Options

Santa Dash 5K

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    yes, i,ll defininatley do it again next year. kids & wifey as well maybe, & maybe more from work, it was a blast!
  • Options
    Invisible Man - I washed my suit as someone spilt coffee all over me in Starbucks after the race. It has come out fine (was dreading the colours running and ending up with pink trims!!)

Everyone I have spoken to was impressed with what we've done and quite a few are considering entering next year.

Had a look on the phot webiste and found some good ones but they are a bit pricey!!

• Options
    wwn - I think my point was that if we all had the same opinion it would be a dull world.

I must remember in future to have a more democratic opinion, maybe I'll do some sort of a poll before I decide what to think about things from now on...

• Options
    Loki - no need to do a poll, just read the instructions, and note that it was a FUN RUN, and that the distance was APROX 5k (both facts mentioned twice)

Admittedly the course did change at the last minute, but that was unavoidable - Tithbarn Street was supposed to be fully reopened by Dec 4th, but was still barricaded off, so the first kilometre or so HAD to be changed. That meant that the finish had to be changed as well, otherwise it would have been even longer.

If they can get the published course for next year, it might be closer to 5k, but don't expect it to be as accurately measured as some others which are essentially RACES, and subject to strict course measuring criteria
  • Options
    Tempting as it is to continue this futile argument, oh, at least until the next santa dash, if possible ADOPTING the amusing trait of capitalising random WORDS for effect, I really can't be ARSED.

The route was longer than I expected. This annoyed me. I wrote this in my event feedback. If I do the dash again I will be aware of the possibility and plan accordingly. Other people will also be able to do so. Er, that's it. Nothing more to see here folks, move along...

[exit thread right in search of a sense of humour, maybe someone will get me one for christmas...]
  • Options
    Loki - your wish will be granted.

And you're right - time to move on. And we can all look forward to next year's event