of hours, we collected our boarding passes and then enjoyed the remainder of our time in Heraklion by buying a couple of souvenirs to replace all those that we lost and finding an internet cafe so we could let the cattery owner at home know we'd be a day late collecting our cat.

We caught the bus back to the airport and waited there for our flight for about 6 hours! It was cooler in the airport. The flight home seemed to go quickly. We landed at about 01.00 didn't have to wait for any bags so booked a coach to Bristol.

The coach first went to Victoria. We got there at 04.00. The coach to Bristol left at 07.30. Horrible few hours spent in the waiting room.

Arrived in Bristol at 10.10 From Bristol bus depot we caught a bus to the airport, from there we got the bus to the car park. Then we had to explain to the man at the desk why we didn't have our parking slip and were a day late... more expense.

Drove home, picked the cat up on way, arrived home, so glad I still had the door key) at 12.45 - knackered, starving but happy we all made it back in one piece.

I would go again. But I am NEVER leaving anything in a car again!